• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Cwarrior

I don't get laggon boy hate his alright, not good or bad.

The reason why he calls her angel fish am sure it's that his seen her alien form thinks she's hot fish person/thing so he calls her angel fish.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey I have to get in on this war

Avengers emh > Young justice> Korra

I love korra but content wise it hasn't done anything to blow my face off like the orginal avatar book 2 did.

Season 2 Young justice has really upped it's game it's already considerable better then S1.

But the show to beat is avengers earths mightiest heroes it continues to blow me away by the attention to detail within the writing of the script with so many small or large details brought over in each episode, constantly masterfully juggling a ton of plot thread and tying them together so beautifully.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Lagoon Boy hate is crazy, I wish DC comics would give me a job instead of these fifty year olds. I would turn Lagoon Boy into a franchise.

I read all about the shit thrown because of the time skip, and these last few episodes show why the time skip was awesome. I think it came abruptly, but that's because of CN weird scheduling with this show.

I love how they have handle it, giving small bits of info each ep so we can fill in what happened during those 5 years. the Aqualad reveal was fuckawesome.

armchair writers in forums know jackshit, glad the people behind this show don't listen to them.

shira

I read all about the shit thrown because of the time skip, and these last few episodes show why the time skip was awesome. I think it came abruptly, but that's because of CN weird scheduling with this show.

I love how they have handle it, giving small bits of info each ep so we can fill in what happened during those 5 years. the Aqualad reveal was fuckawesome.

armchair writers in forums know jackshit, glad the people behind this show don't listen to them.
Lagoon_Boy_and_Miss_Martian.png

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
no. it was only shippers trying to start a war. that's all anyone ever does, something always has to be better than another, it can never stand on it's own merits.
This all started because someone said YJ was the best animated tv show and I admittedly made the mistake of taking the comment literally(in terms of animation). So here we go: They're both great shows with flaws. They're still the best things in recent years.

This all started because someone said YJ was the best animated tv show and I admittedly made the mistake of taking the comment literally(in terms of animation). So here we go: They're both great shows with flaws. They're still the best things in recent years.

there. now was that so hard? doesn't that feel better? don't you feel more advanced and more... evolved?

Ehhh, that's still going a good bit far.

G.I Joe Renegades was great (too bad it's not getting a 2nd season but it ended well enough to count as a proper end. Hasbro decided against a season 2 in favor of making a new cartoon based on the meh movie which is pretty much a soft series reboot, not because of it lacking in performance or anything), Transformers Prime is great and on it's second season, Star Wars: Clone Wars is awesome and is still going strong, Scooby Doo- M.I is amazing and Sym-Bionic Titan is the BEST thing to hit the Teen-geared-animated-series demographic in years (Yup, I see we're not doing Cartoon wars but that is very much the best teen toon in the past 6-10 years. Short lived but sweet).

And on top of that there are promising NEW series like GL: TAS (started kinda slow and really meh but it's been getting better and better. Building it's self more and more as the world they live in grows), Motorcity (This show looks like pure fun so far. Like the western cartoon version or RedLine mixed with Cranked mixed with the first half of Gurren Lagann ... but with fewer females sadly :/) and TRON (only the first episode to this mini series is out so far and it doesn't start until June but it already looks highly promising. Interesting animation style, cool character designs, sweet action scenes and great music).

That's why I think we need a thread devoted to this topic. Less "Cartoon WARZZZ!!!!" and more just general discussion on (non-Fox animation domination) cartoons that can house talk that crosses series. Like how Manga has it's own topic and people have debates and such in there as well as suggestions to new people on what they may like.

Ehhh, that's still going a good bit far.

G.I Joe Renegades was great (too bad it's not getting a 2nd season but it ended well enough to count as a proper end. Hasbro decided against a season 2 in favor of making a new cartoon based on the meh movie which is pretty much a soft series reboot, not because of it lacking in performance or anything), Transformers Prime is great and on it's second season, Star Wars: Clone Wars is awesome and is still going strong, Scooby Doo- M.I is amazing and Sym-Bionic Titan is the BEST thing to hit the Teen-geared-animated-series demographic in years (Yup, I see we're not doing Cartoon wars but that is very much the best teen toon in the past 6-10 years. Short lived but sweet).

And on top of that there are promising NEW series like GL: TAS (started kinda slow and really meh but it's been getting better and better. Building it's self more and more as the world they live in grows), Motorcity (This show looks like pure fun so far. Like the western cartoon version or RedLine mixed with Cranked mixed with the first half of Gurren Lagann ... but with fewer females sadly :/) and TRON (only the first episode to this mini series is out so far and it doesn't start until June but it already looks highly promising. Interesting animation style, cool character designs, sweet action scenes and great music).

That's why I think we need a thread devoted to this topic. Less "Cartoon WARZZZ!!!!" and more just general discussion on (non-Fox animation domination) cartoons that can house talk that crosses series. Like how Manga has it's own topic and people have debates and such in there as well as suggestions to new people on what they may like.

Way too many CG shows listed there. Old school animation is ALWAYS superior. I just can't bring myself to watch CG stuff.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I was really impressed with tron: uprising, first ep was way more exciting than the entire movie.

it's been awhile since I've a lot of cartoons to look forward every week.

No it's not. Sometimes hand-drawn is better, sometimes CGI is better. Depends on the context.

Couldn't disagree more. The only CG I find even close to tolerable is Clone Wars. It doesn't even have anything to do with writing. I just can't take the CG look. I LOVE GL, but I can't bring myself to watch the damn show. I try. I just hate the CG so much.

I'd say it's an age thing, but I'm only 25 and I'd guess there are a number of people older than me here that feel differently. Personal taste is really all it is I guess....

I know shit brah they just got to give me the opportunity.

Ignore the hyperbole I haven't kept up with each respective network's cartoons.

And that's why someone (
Andrex ....?
) needs to make a "Cartoon General". If I didn't go to 4chan I wouldn't know about almost half of these series either because they don't have a gaf thread to follow and even when they do the thread doesn't get much traffic compared to this or the Avatar thread.

That way we can all talk about different series and keep people up to date :]

Couldn't disagree more. The only CG I find even close to tolerable is Clone Wars. It doesn't even have anything to do with writing. I just can't take the CG look. I LOVE GL, but I can't bring myself to watch the damn show. I try. I just hate the CG so much.

I'd say it's an age thing, but I'm only 25 and I'd guess there are a number of people older than me here that feel differently. Personal taste is really all it is I guess....

You'd have to give it a chance. I was actually mad that Bruce Timm went with CG because from short scenes and such it looks really cheap. but if you watch a couple episodes you notice how smooth it is, also some great lighting and colors.
and besides that the characters are good enough to warrant watching either way.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Lagoon Boy hate is crazy, I wish DC comics would give me a job instead of these fifty year olds. I would turn Lagoon Boy into a franchise.

its not really. the little hes said so far doesnt vibe with me. at all. maybe things will change down the line with a character based episode, but his too cool for school attitude is annoying. i liked his comic form better.

I see Cwarrior was banned and was like "huh" but then i saw the culprit.

Oh well *pours 40*

As for Lagoon Boy he just seems completely uninteresting right now to the point i don't give a flying fuck.

Get more interesting characters plz like M'gann with her horseshit, Red Arrow, Evil Aqualad, New enemy dude, etc.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

I can't look into CGI therefore it's automatically inferior!

I see Cwarrior was banned and was like "huh" but then i saw the culprit.

Oh well *pours 40*

What happened anyway

Slayven

Now that I think about it, this JLA incarnation is wholly inept. Makes you wonder why the world hasn't been blown up or something.

Jintor

Jaime doesn't really seem like Jaime :-/

And Khaji Da is not... Khaji Da. I hope the Ted Kord/Reach stuff comes into play later.

ZoddGutts

Pssh Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated is better than both YJ and Avengers.

Penguin

If nothing else, the Invasion jump has given us some awesome team-ups.

Girl Power! Which was nicely complimented by the new SBFF short!

Anyone else think the four captured teens are all going to be superheroes? Ty is clearly Apache Chief, and I see a potential Static on the far right as well as a potential Katana next to Ty. Not sure on the one between "Katana" and "Static", though

captured.jpg

Anyone else think the four captured teens are all going to be superheroes? Ty is clearly Apache Chief, and I see a potential Static on the far right as well as a potential Katana next to Ty. Not sure on the one between "Katana" and "Static", though

captured.jpg

Yeah, I was thinking that they'd be given powers to fight against the team. Which would be pretty cool considering one of them is Apache Chief and has ties to Blue Beelte. That and I just want to see Static damnit

Slayven

captured.jpg
I say they well be warm bodies for Reach scarabs.

Top Bottom