• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Penguin

I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel is hard at work at bringing most of their major events to DTV.

I can see a ton of them working with some modifications like Secret Wars, could be a hit with all those heroes and villains. Though a lot of the characters would need to be updated to fit their current style.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
krypt0nian said:
Oh, spindashing. Dick Grayson is the heart of the DCU. I will admit though that Tim more than filled the shoes of Robin. He was born for the role. :)

its sad because they use tims designs for teen titans and young justice, but refuse to use tim himself. and with connor being a member of young justice, i wonder how their bromance is gonna work out

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I finally got to watch this yesterday and I absolutely loved it. The action is so well done and the tone was darker than I expected it to be. I'll be buying the episodes just as fast as Sony can get them up on the PSN store. I was really impressed with the quality of the animation.

krypt0nian said:
Oh, spindashing. Dick Grayson is the heart of the DCU. I will admit though that Tim more than filled the shoes of Robin. He was born for the role. :)
xD Well, I more or less said that because I have a friend who is a diehard Dick Grayson fan who believes he is the best character to grace comic books all over the world and I grow tired of it.

I did like Dick (lol, I said "I like Dick) when I watched the most epic Batman cartoon series during the 90s, though.

Thanks for the episode bump, Penguin!

Parallax

krypt0nian said:

...the heart of the titans maybe, but dc all together? nope

WillyFive

I loved the first episode, felt like a serious superhero show that wasn't about advertising something. Also, it was awesome.

Can't wait for this one. CN now has three shows (two tonight, Symbionic Titan doesn't come back till February) I want to watch in one night. More than any channel out there.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Pretty good so far, I like that the younger heroes don't have all the powers of their mentors. I think it will be an interesting dynamic of the show.

DMPrince said:
amazon that superboy got his shirt messed, ripped it off and another clean one appears. Unless i watched it wrong xD

I noticed that too. A funny touch! :D

Asbel

Good episode but yeah, ironic that Batman is the most emo superhero but it's Superboy that is the most emo kid superhero.

The fake-out at the end was good, it was a nice moment of "Did they actually go there?"

Asbel said:
Good episode but yeah, ironic that Batman is the most emo superhero but it's Superboy that is the most emo kid superhero.

He's more sympathetic once you realize he's just trying to pass a Kryptonite kidney stone.

Fimbulvetr said:
SuperboyStone.png

Parallax

Kulock said:
The fake-out at the end was good, it was a nice moment of "Did they actually go there?"

He's more sympathetic once you realize he's just trying to pass a Kryptonite kidney stone.
And now all I can think of is muddy waters, thanks

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ChocolateCupcakes said:
Wow, I had no idea he did the voice. So far this isn't his best voice over for me.

yeah, and he also is doing Superman's voice. So that little bit at the end of the 2nd episode, was Nolan talking to Nolan. He's also doing another voice, I think it's Zatara.

Haven't seen the newest episode yet and I don't really know too much about these younger heroes besides Robin but any idea if Green Arrow's "sidekick" comes back? I figured he'd be back in a flash but they surprised me by actually keeping him away the first two episodes.

VGChampion said:
Haven't seen the newest episode yet and I don't really know too much about these younger heroes besides Robin but any idea if Green Arrow's "sidekick" comes back? I figured he'd be back in a flash but they surprised me by actually keeping him away the first two episodes.

Watch the new ep.

Parallax said:
am i the only one that sees ryu when looking at superboy?

Seriously, I thought the same thing back during the early premier in November.

Last episode was good. Crazy how they seem to be keeping the animation level so high.

VGChampion said:

I hope he gets a drug addiction. :p

Top Bottom