• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

After thinking a bit about the light's long term plan i realized that almost everyone in the group is somewhat "made" for it.

Vandal Savage - immortal
Ra's as Ghul - basically immortal due to the Lazarus pits
Klarion - demon
Ocean Master (former member) - Atlantean, use of magic/sorcery
Brain - lives in a cybernetic brain jar

The only people who are not would be Lex Luthor , Queen Bee and Black Manta but yet Lex is a business man so he knows how it goes and all three might see it as an investment they can profit greatly from.

Plus if anything Lex has access to tech that could clone him/extend his life or some shit and with Queen seemingly being more or a partner could get in on it also LOL

Superfriend reinvention huh

Glad to see Jaime getting more screen time

Khaji da is awesome, love how he goes straight for the violence. Hopefully he gets an arc like in the comics and mellows out.

LordAlu

Khaji da is awesome, love how he goes straight for the violence. Hopefully he gets an arc like in the comics and mellows out.
I did enjoy Khaji Da constantly assessing everything as a threat. "Activating Plasma Cannon" was probably the most used line of the episode! :D

Actually, just looking it up, it seems to be not only a nod to the DCAU reimagining, Cadmus-created Long Shadow, it's the same VA too. Whoa! And here I thought they were anally refusing to have DCAU VAs reprise roles. I'll have to double check the credits in my recording.

Couldn't disagree more. The only CG I find even close to tolerable is Clone Wars. It doesn't even have anything to do with writing. I just can't take the CG look. I LOVE GL, but I can't bring myself to watch the damn show. I try. I just hate the CG so much.

I'd say it's an age thing, but I'm only 25 and I'd guess there are a number of people older than me here that feel differently. Personal taste is really all it is I guess....

Strange. For me, aside from Reboot and Beast Wars which I find has a lot of enjoyable charm despite the poorly aged CGI, Green Lantern is the first CGI series that I really enjoy watching and I think it looks great, while I hate and can't stand Star Wars: The Clone Wars and can't bring myself to watch it.

Anyway, guess I'm not the only one having the same idea for the Light's plan. Good episode all around.

Veelk

Banned
The Light reeks of David Xanathos levels of being successful which irks me a lot.

Thats a 100% positive thing imo. Xanatos was one of the best villains ever.

Problem here is that while Xanatos was usually in the moment to moment kind of stuff, the light have a plan they are all working towards. While this is fine as a concept, it gets annoying that it took 26 episodes to get an inkling of what their goals are and even now we're generally unaware of what they intend to do exactly, other than it involves something on a galactic scale.

But being successful is not something that ever counts against anyone unless they really shouldn't be by the logic of the story. And it's not like it's taking away from the heroes in any way, as they succeed in their goals as well. Both the Light and the Team succeed. It's just the villain of the week that gets screwed.

The Light reeks of David Xanathos levels of being successful which irks me a lot.

"
It's a good thing we had a back-up shipment ready
" was a bit of a "come the fuck on" moment for me. I know if you got a bunch of genius supervillains together, they could plan out redundancies, but it seems like every episode ends with "ALL WELL WE STILL SUCCEEDED WITH PLAN B." I'm glad they're trying to build up the villains as being an actual challenge for the heroes, but there's a point where they're just being handed victories to downplay every single time the heroes accomplish something.

Slayven

"
It's a good thing we had a back-up shipment ready
" was a bit of a "come the fuck on" moment for me. I know if you got a bunch of genius supervillains together, they could plan out redundancies, but it seems like every episode ends with "ALL WELL WE STILL SUCCEEDED WITH PLAN B." I'm glad they're trying to build up the villains as being an actual challenge for the heroes, but there's a point where they're just being handed victories to downplay every single time the heroes accomplish something.
The kids are doing all the work while the JL is sitting around having meetings and shit.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Please with this ep, for a bit I was worried we weren't going to get anymore "character-focused" eps. It also helps I dig the Blue Beetle.

Yeah, the whole "Mwahaha we won even though we lost" thing is getting old... well, it was old halfway through last season, but more so now. Really dug the team's interactions in this last ep too. Was cool to see Batgirl doing some Batgirl-ing, although I think we're all expecting that if the show does get a third season, she'll become Oracle for it. Which would be awesome.

Man, the potential a third season has... hopefully CN doesn't "Spectacular" this show.

Wiseblade

Please with this ep, for a bit I was worried we weren't going to get anymore "character-focused" eps. It also helps I dig the Blue Beetle.

Yeah, the whole "Mwahaha we won even though we lost" thing is getting old... well, it was old halfway through last season, but more so now. Really dug the team's interactions in this last ep too. Was cool to see Batgirl doing some Batgirl-ing, although I think we're all expecting that if the show does get a third season, she'll become Oracle for it. Which would be awesome.

Man, the potential a third season has... hopefully CN doesn't "Spectacular" this show.

It's all about the execution. I Gargoyles it worked because Xanatos' ture goal was something the heroes could never have interfered with, and the plot of the episode was a bonus he didn't really care about. That, or the gargoyles winning actually furthered Xanatos' goals.

Jintor

So Jaime's friend Ty- Apache Chief?

They used "Long Shadow" in JLU right? He was one of the Ultimen.

It's all about the execution. I Gargoyles it worked because Xanatos' ture goal was something the heroes could never have interfered with, and the plot of the episode was a bonus he didn't really care about. That, or the gargoyles winning actually furthered Xanatos' goals.

It also worked because we saw a lot of David Xanatos and he was a pretty cool guy to barrack for in a twisted badguy kind of way. Whereas the Light is... fucking generic as shit and only really turn up to be like "LOL WE WIN ANYWAY"

Gartooth

Yeah, the Light is probably the thing I hate the most about the show. It really irked me at the end of season 1 where what is believed to be the Light's ultimate goal ends up falling apart thanks to the efforts of a bunch of kids, yet they aren't even phased because part 2 of their plan is already in action.

Essentially, no matter the great feats the team pulls off, the sense that they are always one step behind and don't have a single clue is what really pisses me off. Also the Justice League is entirely useless in this show it's laughable.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, the Light is probably the thing I hate the most about the show. It really irked me at the end of season 1 where what is believed to be the Light's ultimate goal ends up falling apart thanks to the efforts of a bunch of kids, yet they aren't even phased because part 2 of their plan is already in action.

Essentially, no matter the great feats the team pulls off, the sense that they are always one step behind and don't have a single clue is what really pisses me off. Also the Justice League is entirely useless in this show it's laughable.

Sounds like the writers are Bleach fans.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, it's really annoying.

Honestly would've loved it more if the wins are spread out on both sides, and sometimes both would lose, win, and a mysterious third party wins, etc.

Hahahah XD

ReiGun

Also the Justice League is entirely useless in this show it's laughable.

This didn't bother me as much last season cause I was like "okay. Setting the kids up. Obviously can't have the League be too beastly, since they're not the stars." But now, it's like "WTF does the JLA even do?" YJ is doing all the heavy lifting and most of the time, you're left with the impression that the League is just sitting around on their asses. Last season, they were around just to bark orders at YJ, but now Dick does that. So what do we even need the Justice League for? The way the JLA is presented in this show, no wonder Superboy, Ms. M, and Nightwing decided to just stay with YJ.

Nightwing: Join the League? Lol. If I did that, who would keep the world safe while Bruce and his superfriends have meetings?

Jintor

BAM.

Turns out Aizen's in control of EVERYTHING

I mean this is why I still think the CADMUS arc in JLU is the best damn thing they've ever made and that was half by accident. The Legion of Doom arc afterwards sucked in comparison.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
This didn't bother me as much last season cause I was like "okay. Setting the kids up. Obviously can't have the League be too beastly, since they're not the stars." But now, it's like "WTF does the JLA even do?" YJ is doing all the heavy lifting and most of the time, you're left with the impression that the League is just sitting around on their asses. Last season, they were around just to bark orders at YJ, but now Dick does that. So what do we even need the Justice League for? The way the JLA is presented in this show, no wonder Superboy, Ms. M, and Nightwing decided to just stay with YJ.

Nightwing: Join the League? Lol. If I did that, who would keep the world safe while Bruce and his superfriends have meetings?

It's mostly the second season having that problem. In the first season we know they do stuff, usually mentioned by Red Tornado or any other Leaguer. In season two it's like they're just having lunch breaks.

ReiGun

It's mostly the second season having that problem. In the first season we know they do stuff, usually mentioned by Red Tornado or any other Leaguer. In season two it's like they're just having lunch breaks.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. In the first season, they were just out of the way so we can focus on the youngins. Now it's like "What good are you guys?" lol

Brickhunt

To be fair, YJ is still a black ops team. It's meant for covert missions while the League handles the flashy stuff, it happens that most missions up until now were low profile operations gone wrong. We did see YJ and the League fighting alongside two episodes agora. After that, there has been only one mission to Bialya. Sp and BB fighting tge Intergang wasn't even a official mission.

Jintor

Man, the Outsiders or Task Force X/Suicide Squad are a black ops team. Young Justice is a superhero clearing house.

On that note, Task Force X doesn't exist in YJ Universe right?

Young Justice a covert team?
I know they are meant to be with Batman constantly reminding them that "THIS IS A COVERT OPERATION! DO NOT ENGAGE THE ENEMY!" but then they just go in and smash everything up.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I know they are meant to be with Batman constantly reminding them that "THIS IS A COVERT OPERATION! DO NOT ENGAGE THE ENEMY!" but then they just go in and smash everything up.

I don't think young justice is much of a covert team. They may start off with stealth, but they almost always abandon that path by the end.

Penguin

I think they were a covert team.. up until half way through Season 1.

Now they are more.. go where Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman and the League can't type deal. Because.. well they are.. huge icons with bright costumes

Screens are up.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=1344

EDIT: This link contains images of a character making their debut, as well as a change in an existing character over their last appearance.

Also, World's Finest seems to be tagged with Malware warnings this week. Click at your own risk.

EDIT AGAIN: Apparently, the Malware was a code error on Toonzone that has since been fixed, but the warning will remain up until google clears it.

Top Bottom