• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

That's because the Wally in this series it's not that great. Really disappointing compare to Wally in DCU, so much fun to watch, here not so much.
its weird though normally I ignore anything non Wally Flash related but now im interested in picking up Barry stuff if I get back to buying DC comics again.
maybe having Iris around is helping.

Avixph

From left to right: Barbara Gordon (Batgirl I, Oracle), Helana Bertinelli (Huntress), Katherine Kane (Batwoman), Stephanie Brown (Spoiler, Robin IV, Batgirl III), Cassandra Cain (Batgirl II, Black Bat), Selina Kyle (Catwoman), Bruce Wayne (Batman I), Dick Grayson (Robin I, Nightwing, Batman II) Tim Drake (Robin III, Red Robin), Damian Wayne (Robin V), Jason Todd (Robin II, Red Hood), Terry McGinnis (Batman III), Alfred (Alfred)

Oliver's Archer family is comparable. Does Marvel have a lot of Legacy families?
Damian Wayne becomes the 3rd Batman and Terry McGinnis the 4th.

MisterHero

Tim Drake becomes Batman in Titans Tomorrow but I don't know close to canon it is (similarly, Damian Wayne's future scenario)

The 3 "Flash" + Impulse in the same episode.

That was awesome.

So crash. I was glad to see the ending like it was but we kept hearing about screwing with the timeline bs. I love how off the wall Impulse attitude is and how he presents himself. The kid was spoiling ish left and right. Also got a laugh at Red Arrow's baby getting a kick at mommy and daddy fighting off assassins. Looking forward to Arsenal showing up now.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So crash. I was glad to see the ending like it was but we kept hearing about screwing with the timeline bs. I love how off the wall Impulse attitude is and how he presents himself. The kid was spoiling ish left and right. Also got a laugh at Red Arrow's baby getting a kick at mommy and daddy fighting off assassins. Looking forward to Arsenal showing up now.

Let's hope its not the dead cat swinging arsenal....

ReiGun

Dc did a good job in making sure that noone remembers azrael....

Why would anyone want to remember this?

dsc_azrael_batman_by_snareser-d2xrq9b.jpg

Aside from costume, no. But that's because there is no Roy clone in the comics. The clone plot was to have Roy develop an addiction and alienate his friends without using the heroin plot from the comics. As far as costumes go, pretty similar. Slightly less Green arrow influence and more military look to some of the arsenal costumes.

tm24

The most intriguing part about impulse was that he was from 40 years into the future, not 1000. Dashed my hope for some Legion goodness

Avixph

Aside from costume, no. But that's because there is no Roy clone in the comics. The clone plot was to have Roy develop an addiction and alienate his friends without using the heroin plot from the comics. As far as costumes go, pretty similar. Slightly less Green arrow influence and more military look to some of the arsenal costumes.
Can you post some pics?

from all the DCAU I think young justice have the coolest character design. Everything seem more modern.
agree for just about every character besides Batman. I absolutely hate his design in this, I like all the DCAU & Direct to Video designs so much more.
1704820-batman_super.jpg

boots and gloves too little, with almost no details.
dislike the ears and no highlight on the cape.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
I don't like Young Justice's Nightwing costume. The logo looks great when the "wings" extend through the arms rather than just putting the whole bird on the chest, like most of DC animated works.

I don't like Young Justice's Nightwing costume. The logo looks great when the "wings" extend through the arms rather than just putting the whole bird on the chest, like most of DC animated works.
I normally prefer the full blue but this design has actually become one of my all time favorites.
Hate that he is using red in the New 52.

Batgirl's design grew on me last week, still not sure about her colors though.

Rlan

I don't really like Batgirl's design in Young Justice. At certain angles it makes her look like she's 35 years old, and I wish we could see a design that incorporates the Batman "white eye" look that everyone else has, instead she has giant holes in her mask.

I don't really like Batgirl's design in Young Justice. At certain angles it makes her look like she's 35 years old, and I wish we could see a design that incorporates the Batman "white eye" look that everyone else has, instead she has giant holes in her mask.
How about no eyes or mouth period?
Batgirl_III_Uniform_1.jpg

I don't think it will ever happen, too different from her usual design and makes sense sometimes(she doesn't always have Batman tech)

I think its the best Nightwing costume so far. The DCU and other DCAU all he had is skin tight latex like spiderman or something. At least in YJ its more like a mixture of modern stealth armor ala metal gear sold..

Jexemad

Solid episode. I've always liked speedsters.

Something I don't get; why was Wally falling behind the other two? Is his superpower imperfect?

Tizoc

Comic spoilers for Batman Inc Vol 2 #1
isn't it heavily hinted Damian dies?

You don't seriously believe that do you?
Did you even read that issue? The other members of Batman Inc. that meet up
faked their deaths to trick Leviathan

Good ep. and written by Peter David who was the main author of the YJ comic back in the 90s.
Flash also mentions Gardner Fox in the ep.~

Jintor

How about no eyes or mouth period?
Batgirl_III_Uniform_1.jpg

I don't think it will ever happen, too different from her usual design and makes sense sometimes(she doesn't always have Batman tech)

Well, we got a Flash-family episode. I'd love to see a Bat-family episode. With added Cass and Steph.

Jintor

That was a ensemble mission. The bat-kids just happened to play together was all.

That said, Bats is in deep space, so...

Avixph

How does this even happen, where did he even come from? it looks like he came at impulse from the front but impulse was looking straight ahead so he would have saw nightwing
just batman-style vanishing/reappearing ?
I think Impulse let himself be caught.

How does this even happen, where did he even come from? it looks like he came at impulse from the front but impulse was looking straight ahead so he would have saw nightwing
just batman-style vanishing/reappearing ?

He came from the side. Impulse stopped to gloat and he got the jump on him.

I asked this earlier in the thread, but it was missed. Has Warner Bros. or DC announced plans for a BRD home release? I know it's been released on DVD, or at least part of the first season has, but it looks so good in high definition. I can't understand why it hasn't been released in a complete season box on BRD. The Justice League BRD season sets were phenomenal, so I hope this sees the same treatment.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think Wally is, to use X-Men terminology, a "mutant" while Barry and Bart derive their powers from the Speed Force. I think it was touched upon slightly in season one.

Did someone answer this already? I'm curious about this too.

because it on Earth-16.

different than the main DCU.

I think Wally is, to use X-Men terminology, a "mutant" while Barry and Bart derive their powers from the Speed Force. I think it was touched upon slightly in season one.

non of them are "mutant" well Jay is a metahuman.

Barry was caused by a freak accident, which Wally replicated.

Bart is just legacy.

I just watched the latest episode.
Now that Impulse/Bart Allen is stuck in the past, does that mean he's going to join the Young Justice team? Any guesses as to the indentities of the shadowy figures controlling Neutron?

Top Bottom