• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

So can someone explain to me the Flash family tree and how the hell they're all related?

Um...to make it simple i'll just list the speedsters thats on the show.

Jay Garrick(1st flash) - non related

Barry Allan(2nd Flash) is the uncle of Wally West(Kid Flash and 3rd Flash)

Bart Allan(Impulse, 2nd Kid Flash and 4th Flash) is the grandson of Barry Allan.

Jintor

I just watched the latest episode.
Now that Impulse/Bart Allen is stuck in the past, does that mean he's going to join the Young Justice team? Any guesses as to the indentities of the shadowy figures controlling Neutron?

My guess is the Reach. I don't really have any basis for this though

Penguin

I just watched the latest episode.
Now that Impulse/Bart Allen is stuck in the past, does that mean he's going to join the Young Justice team? Any guesses as to the indentities of the shadowy figures controlling Neutron?

Well in the comics
Impulse was an original/founding member of the team along with Robin (Tim Drake) and Superboy. So I can see them developing a friendship between him and Tim.

NeonZ

The horror. the horror!! The 90s were so extreme. Who approved this design?

To be fair, I think he only got those over the top designs when they were setting him up as a villain. He was supposed to be a parody by that point. In his main Batman run, his outfit was pretty standard.

PBalfredo

Looks like Impulse is part of the team now, which is pretty awesome. Now I just wish Secret wasn't a one-off character in this series (and that she could talk normally) because we're a stone's throw away from having the cast of comics!Young Justice.

Penguin

Looks like Impulse is part of the team now, which is pretty awesome. Now I just wish Secret wasn't a one-off character in this series (and that she could talk normally) because we're a stone's throw away from having the cast of comics!Young Justice.

For some reason, I feel like we will get a team-up ep with the original group this season

There's too much fan-service NOT to at this point! >.<

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Still missing 3 characters for a reunion of the cast

PBalfredo

Still missing 3 characters for a reunion of the cast

[x] Robin (Tim Drake)
[x] Superboy
[x] Impulse
[x] Wondergirl
[ ] Secret
[ ] Arrowette

That's two away from the original Young Justice cast. I assume you're including Empress in your count. I'd love to see her on the show as well. Her character and skillset are pretty unique, while Secret and Arrowette's roles are sort of filled in by Miss Martian and Artemis, respectively.

This series already has a ton of characters to balance out, but they're doing a good job so far. Reminds me a lot of Justice League Unlimited. Almost feels like a continuation of sorts.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
[x] Robin (Tim Drake)
[x] Superboy
[x] Impulse
[x] Wondergirl
[ ] Secret
[ ] Arrowette

That's two away from the original Young Justice cast. I assume you're including Empress in your count. I'd love to see her on the show as well. Her character and skillset are pretty unique, while Secret and Arrowette's roles are sort of filled in by Miss Martian and Artemis, respectively.

This series already has a ton of characters to balance out, but they're doing a good job so far. Reminds me a lot of Justice League Unlimited. Almost feels like a continuation of sorts.

secrets appeared already. i mean lil lobo and empress

Mononofu

Gah, my first thought as well!

Also "There's no static on the psychic link!"

~Edit~

Shall be interesting, DC is making a show based off of the Teen Titans short
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/johnarturo/news/?a=61229

So.. cartoon turns into shorts turns back into cartoon?

And where's my Super Best Friends Forever show!

This is what I'm talking about. TT was great but I don't really want a more comedic half hour show.

Will be good to Aqualad again in "depths"!

I do recall them saying that if some of the shorts are popular enough, full-time series are a possibility. And SBFF is definitely among the best they've had.

Im pretty sure shorts wise SBFF is a bit more popular but they probably went ahead on the TT show because it already has a pretty big built in fanbase.(people have been begging years for it to return)and they have reruns of the original all the time.
TT cast was amazing imo.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Im pretty sure shorts wise SBFF is a bit more popular but they probably went ahead on the TT show because it already has a pretty big built in fanbase.(people have been begging years for it to return)and they have reruns of the original all the time.
TT cast was amazing imo.

Robin and Beast Boy were perfect.

Penguin

Its nice to finally see the League be ahead of The Light in their master planning abilities.

And we're on break, until when?

Asbel

awesome episode. at first i was thinking, damn aqualad is cold blooded. but, damn, it's actually dick that is cold blooded. playing with his friends emotions for a mission. cold like bruce cold.

awesome episode. at first i was thinking, damn aqualad is cold blooded. but, damn, it's actually dick that is cold blooded. playing with his friends emotions for a mission. cold like bruce cold.

Nightwing is the greatest character on earth. Batman with all the internal conflict plus a sense of humor.

Top Bottom