• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Really? I thought Nightwing slapped something on her chest or something while he was doing "CPR"

yeah, they showed something yellow appearing on her belly?

edit: ok it was red.

after aqualad "stabs" her though, when shes standing up straight, something cracks?

Gartooth

yeah, they showed something yellow appearing on her belly?

edit: ok it was red.

after aqualad "stabs" her though, when shes standing up straight, something cracks?

That cracking sound is what I assumed was a pill, hence my post about the pill lowering Artemis' heart rate so Superboy couldn't hear it.

Kabuto

so why exactly is Artemis going with Aqualad again? why would Black Manta randomly let him bring another person into their plans?

Lemonz

1339281720154.gif

NEO0MJ

Thinking about it, Nightwing might have gotten more than he bargained for with this plan. Just guesses, but I'm thinking between
Kaldur "killing Artemis" and Megan destroying the minds of her victims, I'm thinking she will try to kill Aqualad or destroy his mind. (both in revenge for kidnapping Lagoon Boy, and for "killing" Artemis)

Maybe that's the moment when Superboy finally convinces her to drop the brain crushing thing?

A stronger version of diazepam maybe?

Maybe she had a shock arrow like what Green Arrow used in JLU?

That cracking sound is what I assumed was a pill, hence my post about the pill lowering Artemis' heart rate so Superboy couldn't hear it.

When they showed it in slow mo after the reveal, there were three stages:

1- Aqualad's blade curved around Artemis' body, looking like it was going through from one side.

2- As it hit, Artemis cracked a capsule between her front teeth

3- When Nightwing was the first to reach her, he popped open a packet of stage blood on her stomach.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Seems I've uncovered a plot hole!!!

Er wait... Dammit. I know what's going to happen now. Once they discover she's not really dead, Superboy will be like, "But I couldn't hear her heart!!!", then Dick or Artemis will explain how they did it.

EDIT - Or the explanation above my post also works... But I want to see a screen cap of that scene to see the pill.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
EDIT - Or the explanation above my post also works... But I want to see a screen cap of that scene to see the pill.
Shitty YouTube screen cap, but its pretty clear in the HD version on my DVR once I pause it:

20120610-bakyb5uwqkd64tyeaapp4ce1dx.jpg

The YouTube version is missing frames, but in the original you see the casing of the pill pop out of her mouth after the crunch sound she makes when biting it.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Shitty YouTube screen cap, but its pretty clear in the HD version on my DVR once I pause it:

The YouTube version is missing frames, but in the original you see the casing of the pill pop out of her mouth after the crunch sound she makes when biting it.
Nice... I deleted it off my DVR already so I couldn't check it.

Poyunch

Yeah they really highlight how the whole scene went out at the end.

The sequence was basically like this:

Artemis got stabbed by Kaldur? Nope he wrapped around her.
Superboy saying he couldn't hear her heartbeat? Switch to the scene posted above with a cracking noise.
And then showing no blood on Artemis until Nightwing touches her.

It's pretty much implied that they did something to physically knock herself out.

abundant

Because if she's willing to fuck with kons mind, no one is off limits. Hell, she could have fucked with lagoon boys as well.

Plus she is going to be an emotional wreck when she faces Aqualad due to the death of her best friend and kidnapping of her boyfriend.

Because if she's willing to fuck with kons mind, no one is off limits. Hell, she could have fucked with lagoon boys as well.

Plus she is going to be an emotional wreck when she faces Aqualad due to the death of her best friend and kidnapping of her boyfriend.

add that kon told no one of what she is doing/can do.......oh oh (unless Dick knows somehow).

And while i think Lagoon Boy is fucking garbage it would be sad if she attempted to do it him.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
add that kon told no one of what she is doing/can do.......oh oh (unless Dick knows somehow).

And while i think Lagoon Boy is fucking garbage it would be sad if she attempted to do it him.

And suddenly her anxiety about fitting no longer exists due to bending minds into whatever shapes she want.

Would you really blame her? As far as she knows her best friend was just murdered I'm cold blood.

As the moment she would be justified in going after Kaldur.

I'm cool with her going after him since she does have a reason and it makes his cover look even more legit but its what she can do which is worrying, especially if the 4 have no idea and the guy who would know is not involved with the plan of the 4 to either warn them/talk her out of it.

This can go to shit really fucking fast

shira

This is so dumb. I thought the glamour charm was bad.
This is just, wow awful.

Instadeath diazepam. Good luck with that

Poyunch

This is so dumb. I thought the glamour charm was bad.
This is just, wow awful.

Instadeath diazepam. Good luck with that

It's a common trope. You're overreacting. It would have been worse if "she trained herself to lower her hearbeat to such low levels".

I'm cool with her going after him since she does have a reason and it makes his cover look even more legit but its what she can do which is worrying, especially if the 4 have no idea and the guy who would know is not involved with the plan of the 4 to either warn them/talk her out of it.

This can go to shit really fucking fast

True that. Meg'gan isn't a monster and I for one have no problems with what she's done so far, out side of what she tried to do to superboy. (fuck PsyMon and the Crolitains). But like spiderman, she's going to have to learn a hard lesson about power and responsibility.

Yuuupppp, undercover. Knew it! Kaldur's too cool to turn.

Not so much "cool" but I always thought he was just too smart and level-headed to turn against team. Leave? Maybe, but not become evil. My sister and I cheered quite loudly over the revelation. I'm going to have fun teasing my coworker who also felt the same way about Aqualad. We're talking about going half-and-half on buying the series on iTunes as we're both big fans and he missed a lot of episodes.

Shall be interesting, DC is making a show based off of the Teen Titans short
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/johnarturo/news/?a=61229

So.. cartoon turns into shorts turns back into cartoon?

I'm kinda torn on this. I really think the humor of the shorts works a LOT better than the original show overall, but i'm not sure if a full half hour will "work" as well. Maybe if it was two half length episodes in a show.

And where's my Super Best Friends Forever show!

Sadly, this would have made for a great show, but Lauren Faust is now busy working on Wander over Yonder with her husband Craig for Disney.

Fezan

Really well done episode . it is right now favorite show.and they are not shying away from showing blood death or kidnappings etc

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait, what? There's going to be a break? After this episode?

Fml, going to die.

Yeah there is. They said GL and this will return at the same time.

I guess Futurama will keep me up along with KFP Legends of Awesomeness.

Flash

season 2 has been much better than season 1. just like everyone else, my only complaint is the whole "u stopped us but not rly" thing that is still happening. Are we to assume that during the last 5 or whatever years, the league has consistently been failing? ugh lol

At least we have the chance of the league being ahead now with Aqualad working undercover, so hopefully they serves as a real blow to them.

also, nightwing is fucking awesome! any chance that he'll don the batman suit to slow down any "where the hell is batman?!" questions?

Poyunch

It would have been plain bad writing to reintroduce a character with the sole point of killing her. The likelihood of her death being permanent was little.

NEO0MJ

It would have been plain bad writing to reintroduce a character with the sole point of killing her. The likelihood of her death being permanent was little.

It would have been an easy way to get a cheap shock, considering that the character seemed to have no use anymore in the show and that recently her comic counterpart died.

season 2 has been much better than season 1. just like everyone else, my only complaint is the whole "u stopped us but not rly" thing that is still happening. Are we to assume that during the last 5 or whatever years, the league has consistently been failing? ugh lol

At least we have the chance of the league being ahead now with Aqualad working undercover, so hopefully they serves as a real blow to them.

also, nightwing is fucking awesome! any chance that he'll don the batman suit to slow down any "where the hell is batman?!" questions?

Depends if the writers want to show the ripple of the main JL not being around messing with the whole team & their respective roles. I'd love the foreshadowing to his future time with Demain. I'd like the idea more if it gives us more Tim & Dick brotherly banter.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Very good episode, probably my favorite one in Season 2 so far. This season has been kind of rough for me. The time jump was a little jarring at first, but more than anything it meant dealing with a substantially larger cast, of (to the viewer) unknowns. Like you see the build up of the relationships in S1 and then S2 hits and it's a bunch of newbies. But this season is finally hitting its stride.

My theory is
they expanded the cast so they would have plenty of people to knock off later.

Oh, and Kaldur is such an awesome addition to the DC universe. He has been tearing shit up recently.

Top Bottom