• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Slayven

Higher res shot of the pill:

20120610-qqr88it4xyjek1i8d7uqkjp85a.jpg

Brazzars.

kurahador

Damn...this episode sure got me good.

Why is it that Megan seemingly becoming more and more evil? Does White Martians are rotten to the core or something?

Kreed

Great episode. The only thing is I wish they had saved the twist ending/undercover reveal for later in the season, if only to keep Aqualad as a bad guy a little longer. But I guess younger viewers would get confused if they showed that later on and had a flashback of an older episode. Definitely don't think it was a good idea not to tell Super Boy and Miss Martian the plan though.

True that. Meg'gan isn't a monster and I for one have no problems with what she's done so far, out side of what she tried to do to superboy. (fuck PsyMon and the Crolitains). But like spiderman, she's going to have to learn a hard lesson about power and responsibility.

Psymon...maybe but the Aliens is uncomfortable along with the other humans, extremely uncomfortable with people she considers friends.

As for the last part i think Aqualad turning into a vegetable would be a extremely bitter pill to swallow for her and the viewers so i hope it doesn't go that far

Gonna save this, it's another contender for shopping Bish's face in there :D

+1 on the New bish appearance/banned GIF

Some one should shop in those glasses, coming down and a "Deal with it"

Or just him having on the glasses from the get go and the "deal with it appearing near the end.

Great episode. The only thing is I wish they had saved the twist ending/undercover reveal for later in the season, if only to keep Aqualad as a bad guy a little longer. But I guess younger viewers would get confused if they showed that later on and had a flashback of an older episode. Definitely don't think it was a good idea not to tell Super Boy and Miss Martian the plan though.

Especially given the shit that was being discussed on the last page due to the revelation of SB and Miss Martian's incident, it can be at a high cost.

Kreed

Especially given the shit i explained on the last page due to the revelation of SB and Miss artian's incident, it can be at a high cost.

Well besides Miss Martian's powers, I was thinking it was a jerk move not to include the rest of the original Young Justice members, as it's pretty obvious Miss Martian and Super Boy can keep a secret. But then as I was typing this I realized that this was originally Nightwing, Aqualad, and Kid Flash's plan, and those three have a bigger bond with each other than any of the other Young Justice members.

Well besides Miss Martian's powers, I was thinking it was a jerk move not to include the rest of the original Young Justice members, as it's pretty obvious Miss Martian and Super Boy can keep a secret. But then as I was typing this I realized that this was originally Nightwing, Aqualad, and Kid Flash's plan, and those three have a bigger bond with each other than any of the other Young Justice members.

Yep, yep.

Well they have known each other much longer than the rest and IIRC they were the ones who originally had the idea/started the Team also so i could see why.

But its still seems like a jerk move though since SB was there at the formation too and miss Martian some time after but they feel like founding members as well imo.

We'll see how this plays out

Flash

Well they have known each other much longer than the rest and IIRC they were the ones who originally had the idea/started the Team also so i could see why.

But its still seems like a jerk move though since SB was there at the formation too and miss Martian some time after but they feel like founding members as well imo.

We'll see how this plays out

seeing how pretty much EVERYTHING they've done for the last 2 seasons (and presumably more between the time jump) has been foiled, I get why they would want to keep things as small as possible.

Mononofu

I love how this show toys with the audience exceptions. Every major plot twist has been called but the story somehow still feels unpredictable.

Shapingo

Was the woman who was trying to launch the space shuttle Carol Ferris?

Also the Bill O'Reily character is actually kind of funny... "Martian MANHUNTER, tell me that name doesn't sound ominous."

Tizoc

Yes! Thanks for the GIF of Kaldur rising from the sea, that was a badass scene.
...but man come on!
I rather liked that Kaldur was a villain...and disliked it at the same time, but the 'twist' at the end is pretty lame IMO.
Still it showed how much of a badass Kaldur is; him being able to blend in like that takes A LOT and it's amazing how manages to stay calm and collected.

...and I JUST realized this about Godfery (Spoiler warning?)-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Godfrey

Avixph

...but man come on!
I rather liked that Kaldur was a villain...and disliked it at the same time, but the 'twist' at the end is pretty lame IMO.
Still it showed how much of a badass Kaldur is; him being able to blend in like that takes A LOT and it's amazing how manages to stay calm and collected.

Wow it would be really cool if Godfrey's character turns out like his comic book counterpart.

Amakusa

...but man come on!

good bit of info, thanks.
Really good ep, had me fooled.

ffdgh

if megan were to come into contact with aqua lad....and then mind F*** him, she would learn the plan and then go nuts since she abused her powers lol.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
if megan were to come into contact with aqua lad....and then mind F*** him, she would learn the plan and then go nuts since she abused her powers lol.

Would she though? She tried to mindfuck superboy. I don't really think she cares about the action itself.

Gartooth

Thinking about Nightwing's plans, I think it makes sense who he would reveal the information to. Artemis and Aqualad are necessary for the plan to work, and I'm assuming Dick told Wally because Artemis is Wally's girlfriend, and because Dick has previously shown that he trusts Wally the most out of the team. (I recall in season 1, that Dick revealed his secret identity to Wally against Batman's orders)

As for why to leave Superboy and Ms. Martian out, Superboy probably would be holding back in a fight against Aqualad and wouldn't be able to act the role needed to maintain Aqualad's cover. Ms. Martian is pretty easy to figure out though, she is emotionally unstable and her emotions getting the best of her almost caused a catastrophe during the dream exercise in season 1. (ironic that it was after Artemis "died" in the dream, she lost it and overpowered everyone else's mind)

...but man come on!

GAAAH! I've mentioned this countless times already! they are using both the invasion! '89 storyline and the Legends storyline, it's really cool.

Piecake

In the process of catching up, and i have to say, blue beetle is the greatest character of all time. That dude cracks me up

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It's similar for Green Martians except their pyrophobia prevents them from showing it, or even knowing about it

Godfrey is right! Martians are dangerous!

i wonder how long its going to take for the big lounging man to show up in young justice

Klyka

Banned
I do love how basically every fucking species is totally super human.
The Martians could conquer Earth no problem, hell basically anyone could if the planet just had normal humans on it.
It's really weird.

Top Bottom