• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Penguin

General shows or specific episodes? Once you have tallied the votes do we do a group watch?

General shows, I think specific episodes would be a chore, but maybe a follow-up thread next year.

So thinking about scoring/rankings.

Three options in my head, none of them simple

1) 1-10, with 1 being worth 10 points, and 10 being worth one point. Its the simplest system but also think it gives too much weight to number 1.

2) 1-10 (or therefore about) 1 is worth 5 points, 2 is worth 4, 3 is worth 3, 4 is worth 2 and 5-10 is worth one a piece.

3) Giving everyone like 10 points to work with and they are allowed to weigh it however they want...

Or we could just do, Top 10, each show gets a point... hmm

\

yencid

Since young justice is going on a hiatus you guys should catch up on green lantern the animated series. season 1 was awesome.

Penguin

THen you can watch reruns of USM and appreciate YJ and GL even more.

Gah if only Spec Spider-man season 2 was on DVD or Netflix.

We could so do an Appreciation Thread for that!

I stand corrected, according to Amazon released season 2.. in like 4 volumes but no season set...

*Ponders*

Wiseblade

Gah if only Spec Spider-man season 2 was on DVD or Netflix.

We could so do an Appreciation Thread for that!

I stand corrected, according to Amazon released season 2.. in like 4 volumes but no season set...

*Ponders*

I bought season 2 on itunes last week, if that helps.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
- Tron: Uprising
- Young Justice
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
- The Legend of Korra
- Green Lantern: The Animated Series

So much cartoon goodness on TV. I'm also pretty hyped for Beware the Batman, oddly enough. Batman's head is derp'd in the single promo shot released so far, but I love the idea of bringing in new villains like Professor Pyg and I know Mike Borkowski is working on the CG/animation so it should look pretty good (he was an animator on Mystery Inc.)

Wiseblade

So any feedback on possible scoring mechanics mentioned above?

I prefer the second. The first is seems uneven, and the third just rewards tactical voting. The fourth suggestion favours shows that most people have seen and "liked" rather than shows that perhaps less people have seen, but felt was truly superior.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
- Tron: Uprising
- Young Justice
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
- The Legend of Korra
- Green Lantern: The Animated Series

So much cartoon goodness on TV. I'm also pretty hyped for Beware the Batman, oddly enough. Batman's head is derp'd in the single promo shot released so far, but I love the idea of bringing in new villains like Professor Pyg and I know Mike Borkowski is working on the CG/animation so it should look pretty good (he was an animator on Mystery Inc.)

I don't know about the legend of korra. The last episode people seem more focused on relationship subplot aspects rather than storyplots. That's not a good sign for me. And I haven't seen scooby doo, so I can't judge that.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Scooby is the best show on that list, actually.

And I'm pretty sure Korra's finale is going to blow people's balls off so the hipster hate force for the last ep seems premature, to say the least.

Parallax

Scooby is the best show on that list, actually.

And I'm pretty sure Korra's finale is going to blow people's balls off so the hipster hate force for the last ep seems premature, to say the least.

Let's hope. A good story driven finale would definetely be a good thing.

Mononofu

Who cares what's best or third best from that list, all 5 of those shows are great.

True though I'm sure Andrex opinion would fall into the minority. Ranking purely on thread post counts:

The Legend of Korra
Young Justice
Green Lantern: The Animated Series
Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
Tron: Uprising

I still prefer YJ to all <3

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'd say it's a close toss up between MI, YJ, and Korra. But I prefer Scooby to the others... maybe the second half of Invasion, or the second season of MI, or Korra's finale will change the status quo.

Young Justice would be first since I'm such a DC fanboy and it's a fantastic show, but sometimes it feels a bit... hollow. Almost like it moves too fast. But it's a petty complaint. Korra still hasn't approached TLA's heights yet, but it's pretty close now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Haven't watched it but I'm not gonna give it a shot since it's cancelled. Already got into one cancelled series (Spectacular Spider-man) only to have my heart broken, not gonna do it again.

Haven't watched it but I'm not gonna give it a shot since it's cancelled. Already got into one cancelled series (Spectacular Spider-man) only to have my heart broken, not gonna do it again.

Meh, I loved it.

Sucks that they are cancelling it, but it has been a great ride so it was totally worth it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Meh, I loved it.

Sucks that they are cancelling it, but it has been a great ride so it was totally worth it.

Well, plus I like DC far far far far far more than Marvel. And this isn't even in an inflammatory fanboyish thing, it's just I prefer the DC heroes. Like a couple years ago I realized, "Hey, almost all the superheroes and villains I like are DC, and only one, maybe two (Spider-man, Hulk) are Marvel." So Avengers doesn't really appeal to me in the same way Justice League does. I loved the movie, but that was more due to the writing and actors than the heroes themselves.

Nesotenso

Well, plus I like DC far far far far far more than Marvel. And this isn't even in an inflammatory fanboyish thing, it's just I prefer the DC heroes. Like a couple years ago I realized, "Hey, almost all the superheroes and villains I like are DC, and only one, maybe two (Spider-man, Hulk) are Marvel." So Avengers doesn't really appeal to me in the same way Justice League does. I loved the movie, but that was more due to the writing and actors than the heroes themselves.

I am the exact opposite.

Parallax

I don't see how one can like one over the other in such a way when both companies have fantastic characters.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh goes without saying both have fantastic characters and stories, although in the last year I've gotten into comics and, well... Marvel isn't doing too great there compared to DC, I think. You got One More Day and Ultimatum on one hand, and Final Crisis and Court of the Owls on the other... I've heard AvX isn't that hot, too.

I am the exact opposite.

You know what it really was? Batman TAS and JL/U being so damn good and me watching them at a very influential age. Maybe if I had been born 10 years earlier then Marvel's animated stuff would have swung me that way. Although that doesn't really hold up as well as TAS/JLU...

I do remember loving X-Men: Evolution though, actually.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I don't see how one can like one over the other in such a way when both companies have fantastic characters.

I feel exactly the same way. In the 90s I grew up with strictly DC, had absolutely no interest in Marvel whatsoever until maybe around 2003. Great stories and characters on both sides. I just can't pick sides anymore.

Parallax

Oh goes without saying both have fantastic characters and stories, although in the last year I've gotten into comics and, well... Marvel isn't doing too great there compared to DC, I think. You got One More Day and Ultimatum on one hand, and Final Crisis and Court of the Owls on the other... I've heard AvX isn't that hot, too.

I won't even attempt to read AvX until its complete, but it doesn't look to be lighting the world on fire. Fear itself is in that same boat it seems, but spider island was pretty awesome, and ill be the only one to say it, but I enjoyed secret invasion and the effects of it. On the other hand, the only event out of DC was infinite crisis. There is plenty of stinkers on that end as well. Like identity crisis, attack of the amazons, and another that I would mention, but would send out the batsignal. They're an even match. Dc has the far superior animated efforts, while marvel has had a better movie presence. Like yin and yang.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Marvel's movie track record is definitely impressive. Pretty dumfounded how they can put out so many movies that average like 80% on RT while DC struggles to reboot Superman for over five years and flings Green Lantern onto theatergoers like some poo-chucking chimp. Thank God for Nolan, his Batman films almost very nearly make up for the rest of DC movies/lack thereof.

But yeah, the animated sides of both balance it out I guess. Seems like DC has always been worlds ahead there -- although it looked like Marvel was on its way to crawling out of its hole with Spectacular, EMH, Wolverine and the X-Men... then completely screwed the pooch with USM and probably this new Avengers show and HULK Agents of whatever.

Crazy times.

Wiseblade

Marvel's movie track record is definitely impressive. Pretty dumfounded how they can put out so many movies that average like 80% on RT while DC struggles to reboot Superman for over five years and flings Green Lantern onto theatergoers like some poo-chucking chimp. Thank God for Nolan, his Batman films almost very nearly make up for the rest of DC movies/lack thereof.

But yeah, the animated sides of both balance it out I guess. Seems like DC has always been worlds ahead there -- although it looked like Marvel was on its way to crawling out of its hole with Spectacular, EMH, Wolverine and the X-Men... then completely screwed the pooch with USM and probably this new Avengers show and HULK Agents of whatever.

Crazy times.

Personally, I'd say that Spectacular is pound for pound the best single superhero animated show, but may have more to do with me simply liking Spider-Man more as a character.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Personally, I'd say that Spectacular is pound for pound the best single superhero animated show, but may have more to do with me simply liking Spider-Man more as a character.

Nah, I'd still put JLU s1 and B:TAS over it, but it's still really good. Probably on par with YJ, both are Weisman though so that's kinda not saying much. :p YJ is Weisman with the budget he deserves though.

SS would have been super top tier if it didn't end on a somewhat nonsensical cliffhanger though.

Nesotenso

Marvel never really had the resources they have now. Their animation offices only opened last year and their specific tv division was formed a couple of years ago. Being owned by Disney gives them the backing like DC has with WB animation

Parallax

Marvel never really had the resources they have now. Their animation offices only opened last year and their specific tv division was formed a couple of years ago. Being owned by Disney gives them the backing like DC has with WB animation

quite true. if they can recruite some good writers with that disney budget, they can go far.

Rlan

What we need is more Question:

ihaveaquestion.jpg

He'd be so perfect for the conspiracy stuff that's going on at the moment.

Top Bottom