• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Mononofu

The DC Nation panel is on Sunday at 1pm. I thiiink the focus is going to be primarily on upcoming shows Teen Titans Go! and Beware the Batman, but there will also be sizzle reels for Green Lantern, Young Justice, and the next wave of DC Nation shorts. I think the YJ reel might make fans do backflips. As for the shorts, I am looking forward to catching a glimpse of a certain gemstone-themed magical girl

http://jabart.tumblr.com/

BY2K

Membero Americo
I think the YJ reel might make fans do backflips.

ibuU7L3VhW0504.gif

Anyone know what time the panel starts EST?

If it's 1PM PDT, it's 4PM EDT.

BY2K

Membero Americo
New characters confirmed at the panel:

Hero:
Static

Villains:
Deathstroke
Black Beetle

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
New characters confirmed at the panel:

Hero:
Static

Villains:
Deathstroke
Black Beetle

awesome. now lets get some more young justice members in there. cmon dc, you know you want to.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Deathstroke
is the really big news. Perfect match for YJ and I can't wait to see what they do with him.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Says there wasn't a lot of Young Justice info because everybody was asking about the Teen Titans shorts. :/

sca2511

I watched this as a side note to Korra at first, thinking it as something of filler to lead up to the main event. Now... YJ > Korra.

BY2K

Membero Americo
All I could get was those 3 character reveals + that Zatana will appear at some point during Invasion.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
YJ is 10x better in 1.5 seasons than TT EVER got over the course of years.

It's hard to compare. Teen Titans was better at making you feel attached to the characters, YJ (especially Invasion) has the problem of too many characters making it a bit harder. It's not a big gulf, of course.

Let's just say both were quality series.

I'm not hyped for Go, though. It's nice to have it back in some form, but it's not really continuing the real series as far as I can tell so there's little reason to get invested in it.

You got to be kidding me! What is there to talk about?

Exactly ... WTF is there to KNOW about TTG?

It's the crappy/ weakest part of the original TT show (the manga humor) spread out into a half hour show ... featuring the same characters from the original series. What else do you need to know?

MadeWell

Exactly ... WTF is there to KNOW about TTG?

It's the crappy/ weakest part of the original TT show (the manga humor) spread out into a half hour show ... featuring the same characters from the original series. What else do you need to know?

That's what stuck me about TT when I watched it many years ago,
the episodes would range from zany tofu monsters to hallucinating paranoid Robin

Eh

TT had its moments

Yeah, let's not knock on TT too much. Sure, it's campier than YJ but it's pretty good in its own right.

It's hard to compare. Teen Titans was better at making you feel attached to the characters, YJ (especially Invasion) has the problem of too many characters making it a bit harder. It's not a big gulf, of course.

Let's just say both were quality series.

I'm not hyped for Go, though. It's nice to have it back in some form, but it's not really continuing the real series as far as I can tell so there's little reason to get invested in it.

Teen Titans was fine. I enjoyed it. YJ is just better.

Top Bottom