• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Probably fake, Nightwing does not wear that suit.

Actually that's his first version of the Nightwing costume which was a ode to his father who wore something similar.

Given that 5 years already went by and a lot of shit seems to have happened in that time frame, this could be plausible.

We'll see though

Avixph

Actually that's his first version of the Nightwing costume which was a ode to his father who wore something similar.

Given that 5 years already went by and a lot of shit seems to have happened in that time frame, this could be plausible.

We'll see though

I know that's one of his suits in the comics, but as I said before the way it looks does not not match the aesthetics of show.

I know that's one of his suits in the comics, but as I said before the way it looks does not not match the aesthetics of show.

Your talking about a show where people were all sorts of shit or as Superboy calls it "monkey suits" or wear some normal clothing as passes it off as a costume (Wondergirl).

If you want to go on that road its basically a stylized acrobatics uniform since it was supposedly based on Superman's story and Dicks father and its not that out of the ordinary tbh.

What i will say though is that the suit doesn't fit the style Dick is known for given the influence of Batman would still be (use of stealth, gadgets, protection, etc) in him, even though he's no longer the "boy wonder". I would chalk it up to being new at the "new identity" thing.

This could be fake as said but i don't see the suit being "out of place" as the a reason given what they can work with.

Look what one of the animators posted on his Tumblr:
http://thataintmytumblr.tumblr.com/post/25213883045/here-we-go-again

FUTURE SPOILER

Not sure if Starfire or dressed up Miss Martian. Though considering Starfire was always known for her busty figure, it's probably her. The lighting just makes her skin look green.

"Flashback" costume + Kroloteans
doesn't seem to mesh. I'd imagine he's re-purposing show assets and mixing them with fan art as a troll (or fan service, depending on intent)

Mononofu

I'd imagine he's re-purposing show assets and mixing them with fan art as a troll (or fan service, depending on intent)

2413462-paintover.png

Yep. Bestostero over on Comic Vine put this one to bed. In other news a fan run YJ Facebook page is reporting Sept 29th is the date the show will return from hiatus.

For DY:

428439_475307165828849_1601530032_n.jpg

I am the opposite of your opposite.

DC has always been more appealing to me. I can't put my finger on why but maybe I just a more mature vibe from the comics/cartoons over the years.

Marvel comics are tailor-made for teen angst.

"Why are things so HARD for me!"
"I'm DIFFERENT!"
blah blah blah

There's a reason more Marvel characters are highschool age. In DC characters that age are typically only around to get mentored.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

"I'm DIFFERENT!"
blah blah blah

There's a reason more Marvel characters are highschool age. In DC characters that age are typically only around to get mentored.

you joking? dc has had more teens die than marvel has had teen teams.

Parallax

The world isn't really built around them though. Look at the tentpole franchises. X-Men and Spiderman vs. Batman and Superman. The teen drama angle just isn't as heavily emphasized in DC.

the world isnt tiered around the xmen. they might as well live in an alternate universe since they dont cross. and even focusing on the xmen, the adults almost always take center stage spider man hasnt been a kid in a long time in comics. the only time we see a younger take is a tv show or the ultimate universe. and teen drama in dc is as emphasized as it in marvel.

Nesotenso

I am the opposite of your opposite.

DC has always been more appealing to me. I can't put my finger on why but maybe I just a more mature vibe from the comics/cartoons over the years.

mature comics in what sense ? is this about violence /sex ? things for which the new 52 gets criticized for ?

Nesotenso

"I'm DIFFERENT!"
blah blah blah

dumb statement. The fact that Marvel differentiates itself by concentrating on the human aspect of their characters doesn't make it teen angst. As far as the legacy, sidekick bullshit and multiple people with the same alias DC can have all that nonsense. One of the reasons Marvel is more appealing.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Marvel's universe is way more depressing than DC's, I find.

Huh really? Could you elaborate? I guess I can see what you mean, but then there's Kingdom Come and The Dark Knight Returns... although I guess those aren't in the DC universe proper.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
dumb statement. The fact that Marvel differentiates itself by concentrating on the human aspect of their characters doesn't make it teen angst. As far as the legacy, sidekick bullshit and multiple people with the same alias DC can have all that nonsense. One of the reasons Marvel is more appealing.

Actually for me that makes me feel Marvel so predictable. Oh boy, superhero angst. Superhero angst in a world of superhumans where most of them can be solved by superpowers (hahahaha Aunt May's death) and other bullshit.

For me, DC appeals to me, especially prior to their reboot, is that they do not need to do angst in order to be good. For instance, that Johns run of JSA is really good because of the character interactions.

Huh really? Could you elaborate? I guess I can see what you mean, but then there's Kingdom Come and The Dark Knight Returns... although I guess those aren't in the DC universe proper.

In marvel the citizens are dumb and mean in contrast to DC or hell, other fiction. People argue it's "realistic", but I thought it's just being cynical.

BY2K

Membero Americo
In other news a fan run YJ Facebook page is reporting Sept 29th is the date the show will return from hiatus.

Aw c'mon!

Sure it will be nice to have Young Justice and The Walking Dead close to each other, but c'mon! 3 months is pushing it!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
In marvel the citizens are dumb and mean in contrast to DC or hell, other fiction. People argue it's "realistic", but I thought it's just being cynical.

Watchmen? :p

Although maybe Alan Moore's stuff should be ignored...

Although I do agree, especially Morrison's writing -- it seems to inspire hope and confidence in the idea of superheroes instead of just tearing it down constantly.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The blob is eating the wasp.

Thanks - sry, I'm completely ignorant outside of TV/Movie adaptations.

I'd love to get up to date on some stuff but I don't really know the best way to go about these things digitally.

Parallax

Was Loeb's writing always like this, or did his son's death push him over the edge?

He wasn't as bad. He created one of my favorite characters. But yeah, his death hit him hard, and he translates that into his work. It seems like that's what happened with ultimatum. And of course the new nova.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Thanks - sry, I'm completely ignorant outside of TV/Movie adaptations.

I'd love to get up to date on some stuff but I don't really know the best way to go about these things digitally.

comixology.com

Has apps for the web (Flash), iOS, Android, Kindle Fire. I believe both DC and Marvel do same-day simultaneous print and digital releases now, and I know some of DC's things sometimes are "digital first."

New 52 makes it really easy to get into the DC stuff. All the series only have like 9 or 10 issues released so far, so that's all you have to read before being fully caught up on the ongoing stuff. I marathoned Batman and Batman & Robin the other day (awesome stuff), tonight I'm catching up on Nightwing, and I plan to catch up on Catwoman/Red Hood/Detective Comics soon too.

New age of comics is so fricking awesome.

Jintor

Haha Marvel never did a major crossover based on rape, DC has.

Yeah, that shit was fucked up. But it seems overwhelmingly Marvel likes to make everybody be racists or violent hoods or whatever. It's like the entire world is Gotham's most depressing bits (i.e. all of it)

ReiGun

Having read quite a bit of both Marvel and DC since getting into comics, I can honestly say I don't see much difference between the two quality wise (in comics at least). I suppose there are some nuances that make people choose one over the other, but overall, they're about on par as far as I'm concerned.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Thinking of doing a DC Nation |OT|. Would anyone have a problem with that? Suggestions?

Parallax

Having read quite a bit of both Marvel and DC since getting into comics, I can honestly say I don't see much difference between the two quality wise (in comics at least). I suppose there are some nuances that make people choose one over the other, but overall, they're about on par as far as I'm concerned.

pretty much.

Boss Doggie

Watchmen? :p

Although maybe Alan Moore's stuff should be ignored...

Although I do agree, especially Morrison's writing -- it seems to inspire hope and confidence in the idea of superheroes instead of just tearing it down constantly.

I really wouldn't consider Vertigo stuff "part" of the DC verse despite being owned by DC. I think the only two entities that have appeared in DC from Vertigo are Sandman and Swamp Thing.

And Morrison is awesome. His runs in DC are one of the best reads.

But if you really want quality writing from a comic book/graphic novel, it is recommended to read outside of DC/Marvel. Blacksad is a prime example.

Decado

The art style and animation quality of Young Justice is insane (8 eps into 1st season). I really wish Marvel shows could reach that level. I honestly didn't think I'd care for Young Justice, and while the kids can be a bit annoying and the violence is PG (wasn't expecting anything better), so far everything has been handled very well.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It gets even better, especially season two. The first part of season one is kinda boring and not really typical of the series.

Boss Doggie

Oh right, what ever happened to the other school friends of Megann and Conner? Three of them became superheroes and one is a superhero in the comic, but what about the rest?

Oh right, what ever happened to the other school friends of Megann and Conner? Three of them became superheroes and one is a superhero in the comic, but what about the rest?

Seems like that should about cover it...how many (developed) friends did they have, really? I can't remember.

The kids who went to Happy Harbor High School with Megan and Conner were:

Mal Duncan- Operations Manager for the Team. In the comics, he has been a superhero under the names Herald, Hornblower, Vox and Guardian.

Karen Beecher- Bumblebee. Member of the Team.

Wendy Harris, Marvin White - Super Friends characters later replaced by the Wonder Twins. No role outside the school on YJ.

Lucas "Snapper" Carr (Teacher)- seen at Mount Justice tutoring Beast Boy.

As for the kids who went to Gotham Academy with Artemis and Robin:

Barbara Gordon - Batgirl

Bette Kane- Golden Age Bat Girl, Flamebird, sidekick to Batwoman. Only used on YJ as a civilian in season 1.

Mononofu

Someone recorded 15 minutes of the YJ Denver comic con panel. Search "Young justice dcc panel" on YouTube and beware the audio is quality is garbage.

Top Bottom