• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Raxus

Great way to kick off a new batch of episodes. Loved the fight scene with Mercy and the Jason Todd nod.

Not sure why Speedy is so quick to trust the guy that screwed him over though. That arm's gotta be rigged in some way.

Speedy is kinda cray cray. Look at the bright side. No drugs or dead cats were needed this time.

KillGore

This series is amazing, I'm praying CN doesn't cancel it. Why do they cancel good shows? :( is it because the production value is too high or something?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DC seems to be in control of DC Nation and the shows on that block, and I don't think they'd cancel their flagship series. Sure, Beware the Batman will likely take that crown, but I have a feeling it'll be less marketable than YJ.

Jintor

Speedy is kinda cray cray. Look at the bright side. No drugs or dead cats were needed this time.

gravity-falls-fight-fighters-why-you-ackin-so-cray-cray-title-1280x914.png

KillGore

There's also the new Teen Titans show to potentially replace it.

lol no

Teen Titans Go! focuses on the "funny business" that happens between the Teen Titans when not saving the world and when living together as teenagers without adult supervision. The Teen Titans must deal with horrific situations such as teenage pranks reaching a whole new level, or having to take Driver’s Ed after wrecking the Batmobile on a joyride to impress a girl.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, TT Go is a much needed comedy show for the block. But since the block itself is action oriented, I can't see it being held too prominently.

Yeah it's dumb. I'm getting sick of this thing where people accept things without thinking about the risks. Superboy did the SAME THING!

Meh, at least Conner had the sense to be suspicious and was kinda self-aware about what the patches could be doing to him.

Speaking of Conner(well, more MM, but still), I almost laughed out loud at M'gann rationalizing away her guilt about his birthday: "I don't have time for parties... HEY GIRLFRIEND!" -has party-

Hey, network execs tend to run on cray cray logic. I wouldn't be surprised if they thought of the two shows as being redundant just because they both have teams with young membes, despite having drastically different tones. Besides that, Beware the Batman and Green Lantern will both be their serious shows, and if Young Justice has the weakest toy sales they can justify dropping it in favor of a comedy show that brings variety to the block. Also Young Justice isn't a shiny CG show, I'm sure the thought process would be "kids love that CG shit - guaranteed money! Kids won't go for serious cel animated cartoons anyways, 2D is for babies."

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Meh, at least Conner had the sense to be suspicious and was kinda self-aware about what the patches could be doing to him.

Speaking of Conner(well, more MM, but still), I almost laughed out loud at M'gann rationalizing away her guilt about his birthday: "I don't have time for parties... HEY GIRLFRIEND!" -has party-

Thought the exact same shit. She doesn't really seem to be all that broken up about lagaan. Hell none of them seemed too. It didn't seem in bad taste to have a bridal shower while one of your own goes missing?

Thought the exact same shit. She doesn't really seem to be all that broken up about lagaan. Hell none of them seemed too. It didn't seem in bad taste to have a bridal shower while one of your own goes missing?

And another just "died" LOL (though to be fair she got mentioned).

Still annoyed at the bullshit MM pulled with SB though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder if we'll eventually see Wonderdog lol

The blue beetle didn't work with ted anyway. He could still be around in some way.

And ookami, they've "offed" ted differently in the brave and the bold, so I'm sure they could come up with something else.

Hmm I don't remember much about BatB's ep, but I guess he died without a killer there huh?

No, I mean if it was the titans comics, with the large young justice population, half or more of them would be dead.

I understood what you meant but i just jumped to your point of TT being more grim and wished that was just like the animated series.

sorry about that though

Didn't they wipe out an entire branch of Titans at one point in the comics?

I guess so but i didn't read teen titans comics until the young justice characters started to show up on the team and even then that had some moments.

Busaiku

Wait, Teen Titans Go is gonna be a full 30 minute thing?
And DC Nation is finally more than just Young Justice and Green Lantern?!

Jintor

The Young Justice comics are pretty good, probably because Superboy was in the 'lol I'm pervy superboy' stage of his life (him hanging out with Cass Cain was the best) and Impulse was Impulse

Parallax

The Young Justice comics are pretty good, probably because Superboy was in the 'lol I'm pervy superboy' stage of his life (him hanging out with Cass Cain was the best) and Impulse was Impulse

It was a fun comic. Everyone was fun in that comic. And the best version of lagoon boy. I kinda wish slobo and emp were more permanent.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Solid episode, the parking garage fight was awesome. This is one of the better animated shows out there.

Although the B plot with the girls at the bridal shower was really odd. It should have just ended with the touching toast to Artemis, the rest of it was completely unnecessary.

Parallax

Solid episode, the parking garage fight was awesome. This is one of the better animated shows out there.

Although the B plot with the girls at the bridal shower was really odd. It should have just ended with the touching toast to Artemis, the rest of it was completely unnecessary.

It should have started and ended there. The zatanna and mgann stuff was odd too.

Pretty sure Ted Kord is dead, Blue Beetle wouldn't have chosen another "host" otherwise...

Kord was boring. No one was a BB stan until his brain got air conditioned.

no people liked the character, the problem was DC callous disregard for the fans. it led to good stories but death is always the cheapest way to reach good stories.

That's the impression I always got. Whenever I hear folk talk about Ted, it's mostly just talking about how cool he was with Booster.

Seems like folk just hating on Jaime.

nobody hates Jaime but they shouldn't make a new character at the expense of another stablished one.

That whole thing was/is a prime example of why I hate reading actual DC comics. Things are okay until BS like that happens out of nowhere. That kind of crap seems like it happens all the time too. Sicking.

ugh, whatever. 'cause marvel is so mature...

It should have started and ended there. The zatanna and mgann stuff was odd too.

I actually liked them showing the ice dude having a completely shitty day due to horrible timing/coincidence. LOL

Could have remove the Zatanna/Mgann part since that was garbage.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

It felt like they were creating a couple scenes just so we didn't forget about those characters. I guess the point was to show their reactions to the death of Artemis...but the Captain Cold gag felt really tacked on.

Parallax

Could have remove the Zatanna/Mgann part since that was garbage.

It felt like they were creating a couple scenes just so we didn't forget about those characters. I guess the point was to show their reactions to the death of Artemis...but the Captain Cold gag felt really tacked on.

It really seems like the writers are making mgann colder
in order to transition her to turn into a full fledged white martian. This whole season has made her seem unusually cold in comparison to how she was in season 1. And her psychic manipulation of villains, and then superboy seems really out of character. And the superboy thing has me wondering the most. She was willing to fix the memories of someone who she knew thought of her as his whole world, so how far would she go? Would she manipulate a merman in a hope to make kon jealous? She doesn't seem all that worried that lagaan is gone, instead she worries about kon. Again. If wendy and kon become an item, and she finds out, she's gonna lose her mind. And with her skill set, she can do just about anything, to impersonating wendy, to mindwiping wendy to leave kon. It makes me wonder how many white martians are left.

in order to transition her to turn into a full fledged white martian. This whole season has made her seem unusually cold in comparison to how she was in season 1. And her psychic manipulation of villains, and then superboy seems really out of character. And the superboy thing has me wondering the most. She was willing to fix the memories of someone who she knew thought of her as his whole world, so how far would she go? Would she manipulate a merman in a hope to make kon jealous? She doesn't seem all that worried that lagaan is gone, instead she worries about kon. Again. If wendy and kon become an item, and she finds out, she's gonna lose her mind. And with her skill set, she can do just about anything, to impersonating wendy, to mindwiping wendy to leave kon. It makes me wonder how many white martians are left.

if they follow strict DC timeline, there are about
77 white martians. with the pwoer to level mountains

Parallax

if they follow strict DC timeline, there are about
77 white martians. with the pwoer to level mountains

They aren't going strictly by comics. Gars origin is completely different for one. More white martians would be a ripe chance for my boy to appear though...

Effect

ugh, whatever. 'cause marvel is so mature...

Did I say anything about Marvel? However I don't find a high and bloody body count to be a sign of "mature" storytelling. Especially since it's done for pure shock value. Perhaps I had bad luck in regard to the titles I read, characters I ended up liking and at the time I read but that's the impression I have.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
god i love her

Tizoc

I just wanna know one thing: Who in their right mind would trust Lex Luthor?
Otherwise brilliant ep.
...and there are times when I feel bad for poor Jason lol.

Top Bottom