• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Raxus

Angry wally is best wally. This might make him get off his ass and take initiative.

I really look forward to the moment
he surpasses his mentor.
I am shocked they actually went through with destroying Mount Justice. Balls of steel DC. Balls. of. steel.

How exactly did Mal get on the team? While his abilities to move small rocks and splash water on people's faces are invaluable, he doesn't seem to have his horn or any other abilities. Did Bumblebee put in a good word for him when they needed someone for monitor duty? Was it just because he went to school with Conner and M'gann?

I was just wondering this. They haven't shown him doing anything useful. I guess it will come together later...

As for the episode that last scene with Nightwing and wally was great. I also feel like the plan will end up going to shit. I just hope its not because the light "planned" for it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
It's ironic that Impulse came back to prevent Mt. Justice from blowing up and then inadvertently caused it to. He sounded pretty devastated about it too.

Oh crap, I just realized that's why the future didn't changed at the end of that episode. It never was Neutron that blew up the cave!

SykoTech

Damn, Kaldur don't play. Can't blame Wally for feeling a little suspicious. He's certainly one hell of an actor. I hope KF starts acting on his own to check up on Artemis.

Nightwing also seems to be getting a bit out of touch. "I'm sorry you lost your souvenirs".....really? I can definitely see him getting shaken up a bit in the future. Maybe Kaldur will start making moves without running it by Dick first. Technically, he already did with Lagoon Boy's capture, but he had a good reason for that of course. Not like anyone gives a shit about Lagoon Boy anyway.

Also, Artemis' (Tigress') hair was blond during one shot. Guess it was just an error.

Damn, Kaldur don't play. Can't blame Wally for feeling a little suspicious. He's certainly one hell of an actor. I hope KF starts acting on his own to check up on Artemis.

Nightwing also seems to be getting a bit out of touch. "I'm sorry you lost your souvenirs".....really? I can definitely see him getting shaken up a bit in the future. Maybe Kaldur will start making moves without running it by Dick first. Technically, he already did with Lagoon Boy's capture, but he had a good reason for that of course. Not like anyone gives a shit about Lagoon Boy anyway.

Also, Artemis' (Tigress') hair was blond during one shot. Guess it was just an error.

I think the gem that disguises her allows others in on the plan to see her as she really is. I believe they just threw it in as an extra 'trust Kaldur' moment (as he's one of them).

SykoTech

I think that was deliberate to show that she was "dropping the act" for a sec when she wondered about destroying Mount Justice.

You're probably right. It did happen at quite an important moment. I'll need to watch the scene again.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I completely forgot about how the gem she's wearing works while the show was on break. Thanks H.Protagonist.

Slayven

998667-walter.jpg

998665-darkflash.jpg

The Flash vol. 2, #150–159 (1999–2000) introduces a version of Wally named "Walter West", also known as the Dark Flash, who appeared in the main DC universe after Wally and Linda were apparently killed in a fight with Abra Kadabra after he tried to dispose of Linda by sending her into Walter's reality, prompting Walter to travel back to Wally's world to take his place in recognition of his other self's sacrifice. This version of Wally is revealed to be an older, scarred, more powerful and experienced version from another reality within Hypertime (Although he only revealed his true identity to Jay Garrick, Donna Troy and Superman so that he could work with their various teams). It is revealed that this version of Wally was unable to save Linda from death at Kobra's hands. This made Walter a darker hero similar to Batman in The Dark Knight Returns storyline. After Walter's presence in the main DC Universe starts to cause other realities in Hypertime to bleed over into the main one, Superman and Wonder Woman force Walter to transverse Hypertime and return home. Although he leaves the main DC Universe, he appears to never make it back to his own reality. He seems to go from reality to reality with no success. After Hypertime was abandoned by DC, Walter West's continued existence becomes unclear. [30] Dark Flash/Walter West appears as an alternate costume for Flash in the video game Justice League Heroes. [31]

Effect

I think that was deliberate to show that she was "dropping the act" for a sec when she wondered about destroying Mount Justice.

Can't Aqualad, Nightwing, and Kid Flash see what she really looks like. So perhaps that was from Kal's point of view as he was looking at her I believe.

Aqualad always seemed to give 110%. So not crazy he would give it his all when going undercover and pretending. He's one of the oldest and was always the most mature. I'm pretty sure he's looking at the big picture here and I think that might be a problem as that seems to be Nightwing's problem at as well. Both of them need to be called on that and hopfully Artemis and KF can do that.

Part of me thinks that Aqualad at least might have enjoyed blowing up the cave. He was looking at the statue of his ex-girlfriend while there. While he wanted the others to get out I think that could be we he also felt no problem destroying it. KF could be partly right. I don't think he's playing them but at the same time I don't think he's okay with her death or that he was lied to about his father. If all works out in the end there still needs to be a honest sit down about those things.

That episode.
And what was the deal with when Aqualad first entered the cave and Sphere showed up?
He put his hand on Sphere who then seemed to just roll away and not raise any alarms.

So it seems that Sphere trusts Aqualad, and if an alien artifact that can transform into a motorbike trusts Aqualad then so do I.

That episode.
And what was the deal with when Aqualad first entered the cave and Sphere showed up?
He put his hand on Sphere who then seemed to just roll away and not raise any alarms.

So it seems that Sphere trusts Aqualad, and if an alien artifact that can transform into a motorbike trusts Aqualad then so do I.

I think Sphere and Wolf are in on the plan.
Sphere just rolled away after seeing Aqualad.
Wolf woke up, smelt Artemis's scent, and went back to sleep.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
God, this show is amazing, I'll fuck up CN if they cancel it.

I hate to break it to ya...but cartoons these days don't last more than 2 seasons. I could see this going for a 3rd if this Invasion isn't stupid.

I still don't know why it's still called "Invasion" Didn't all the pizza monsters die? I haven't seen one in 6 episodes.

Where the fuck did Captain Marvel go anyway? If I remember correctly, only a few members of the Justice League went off to the Space Pen. Green Arrow was just in the last episode. You'd think if a big criminal organization plot is going on, you'd want the vets in there.

I hate to break it to ya...but cartoons these days don't last more than 2 seasons. I could see this going for a 3rd if this Invasion isn't stupid.

I still don't know why it's still called "Invasion" Didn't all the pizza monsters die? I haven't seen one in 6 episodes.

Where the fuck did Captain Marvel go anyway? If I remember correctly, only a few members of the Justice League went off to the Space Pen. Green Arrow was just in the last episode. You'd think if a big criminal organization plot is going on, you'd want the vets in there.

There might be another reason for the name given an upcoming episode and an eventual spoiler, but that's if it actually plays out.

And to be fair to the league their main members are in deep shit with that trial and the others are being kept a close eye on (IIRC Captain Atom alluded to such hence why YJ are basically at the forefront)

I don't know with CN. how many seasons have shows like Ben 10, Clone Wars, Total Drama, Johnny test gotten?
but with what they did to Mystery Incorporated they shouldn't be trusted.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I really hope the climax won't be rushed or terrible, there's just so much set-ups that must be tied up properly without half-assing it.

I noticed this season is called invasion but there's been very little in the episodes in reference to the subtitle apart from the first couple of episodes. is it referring to the lights partner?

anyway, this series has been great so far although I'd be lying if I said I want to lagaan or lagoon boy back. very annoying character. impulse and the blue beetle are great though, we need of them on screen.

abundant

I don't know with CN. how many seasons have shows like Ben 10, Clone Wars, Total Drama, Johnny test gotten?
but with what they did to Mystery Incorporated they shouldn't be trusted.

DC animated shows usually go for 50 to 65 episodes, that means one more season for YJ if it follows that path.

My theory on Kaldur right now is that he's not loyal to Manta or the Light, but his motivation is revenge for Tula's death. His single-minded focus on vengeance is driving him to make unnecessary sacrifices and risks to the plan. Wally bringing up her death probably has some significance.

ReiGun

Kaldur did stop for a moment in the grotto to stare at Tula's hologram. He really is not over it and could very well be trying to take down YJ and the Light. Misguided as that is.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Kaldur did stop for a moment in the grotto to stare at Tula's hologram. He really is not over it and could very well be trying to take down YJ and the Light. Misguided as that is.

I like this theory best.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Then again they could surprise us, remember the second to the last episode of season 1? They actually tried to confront the "holds" of the Light members.

Mononofu

I noticed this season is called invasion but there's been very little in the episodes in reference to the subtitle apart from the first couple of episodes. is it referring to the lights partner?

anyway, this series has been great so far although I'd be lying if I said I want to lagaan or lagoon boy back. very annoying character. impulse and the blue beetle are great though, we need of them on screen.

No Greg said eight or nine alien races are going to invade earth over the course of the season.

Toy line canceled brah.

I wonder if this is part of the reason why the show is failing?

Then again, do kids really play with toys anymore or is it all ipads and video games now?

Just started watching this show. First episode in progress.

Don't fail me WB.

It will be quite a miracle if they can make me give a shit about a series full of lame ass sidekicks. :D

Danny Trejo is the voice of Bane?! He's a shitty character, but Danny Trejo instantly makes anything better.

Arnold Vosloo as Kobra?! YESSSS!

Warner Brothers animation destroys with voice casting!

I hope Lance Henriksen and Ron Perlman show up at some point. :3

Slayven

They are actually remixing an old crossover, sadly the way they are doing it lives out some of the cooler moments.
VyWy3.jpg
[/IMG]

EulaCapra

The toy line got canceled? Bwah???

Also, don't wanna look it up through my phone, but is Young Justice's Bumblebee the same voice actress for Teen Titan's Bumblebee?

Kabuto

I knew I recognized Impulse's voice actor from somewhere but I didn't know it was frickin KOVU from Lion King 2 and GEAR from Static Shock. Mind blown

dang-it I was gonna say this. :mad:

Wahey! :D So does this mean you trust Kaldur? I say given Sphere's reaction + that little subtle nod, my money's on Kaldur staying legit. No triple agent agenda. Just an emotionally messed up good guy that probably feels his life is worth risking since he lost his lady. Hope the plan doesn't go to shit (though it probably will), but I'm not worried about Aqualad keeping up his end of the bargain.

ReiGun

I hope Aquaman shows up again. I've always thought this show needed more from the JL, and with one of his sidekicks captured and another a traitor, dude should step in more in the story. I also hope Green Arrow sticks around more as well.

suaveric

I know it's not been officially cancelled, but by now I think there would have been a order for a new season. I'm pretty sure they got the order for season 2 while season 1 was still wrapping up production. Season 2's production is mostly done by now I believe. I hope I'm wrong and we get another season. This has been the best DC cartoon on since JLU.

Top Bottom