• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Did I say anything about Marvel? However I don't find a high and bloody body count to be a sign of "mature" storytelling. Especially since it's done for pure shock value. Perhaps I had bad luck in regard to the titles I read, characters I ended up liking and at the time I read but that's the impression I have.

DC has a long(and sometimes messy) history. when Wendy and what's his face were reintroduced in DC comics proper it actually made likable characters at least to some but it didn't ruin anything. it sure didn't make DC lame or stupid which is what Marvel fans always like to spew. you make these assumptions once you've seen them vomited a million times before. sorry 'bout that.

So obviously that talk about Jaime not having a mentor means Booster Gold's going to swoop in.

YES!

Holy fuck these brahs need to get outside their house if they don't like Lagoon Boy. I can't believe this is even an issue.

Dude is an annoying douchebag that doesn't bring much value to the team right now (and thats without the Miss Martian thing which i assume the shippers will harp on LOL). Should be interesting to see how that is dealt with.

Superboy was kinda in the same boat and he seemed to turn out alright so i think they can do it again.

And it sounds like shit is gonna get fucking real with each passing episode.

Dude is an annoying douchebag that doesn't bring much value to the team right now (and thats without the Miss Martian thing which i assume the shippers will harp on LOL). Should be interesting to see how that is dealt with.

Superboy was kinda in the same boat and he seemed to turn out alright so i think they can do it again.

And it sounds like shit is gonna get fucking real with each passing episode.
Maybe I'm just crazy, but I find Superboy, miss Martian and Artemis absolutely deplorable.

Ezalc

Holy fuck these brahs need to get outside their house if they don't like Lagoon Boy. I can't believe this is even an issue.
He's really fucking annoying. NEPTUNE'S BEARD OOOH ARRRR gotta show everybody how badass I am!

I'm glad he got kidnapped, fuck him.

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I find Superboy, miss Martian and Artemis absolutely deplorable.

Superboy was annoying in S1 he's less of it now. MM went the opposite route she was less annoying before even with all the HELLO MEGANs than she is now being a psycho. As for Artemis, I've never been a fan of her either but she's not that bad.

Superboy in S1 was near there but he started to mellow out and is alright in season 2 (other from the breakup stuff)

Miss Martian seemed too "bubbly" in season one but has now regressed in Season 2 due to the bullshit she pulled on SB and is still doing.

The one time i was really annoyed with Artemis was when she and Robin had to take out Red tornado's siblings and even robin basically told her to shut the fuck up and man the fuck up. After she basically did in the ep she was alright to me but her voice can seem really grating imo and it played a part in the scenario i mentioned above.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Artemis was annoying at first because of her whole "WOE IS ME AND MY TRAGIC/SECRET BACKSTORY" but once everything came out in the open she turned into a pretty cool character.

Slayven

Kid Flash better be worried.

tumblr_m2l2byLWut1qditibo1_r1_400.png

tumblr_m3o5e2DWmN1r2b2wf.jpg

Effect

I'm still very worried this is going to end very badly for Aqualad. :( Forget about getting back any kind of trust. In the end I think Kal is going to end up dead (killed by the Light's partner or get to that point with Black Manta giving his life) or just alone with maybe only Nightwing as his friend. I don't see Dick and Wally's friendship lasting even if things turn out well with Artemis. I see Nightwing being kicked off the team as well, even if this turns out well in the end. This plan is going to go south. The only good thing is that it might be coming to a close very soon given how this episode ended. This whole thing is being dragged out to long.

How important are the comics to the show? Are they suppose to officially fill in the gaps? Or it's own thing?

Slayven

I agree, this light shit had dragged on and on. They got the character stuff right. But overall plot sucks ass. Wrap it up B

MartyStu

At best, I see someone else leading the team and Aqualad just leaving for the remainder of the season.
At worse, one of the hostages will die and Aqualad will either get brainwashed or he will have been a triple agent all along.

It WOULD be nice if this ordeal actually yielded some dividends though. By which I mean actually putting the hurt on the reach and the light.

Haven't watch this yet but it sounds like this "plan" is getting worse.

Once again who thought this was a fucking good idea? is Nightwing that fucking retarded? why is that 2 powerful members of the 6 are left in fucking dark about this?

I hope for everyone sake their goal is met soon since everyone is in deep shit due to this.

Gartooth

Wow shit is getting real. Nightwing is a huge moron, gambling everything for his plan to work and there is no alternative if the plan fails.
3 of his team members were captured, their base of operations was destroyed, and the resulting impact of the explosion almost finished off him and Superboy if Mal hadn't come to the rescue.

equap

Banned
Wow shit is getting real. Nightwing is a huge moron, gambling everything for his plan to work and there is no alternative if the plan fails.
3 of his team members were captured, their base of operations was destroyed, and the resulting impact of the explosion almost finished off him and Superboy if Mal hadn't come to the rescue.
everything is going according to plan.

Mononofu

Didn't see that coming.

No the souvenirs!!!

This show is trying to juggle a crazy amount of stories/plot threads and I love every minute of it.

So far we've got

In coming Alien invasion.
JL on Trial
The Light's behind the scenes shenanigans #wining
Arsenal
Jade vs Aqualad
Sports Master vs Black Manta
Aqualad triple agent???
Artemis undercover as Tigress
Rocket's wedding
"Partner" AKA Black Beetle
The kidnapped kids

Wow.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Angry wally is best wally. This might make him get off his ass and take initiative.

Milabrega

This episode was excellent. Loved Beast Boy watching the hello Megan show, made him into a character you can really sympathize with.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Why can't their live action efforts come even close to this?
Because Warner Brothers is so goddamned stupid that they keep trying to pull in random jokers from outside to put a Justice League film together and get that Avengers money, instead of trying to pull some ideas from dudes who have been putting out quality JL adaptations for like 15 years now.

Flash

this show is so damn good...

and you could tell the way nightwing acted with kid flash he's already thought about aqualad being a triple agent. I think him continuing this plan just goes to show how desperate he is.

In the end I'm betting the plan will work and Aqualad's help will be key to all of it. But there will definitely be some consequences to all of this.

My predictions:
- Aqualad and Nightwing will be the unsung heroes. Nightwing will be kicked of YJ for putting everyone's lives at risk on multiple occasions. But we'll all know without him they would have been fucked and we'll get a scene where Batman recognizes/applauds his heroics and sacrifices. The animosity between Aqualad and the rest of the league won't ever go away - they'll always see him as a traitor.
- Artemis will remain a villain and so Wally will never forgive Dick.
- One of the league members will end up dead... maybe Lagoon Boy or Impulse?

BY2K

Membero Americo
The plan was madness from the start. So many variables, so many things that can (and did) go wrong.

And Batman would probably slap Nightwing around for coming up with something like that.

How exactly did Mal get on the team? While his abilities to move small rocks and splash water on people's faces are invaluable, he doesn't seem to have his horn or any other abilities. Did Bumblebee put in a good word for him when they needed someone for monitor duty? Was it just because he went to school with Conner and M'gann?

MisterHero

Between this season of Young Justice and the [thankfully concluded] Secret Invasion arc of Avengers, I'm kinda annoyed with half the casts in both shows operating without a clue. :p

Throw some B-plots in there or something

It's ironic that Impulse came back to prevent Mt. Justice from blowing up and then inadvertently caused it to. He sounded pretty devastated about it too.

Top Bottom