• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Wahey! :D So does this mean you trust Kaldur? I say given Sphere's reaction + that little subtle nod, my money's on Kaldur staying legit. No triple agent agenda. Just an emotionally messed up good guy that probably feels his life is worth risking since he lost his lady. Hope the plan doesn't go to shit (though it probably will), but I'm not worried about Aqualad keeping up his end of the bargain.

Yep, and this is exactly what I was thinking.

More than that though, I think it would be much easier to sell the triple agent story if he was a lone wolf. Bringing Artemis under his wing really complicates things. If Kaldur is really a bad dude, then things are going to get really messy and a tad convoluted (though definitely interesting) and it seems the writers like to keep us aware (the sphere and artemis' face). I mean, they killed Artemis and the next week told us it really didn't happen. I know it's a kids show, but they may have been able to sit on that info for one or two episodes.

I really think you're on point with that last sentence. I think the show probably will start making us worry for Kaldur's/Artemis' safety. Perhaps Wally will unintentionally blow or almost blow their cover trying to convince her from what he see's as a really dangerous situation.

Effect

The honor of blowing their cover probably lies with Meagan.

She's my biggest fear regarding this entire plan. Especially with her destroying the minds of bad guys. When it was shown that Kaldur was undercover my original thought was that she'd attack him and destroy his mind because she wasn't in on the plan. Only for Nightwing and Kid Flash to arrive to late to stop her. I can still see it. He completes his plan but the ending battle is simply chaotic. During the process he's injured and she gets the drop on him and destroys his mind but only at the very end does she see that he was undercover but the damage is done. That is if he doesn't end up alone. They brought up what she was doing for a reason and it simply wasn't only to show that was why she and Superboy broke up. She hasn't had to face any consequences for her actions yet and her doing this to Aqualad would be the final straw.

That's really dark though for a kids show though. So I don't know if they're really willing to go that way just to put forward a "lesson".

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
She's my biggest fear regarding this entire plan. Especially with her destroying the minds of bad guys. When it was shown that Kaldur was undercover my original thought was that she'd attack him and destroy his mind because she wasn't in on the plan. Only for Nightwing and Kid Flash to arrive to late to stop her. I can still see it. He completes his plan but the ending battle is simply chaotic. During the process he's injured and she gets the drop on him and destroys his mind but only at the very end does she see that he was undercover but the damage is done. That is if he doesn't end up alone. They brought up what she was doing for a reason and it simply wasn't only to show that was why she and Superboy broke up. She hasn't had to face any consequences for her actions yet and her doing this to Aqualad would be the final straw.

That's really dark thought for a kids show though. So I don't know if they're really willing to go that way just to put forward a "lesson".

They never really showed why she changed though, they should tie that loose end.

Also I really hope the Light would actually be defeated this time - it's pretty weird because normally even this form of alliance the JL could take them down, but then again the writing is serving the purpose to highlight the Team.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I wouldn't be suprised if the white martians were one of the invading species and that megan was their double agent.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Megan WILL screw with Aqualad's mind or Tigress' (Artermis), they aren't setting this up only for the Megan x Superboy relationship.

Boss Doggie

Huh, I just realized that the male twin is bigger. When Connor mimicked him he was as big as Connor!

That's really dark though for a kids show though. So I don't know if they're really willing to go that way just to put forward a "lesson".

Pretty much my fear and another reason them apparently not being in on the plan is mind boggingly stupid. So unless Aqualad's got good magic skills to counter that then he might be in serious trouble, Tigress as well since she's helping him

I mean she saw her best friend die from a former member who is now officially a bad guy to her she will feel justified in doing it "because they are the bad guys". SB not being in on the plan stops him from getting off his fucking ass and stop her from continuning to do this shit.

Effect

Pretty much my fear and another reason them apparently not being in on the plan is mind boggingly stupid. So unless Aqualad's got good magic skills to counter that then he might be in serious trouble, Tigress as well since she's helping him

I mean she saw her best friend die from a former member who is now officially a bad guy to her she will feel justified in doing it "because they are the bad guys". SB not being in on the plan stops him from getting off his fucking ass and stop her from continuning to do this shit.

That's another problem as well. It looks like only Superboy knows she's doing that to people. I got the impression that he never told Nightwing and has just been keeping it between himself and Miss Martian.

Cwarrior

Oh shiiit am back, young justice time.

s02e08 "satisfaction"

The episode title says it all, Amazing episode couldn't have made a better Return.

-lololol sports master reason for coming after black manta made me chuckle out loud in real life
-speedy is frigin badass, fight was tense and exciting I didn't expect to be that good it bluw me away.

11/11

S02e09

This blue beetle is the best blue beetle out of all the tv ones(yeah two others), the dynamic between him and his suit is fun to watch, like how the suit just wants to go on overkill all the time and doesn't give damn.

The writes really know how spice it up another notch by throwing in the possibility of
agualad being a tipple agent bravo

Season 2 is such a huge improvement over s1.

That's another problem as well. It looks like only Superboy knows she's doing that people. I got the impression that he never told Nightwing and has just been keeping it between himself and Miss Martian.

Actually they both seem to confirm it in their talk but i'm just saying that as the salty viewer who is seeing how shit can hit the fan very quickly with this negligence.

Now i'm curious why Nightwing apparently didn't let them in on the plan.

Kreed

Actually they both seem to confirm it in their talk but i'm just saying that as the salty viewer who is seeing how shit can hit the fan very quickly with this negligence.

Now i'm curious why Nightwing apparently didn't let them in on the plan.

I came to this realization earlier in the thread, but Nightwing, Aqualad, and Kid Flash have a closer bond/friendship due to their past as sidekicks. Also from a story stand point, those three were the only three out of the original six that were "trustworthy" in Season 1 (Superboy, Artemis, and Miss Martian having alliances with villains last season) so the writers are just reversing it for Season 2.

That being said, I still feel like all the original six should have been in on the plan, but Miss Martian is just a problem no matter how you look at it. If she was in on the plan she would easily spill the beans about the plan in a random conversation with Beast Boy/X Member just because of how aloof she is. But on the other hand, Tigress is doomed to be mind wiped (I say Tigress vs Aqualad because the realization that she is Artemis will hurt Miss Martian way more than Aqualad not being a traitor, it will give Kid Flash a reason to hate Nightwing and Aqualad, and Superboy would have more objection to Tigress being mind wiped than Aqualad so he can more easily put Miss Martian on a guilt trip).

Boss Doggie

That's another problem as well. It looks like only Superboy knows she's doing that to people. I got the impression that he never told Nightwing and has just been keeping it between himself and Miss Martian.

I thought J'onn knows too.

Parallax

He probably does know, however he's not on earth at the moment.

mind probing sure, he was there for that, but i dont think thats the same as what connor was talking about. i dont think anyone outside those two know about the mind destroying.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Really lame how dumb and ineffectual they made Nightwing in this ep.

More Impulse is always good though. Seriously, he steals every fricking scene he's in.

There might be another reason for the name given an upcoming episode and an eventual spoiler, but that's if it actually plays out.

Darkseid? Darkseid.

If they tease that right at the end and don't get a third season, I'm going to go berserk.

LOL I thought he would put some extra bass in that voice for post time skip.

I think his voice is a much better fit for Nightwing than Robin. With Robin it was "Wtf? This ain't no kid."

Parallax

What about Beastboy, who has white Martian blood?

Why would he know anything? I doubt megan is telling him anything given how blissful he seemed watching his moms old vids, and seeing as how they are trying to keep their origins as close to the comics counterparts as possible, I'm sure shapeshifting is as far as his powers go, so reading minds is out.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I just realized. Why the hell are Nightwing and Wally having that conversation in the Hall of Justice? The place is probably full of cameras and it's never established Nightwing hacked them. What if that conversation was somehow part of the plan?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I thought Andrex was referring to Impulse who was awesome so I told him too bad because he was captured :p

I know, it sucks. :(

I just realized. Why the hell are Nightwing and Wally having that conversation in the Hall of Justice? The place is probably full of cameras and it's never established Nightwing hacked them. What if that conversation was somehow part of the plan?

I thought it was odd, but if that were true we'd be headlong into Death Note territory.

Mononofu

Ask Greg said:
YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION: EPISODE: 210: "Before the Dawn": Premieres!

YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION: EPISODE: 210: "Before the Dawn": Premieres: this Saturday, October 13th as part of Cartoon Network's DC Nation block. (It repeats Sunday too.) Check local listings for times.

Keep in mind, this tenth episode of Season Two was plotted before we knew if we'd get the second half of the season. Once we got that pick-up, we assumed this would be our hiatus episode. Instead, we took the break after 207 (which was a great and exciting stopping point, so no complaints). But nothing changed about our story in 210. This is a significant episode on every level: plot, character and LOTS of action. Don't miss it!
I'm posting this reminder a couple days early, because I'm leaving this afternoon to head up to Ashland, Oregon for the Shakespeare Festival. But believe me, my DVR is set to record both YJ and Green Lantern.

M'gann bout to initiate operation "Mind crush" on Aqualad. I really hope it doesn't go down like that btw...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
M'gann bout to initiate operation "Mind crush" on Aqualad. I really hope it doesn't go down like that btw...

ibtyJU3tc0YTFo.jpg

That is the word I have been getting, the DC Nation appears to have been pulled for at least two week with no warning and at the very last minute here.
What the fuck is this fucking CUNT.

I KNEW THESE FUCKING BRAHS AT CN WOULD DO THIS SHIT THEY ARE FUCKING CUNTS.

Top Bottom