• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Brickhunt

Honestly, I don't really know how the cartoon business works. My impression is that unless the show pulls really stellar ratings, like Legend of Korra, their income must come from the sales of toys and tie-in products. Greg Weisman said that he can't reveal how much a YJ episode cost, but I assume it's not cheap. And with a planned toyline cancelled (supposedly, the best source of income for a kid oriented network besides Ad segments), there is no point from a business perspective to continue producing the show if it's not going to generate enough income to compensate the loss of a source of income .

Also, any disagreement between a toy company and a network can also screw up a show. Supposedly, that's what happened with Transformers: Animated. One of the best shows ever made from the franchise, but the fallout between Hasbro and CN made the show end earlier than it should and ensured no DVD from Season 3 to come out. At least Hasbro had enough with CN's bullshit and created their own network. They have their own studios to produce their shows, this ensure they are safer from screw ups. Now we got Transformers Prime, that is great show, and Season 3 is already confirmed. Say what you want about Bayformers, but the money these movies made for Hasbro sure were put to good use.

Kreed

I won't jump to that conclusion just yet. DC and CN have a three year deal so even if YJ isnt renewed the remaining episodes should air. Right???

Besides Young Justice, CN also had Green Lantern and two more DC shows in the wings. I doubt CN cancelled all those shows.

Maybe the contract went out, CN didn't renew it... and they're moving the DC Nation block to The CW?

Warner Brothers owns CN and DC. Moving it to a network it only partially owns doesn't make any sense.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Warner Brothers owns CN and DC. Moving it to a network it only partially owns doesn't make any sense.

Neither does pulling a whole show block at the last minute with no explanation. They didn't even give cable providers the heads up in time to change their program guide/DVR settings.

What a bag of cunts. The entire handling of this show has been an unprofessional disaster. My DVR is currently recording How to Train Your Dragon, smh.

That toy line argument is weak. I just saw an ad for CN birthday bs at 11/10 central.

EDIT: Yep they are showing Dragons at 10 a.m. Damn it CN, I was so hyped :(

Green Lantern is not airing, replaced by the How to Train Your Dragon TV show.

We're boned.

Fuck you, CN.

While i am a huge fan of the How to Train your Dragon movie and so i'm interested in seeing the series i will say that's still massive horseshit :(

I wonder why the schedule suddenly changed and i'm not gonna acknowledge a cancellation yet until the final PR/note confirming that.

Kreed

Neither does pulling a whole show block at the last minute with no explanation. They didn't even give cable providers the heads up in time to change their program guide/DVR settings.

CN has done things like this before with shows (past and current). There have been instances where they were supposed to air a new episode of one of their shows and instead they aired a repeat at the last minute, showing the new episode at a later date (the TV guide still showing info for the new episode).

Still, this is the first time I've seen them do this to two shows at once/removing an entire block at the last minute. And there was no reason why they couldn't have just aired repeats instead of How To train Your Dragon. So I'm still confused by this whole thing, but not enough to call this a cancellation. Hopefully we get an explanation from one of the people behind the shows/at CN from twitter or a PR.

explodet

Wanna know how last minute was this?
These were posted around 11am, and was quickly pulled after they realized what they had done.
iboc5ObgfHaYDq.png

is9VvHhnjcWgk.png

CN apparently didn't tell their social media managers what they had done.
Or whoever was responsible was out getting a donut or something.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Holy shit!

CN what are you doing?! What are you doooooooing?!

While i am a huge fan of the How to Train your Dragon movie and so i'm interested in seeing the series i will say that's still massive horseshit :(

Actually the visual quality of the show is near to the movie, and the stories are very good that I'd really want to carry them to the films (e.g. Stoick
getting a dragon
).

While I love Dragons WHAT ARE YOU DOING CN? WHY DID YOU REMOVE DC NATION?!

Chairhome

I was going to be sad that I missed it, but I guess this is... better? My DVR was showing Dragons and I was mad, but I guess I didn't miss anything.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Cartoon Network deserves the hate cause they constantly out smart themselves by canceling shows without any good reason (thundercats, Symbionic Titan) but maybe this is due to this being their 20th anniversary month and they will come back in November.

Cartoon Network deserves the hate cause they constantly out smart themselves by canceling shows without any good reason (thundercats, Symbionic Titan) but maybe this is due to this being their 20th anniversary month and they will come back in November.

Would have been fine if they announced that instead of it being cancelled at the last second.

Raxus

They seem to be showing their classic shows when they have the down time. Instead they pull one of their few new episodes of television? CN, you so cray cray.

ezekial45

Banned
Man, this is so fucked up. As if DC Nation weren't on thin ice as it is. This is the worst thing possible.

I'm pretty thankful that CN and AS are under different managements. AS would be in trouble if it had the same folks from CN running it.

EDIT: Just read the above tweet. WHAT THE FLYING FUCK!

This is unacceptable. Was DC Nation doing that badly?

ezekial45

Banned
well-I-guess-thats-that-other-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1414.jpg

How much rope does AS have? It seems like they can do whatever the *** they want. Probably for the best.

AS is now a separate network from CN. It's got its own management, scheduling, ads, etc - they're completely unique from CN. And it's working out very well for them.

Toonami is a part of AS and that proved to be a successful relaunch.

Kreed

Man, this is so fucked up. As if DC Nation weren't on thin ice as it is. This is the worst thing possible.

I'm pretty thankful that CN and AS are under different managements. AS would be in trouble if it had the same folks from CN running it.

EDIT: Just read the above tweet. WHAT THE FLYING FUCK!

This is unacceptable. Was DC Nation doing that badly?

According to the same twitter feed it's because CN is celebrating it's 20th and needed more time for it's "what's your favorite x" shows that viewers are voting on.

https://twitter.com/Giancarlo_Volpe/status/257160235351937024

BY2K

Membero Americo

According to the same twitter feed it's because CN is celebrating it's 20th and needed more time for it's "what's your favorite x" shows that viewers are voting on.

https://twitter.com/Giancarlo_Volpe/status/257160235351937024

ih1JPg4xvg2kz.gif

Breaking Bad Season 5 is split in 2, YJ and the rest of DC Nation is getting screwed by CN repeatedly, Legend of Korra is still not coming for a while.

Thank freaking God The Walking Dead is coming back this week-end! I have nothing to watch!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They really should've announced it earlier. Damn it. I really hope they don't cancel it... especially when the next episodes of YJ and GL are very anticipated.

They have aired the episode of YJ and GL elsewhere though, right?

AND WHO ARE THESE FUCKING VIEWERS THAT ARE VOTING!? IT SURE AS HELL ISN'T A FIVE OR TEN YEAR OLD! IT'D BE US! PEOPLE THAT WERE ALIVE 20 YEARS AGO! AND WE LIKE YOUNG JUSTICE!

Top Bottom