• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Trigger

I really wish this was on iPad. Playing it on Vita isn't too bad, but I feel it would look and play a lot better on a big screen.

The only issue I have is that I don't have a stylus for my Vita. Using the memo to take notes with my fingers has been difficult.

Roubjon

The only issue I have is that I don't have a stylus for my Vita. Using the memo to take notes with my fingers has been difficult.

It's pretty useful to be able to take screenshots of certain puzzles though. It's helped me a bunch and beats writing on the memopad.

Trigger

It's pretty useful to be able to take screenshots of certain puzzles though. It's helped me a bunch and beats writing on the memopad.

seoaM.gif

W-what? I never thought of doing this.

Lan_97

Finished this game today. Really awesome. I've already posted my opinions on how they've handled the 3DS version (poorly), but otherwise I thought this game was great. A different feeling of atmosphere and urgency than the first game, but still an intriguing adventure. I really enjoyed the amount of content in this game (took me 32 hours to do everything, or maybe I'm just slow), and the flow chart and being able to quickly advance text to match my reading speed made this game infinitely more playable than the first.

Jintor

It's really not. (Major 999 spoilers)
999 wrapped up everything, and casually explains that the All-Ice thing was a myth, and that there was just a plant in the coffin, no woman. The game is wrapped up. Finished.

And then you see a dancing, naked Egyptian woman in the middle of the desert, and the game ends with Clover stopping to let her in.

It is absolute genius, because it catches you completely off guard. I actually wish they'd left it ambiguous, and not had any mention of it in VLR. The VLR explanation is... Unsatisfactory.

Exactly, it's a lol random stroke. It's the video game equivalent of "OR IS IT? DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUN"

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
You know what the scary thing about radical-6 is? There are parasitical infections that do basically the same thing to certain insects

Torraz

Well, I went on a VLR streak today. Only the true end + true end path bad end left, starting from nearly the beginning of the path.

Today I got:
- Sigma ending: Very interesting and good story.
- Luna ending: Whoa, I think this ending, and the past, may have been the best so far.
- Quark ending: At first hilarious
Repopulation: 4 Women, 1 old man, 1 kid and Sigma ... :lol:
and then mind = blown
the name of the old lady is kurashiki. Can't be Akane right? Because if so she aged a lot faster than Clover, or is Clover some kind of robot too?

Going to enjoy and finish this tomorrow. So far 32 hours well spent.

Vibed

Well, I went on a VLR streak today. Only the true end + true end path bad end left, starting from nearly the beginning of the path.

Today I got:
- Sigma ending: Very interesting and good story.
- Luna ending: Whoa, I think this ending, and the past, may have been the best so far.
- Quark ending: At first hilarious
Repopulation: 4 Women, 1 old man, 1 kid and Sigma ... :lol:
and then mind = blown
the name of the old lady is kurashiki. Can't be Akane right? Because if so she aged a lot faster than Clover, or is Clover some kind of robot too?

Going to enjoy and finish this tomorrow. So far 32 hours well spent.

If you have only the true end left I can't believe you haven't figured that question out yet.

RetroMG

Quick question: To get the special ending, do I have to get all the gold files on hard, or do I have to get every item in the archives?

Just have Luna's ending and the true ending left.
At least I think so. the true ending is Phi's, right?

Smellycat

Is this game available online anywhere on sale?? I really want it after playing the amazing first game, but I can't afford to pay $40 dollars now. :(

Quick question: To get the special ending, do I have to get all the gold files on hard, or do I have to get every item in the archives?

Just have Luna's ending and the true ending left.
At least I think so. the true ending is Phi's, right?

just beat every room on hard. I don't think the gold file is a req.

Torraz

If you have only the true end left I can't believe you haven't figured that question out yet.

I played 999 with a notebook next to me and constantly took notes and did calculations.

Can't say this game has scratched that same urge. I do have some theories, but I'm just along for the final ride now.

Artemisia

Banned
Fuck Dio. What an unlikable piece of shit.

Alice grew on me. I actually like her now. I'll now make it my mission to kill Dio

Tenmyouji ending get! First one too. It was alright. Kind of have suspicions that
he's Junpei, but that would put this WAAAAAY in the future and I think there's a bunch of things that don't work with that theory.

Javier

Tenmyouji's ending, and I mean BIG spoilers:

The photo being Young Akane was a huge bomb drop, which leads to the theory that Tenmyouji is Old Man Junpei, with the murdered woman being Old Lady Akane (no!). I guess that at least Sigma, Clover and Alice were cryogenically frozen until several decades later, as it's the only way all of this fits. The final part with Quark's letter was cute and did fill up a couple of holes, but it wasn't nearly as mind-blowing as I expected.

Not sure what to think of the Zero hologram. The termites thing feels too random and out-of-the-blue to make anything of it, and the Bomb Password is definitely for another route. Not a bad moment, but it felt that it was just there.

Dio's Ending

This one was pretty amazing, and the closest to a good ending so far since Sigma got to escape. Dio's story of the Myrmidons and stuff was kinda boring, so outside of another Bomb Password (which along with the other one I have it safe and sound in my 3DS Notebook), I can't say I cared much for it. The biggest shocker was Phi hinting at the fact she's doing time jumps, which would definitely explain a lot. This ending also seems to fit with the previous theory from Tenmyouji's ending.

One final thing is that I also felt the ending was cut rather short. It definitely just stops rather than showing a more proper conclusion.

Tmdean

Banned
Tenmyouji's ending, and I mean BIG spoilers:

Not sure what to think of the Zero hologram. The termites thing feels too random and out-of-the-blue to make anything of it, and the Bomb Password is definitely for another route. Not a bad moment, but it felt that it was just there.

Minor hint on the
termites
:
When I got to that part I knew what he was referring to right away. As you play the game more it will probably become more and more clear what Zero was talking about here.

Is it just me or is Clover nothing like
her in 999?
Her model looks completely different and personality too.

My memory of 999 is a bit fuzzy tbh though.

Thoraxes

Man, I am SO bad at geometry puzzles. The one in the
Director's Office
had me stumped.

I'm doing that right now and my brain hurts.
fuuuu

3ds fell off my desk and the cart popped out.

is there a reason why this game doesn't have autosave?
Because they give you the option to save whenever you want at any point in time? Most VNs i've played just allow multiple saves so you can return to flags you may need while this game makes even that moot because of how it's structured.

LiK

yup, autosave is not necessary for this game especially with the way you can play it. maybe put your 3DS in a safer spot instead.

Jintor

I also habitually save after every ending so at least I have that going for me. But I like autosaving, especially when the game can have crash problems.

LiK

it's not unnecessary though. With Flow chart, why is there even manual save o_O?

serious question? it's so if your Vita/3DS loses power, your progress won't disappear. you still need a manual hard save to for that. i tend to like saving wherever i want over autosaves.

I also habitually save after every ending so at least I have that going for me. But I like autosaving, especially when the game can have crash problems.

Uh, autosave could be a terrible idea with the PEC room. When you're doing it, the game autosaves, you make the game crash by touching anything, bye bye save!
(Maybe this would have made the programmers aware of the bug...)

I mean if a fire emblem game saves like every single turn, can't this game at least do an autosave after you finish each 'block'?

I didn't know having autosave is outrageous here o_O.

LiK

I mean if a fire emblem game saves like every single turn, can't this game at least do an autosave after you finish each 'block'?

i have nothing against autosaves, they're great. but like i said, it's not necessary for this game because of the way its designed. you don't even need to redo the puzzles if you don't want to and you can retry any puzzles if you mess up. i guess if you're not used to manually saving every so often, it would be a good feature.

Maybe you shouldn't knock your 3ds off and make the cartridge pop out...

well the game also boot me back to the main menu twice cuz of fuck, how would i know?

Maybe i'm just extremely unlucky.

This is literally the first nintendo handheld game that i've ever had buggy problems. It's kinda bumming me out because I want to progress god damn it :(

Javier

To be fair, autosaving in Fire Emblem is mostly to prevent RNG abusing and to up the challenge, as when a character dies, you to have to choose to continue without said character or restart the whole map.

JoeFu

Banned
well the game also boot me back to the main menu twice cuz of fuck, how would i know?

This is literally the first nintendo handheld game that i've ever had buggy problems. It's kinda bumming me out because I want to progress god damn it :(

That sucks, just always save in non-puzzle rooms. I was lucky with the game, had no bugs or glitches or anything. Then again I only started the game up twice, and the only reason was because I forgot to charge my 3DS one night and it died during sleep mode. I never turned the game off, and when I wasn't playing I put it into sleep mode.

Javier

What room were you in?

RetroMG

Just finished. Man, I was following everything until that last epilogue, and now I cannot wut enough.

But I will say that I would love, LOVE a fully voice acted, HD re-release of 999 with a flowchart system like VLR.

Off to go read the spoiler thread.

Top Bottom