• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Just started my first playthrough last night after finishing P4 Golden.

I honestly have to say, this is reminding me A LOT of the Infinity Series (mainly Ever 17).

I don't want anyone to confirm this, but I'm going to take a random stab at who Zero really is.

It's you the player.

Jintor

Just got the Dio ending. What the fuck just happened?

tumblr_mcxxjyIXAk1ql51lgo1_500.gif

(no spoilers)

I've only got one ending and my head is full of fuck. I'm getting a coffee and getting ready to hunker down for the rest of the night with this.

I've only got one ending and my head is full of fuck. I'm getting a coffee and getting ready to hunker down for the rest of the night with this.

Haha, yeah, that's how I felt after my first couple endings... Actually most endings blew my mind in their own small ways.

Out of curiosity, what ending did you get?

Haha, yeah, that's how I felt after my first couple endings... Actually most endings blew my mind in their own small ways.

Out of curiosity, what ending did you get?

It's the right most one on the tree that says "Phi Game Over" and resulted in my death.
Shit is getting off the hook.

I just got
Dio's
ending after hitting like, 4 locks and 3 or 4 game overs 18 hours in. FINALLY some slight closure. Now to take another path since I've done a good chunk of the left and right paths.

NEO0MJ

I just got
Dio's
ending after hitting like, 4 locks and 3 or 4 game overs 18 hours in. FINALLY some slight closure. Now to take another path since I've done a good chunk of the left and right paths.

The first path I took was the left-most track. After reaching the end of that I've been clearing from left to right, after that another sweep right to left.

NEO0MJ

I can only imagine the psyduck at getting that ending first. Mine was Quark's.

Mine was the Dio ending, too. But I think going the leftmost path first was my biggest mistake. But then again it wasn't like I was intentionally following it, I just picked the choices that felt right at the time.

Jintor

Kid Icarus's songs aren't really... like... a soundtrack to me... they're more like the levels themselves in Aural form

And come on! The puzzle room soundtracks are fucking excellent. I guess I just like ambient music more :T

Either way, you have more than one vote suckers

Phew, made it through the PEC room with only one crash the first time, I blasted through it the second time with the help of a guide. Didn't want to lose my 19 hour save, that would've been terrible.

PowerTaxi

Banned
Does anybody have a list of the archive files?

I'm missing 2 and I've no idea where they are.

Edit: Nevermind, didn't see the archive mentions in the flow chart.

The Hermit

29 hours, only one icon left and I still have no idea whats going on.

Each ending felt like a Lost episode bringing more questions than answers... Thank god lindelof didn't wrote this, so I am pretty sure everything wraps up.

29 hours, only one icon left and I still have no idea whats going on.

Each ending felt like a Lost episode bringing more questions than answers... Thank god lindelof didn't wrote this, so I am pretty sure everything wraps up.

Don't worry, many endings reveal things that bring up more questions... But in the end, everything has an answer!

Just reached my first "good" ending last night. Enjoying the story and characters so far, despite the fact that I've read a lot of Uchikoshi's other works.

I believe that I have an idea of where the story is going, although I'm trying to avoid any potential spoilers for the most part.

Finally got around to playing this. Been hooked since I started and finally saw all the endings last night. What an awesome game. Didn't ever manage to play 999 as it wasn't released over here. Can see why people made such a fuss over that game now. I want more though!

FatCat

Finished the game last night, still trying to absorb everything that I know.

Awesome game and up there with 999 it terms of mindfucks, even if the visceral nature of the first episode isn't as refined in this one.

Best character? Probably Sigma.

Best endings?
K & Dio, my mind went haywire at those points in the game. Kudo's to Clover's ending for the graphical scene of death

Can anyone tell me if this feels SLIGHTLY SLIGHTLY like Liar's Game (Japanese TV show)? I get these vibes from reading the plot.

I briefly read the plot and I cannot say.
But the purpose in this game isn't to betray other people, but to choose wheter to trust them or not. If everyone trusts each other, everyone gains. This way you're encouraged to ally with people. But if you're a jerk and betray people, you gain more and people who trusted you may have a bad time.
Just read about the prisoner's dilemma, the game is based upon that concept:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner's_dilemma

Can anyone tell me if this feels SLIGHTLY SLIGHTLY like Liar's Game (Japanese TV show)? I get these vibes from reading the plot.

Liar Game manga>Liar Game TV drama.

Anyway, not really. It might have some very light similarities in the sense betrayal and lying is involved, but it's closer to something like Saw (in set up, not execution) which is a pretty popular subgenre in Japan.

Also, this is a sequel that should not be played before the first game, 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Okay, so I just started the game (Vita), right after I was done with all the endings of 999. My first impression is that I'm not crazy about parts of the interface and how the game is navigated; everything could be a tad smoother, but I'm hoping I'd get used to it after playing it some more.

The other thing, on to be accurate question, on my mind is related to safes and "secret" passwords. I just completed two rooms (starting AB and Crew's Quarter) and I've uncovered both room's secret files by sheer luck. I felt out of place reading the files, especially the first one. Was I supposed to to read them at those points? Are they usually guessable or are there actual clues to reaching them? Is it advised to collect them on my first try or should I jump back to get them at later points?

So far I'm liking the game, but there a few rough spots that keep bugging me.

Top Bottom