• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

grim-tales

Well, I got a To Be Continued ending...
I guess its a bad ending, but it did get pretty freaky, with Quark apparently being infected with a virus (?).. but why did he want to die if he had the cure? Why did he find it? Why is there only enough for one person?
Can I just jump to the bit before the infirmary on the flow chart and choose something else - like maybe if I did the AB game differently something different would happen.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Well, I got a To Be Continued ending...
I guess its a bad ending, but it did get pretty freaky, with Quark apparently being infected with a virus (?).. but why did he want to die if he had the cure? Why did he find it? Why is there only enough for one person?
Can I just jump to the bit before the infirmary on the flow chart and choose something else - like maybe if I did the AB game differently something different would happen.

Yes, you can. I went through three playthroughs 999 style before I realized that.

grim-tales:
It's not a bad ending! You hit a lock! When you know what to do, by doing other playthroughs, the lock becomes green and you can go on!

grim-tales

Isnt Sophoril B the anesthetic used in 999?... do I have to carry on the same branch (I'm on the right) as before or perhaps I should move? :D

grim-tales

Hmmm.
So I jumped back to the AB Game and chose 'Betray' and I noticed something strange..
Sigma says "You chose "Betray" last time" to Alice. NOW things are getting interesting.. how could he know that as technichally he hasnt experienced that....
I also noticed Zero said "Either Tenmouldy or Alas will die in the second round.. or both of them...!" (something like that!) He didnt say that before, the first time he said that, he goes through every character.
His prediction sounds a bit like the lock I was on previously.. isn't it? This is getting weird....

Heh, that's the first mindfuck the game pulls on you. I did exactly like you and I really didn't see that coming.
Anyways, you can go on as you like more, but I think it's best to fully explore one branch, then move to another one.
But that's just an opinion, some people like to jump from left to right and viceversa continuosly...

grim-tales

I'm in...
A control room, or something? I switched it too easy but the dialogue IS pretty funny.. I dont know what to do with the levers that you switch on and off.. I tried every combination but it doesnt work?

I'm in...
A control room, or something? I switched it too easy but the dialogue IS pretty funny.. I dont know what to do with the levers that you switch on and off.. I tried every combination but it doesnt work?

Use the compass on the piece of paper with on and off written. This should give you the answer!

I'm in...

I just want to mention that after you finish it, you should go back and do it again on hard so that you can get the gold file. You'll want to get all the gold files.

Frost_Ace

Ok i just hit the ending where
I'm supposed to put the userID and password into the pc, am I supposed to see them in another timeline? Because it showed some deaths from another timeline :S

grim-tales

I got past a lock! I'm rather confused TBH.. but in Round 2 of the AB Game, the first (?) time, I chose Ally, and then Phi started talking about "the first Round 2" - WTF? Then she was angry I chose betray and shot some Latin proverb at me... so I went back. and....
*Brain hurts*
I havent managed to get past the infirmary lock yet.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I got past a lock! I'm rather confused TBH.. but in Round 2 of the AB Game, the first (?) time, I chose Ally, and then Phi started talking about "the first Round 2" - WTF? Then she was angry I chose betray and shot some Latin proverb at me... so I went back. and....
*Brain hurts*
I havent managed to get past the infirmary lock yet.

Ah man, its a shame you didn't choose betray first, I did and the shock on going back to ally was absolutely electrifying. One of my favorite game moments ever.

grim-tales

I think I did it the way you said actually...
Maybe I went Ally-Betray-Ally or something, very odd. Because Phi made me 'promise' the first time, and I thought she meant "Promise to choose Ally" so thats what I did.
Anyway, think I'm near the end of the rightmost branch, I dont feel like I should know this yet but it seems the game is actually explaining WHY it uses the flow chart, its built into the story. Genius.

I think I did it the way you said actually...
Maybe I went Ally-Betray-Ally or something, very odd. Because Phi made me 'promise' the first time, and I thought she meant "Promise to choose Ally" so thats what I did.
Anyway, think I'm near the end of the rightmost branch, I dont feel like I should know this yet but it seems the game is actually explaining WHY it uses the flow chart, its built into the story. Genius.

Well...
That's kindof the true end route. Although you'll eventually hit locks you won't be able to open for QUITE a while (unless you cheat) anyways.

grim-tales

Well...
That's kindof the true end route. Although you'll eventually hit locks you won't be able to open for QUITE a while (unless you cheat) anyways.

Oh dear.... I feel guilty now :(
Perhaps I should have left that route til later then - it would be like me getting the True End for 999 on my 1st or 2nd try....

Oh dear.... I feel guilty now :(
Perhaps I should have left that route til later then - it would be like me getting the True End for 999 on my 1st or 2nd try....

Don't worry!
Even if it's the True Route, it's a mess of Locks! You won't be able to complete it if you haven't seen all the other endings!

Frost_Ace

There are people who cheated through it. It's TERRIBLE!
If you see codes or something, remember to write them down!
I see you're a Luna fan, judging by your first route... :)
she actually seemed very suspicious but never betrayed me D: now I'm doing the path where I betray her and I feel terrible lol

Having to betray her literally made ma a little anxious :(

That's why I never got
Dio's end, the only one besides Clover's that has no locks
until it became absolutely necessary to continue. Still, I have to say I enjoyed it more that way, made for a great "OH SHIT" realization moment that only fueled my desire to finish that path.

Like, if you do Dio's ending early you already know about what he is, which is honestly meaningless at that point in time, doing it after reaching one of Alice's locks and putting everything together in your head however...damn that felt good.

grim-tales

I knew there was something "off" about Clover... just had a revelation about her which was interesting... how old is she supposed to be? I thought she was 18 in 999? And is still dressed like a fetish fantasy in VLR :p
I kind of agree with the "other universes/all posibilities play out somewhere" theory Phi was talking about but Schrodingers Cat is hard to understand.

grim-tales

Well...

You're right - I did hit a massive lock (though I may have 'some' idea of what the answer may be... I dont know.. its just the "Zero is one of us" thing seems... too easy, too obvious, too convenient.
In 999, Clover's quiet, frightened supposition that Zero was one of the team, made me sit up and go "Oooohhhh fuck....", here in VLR, the characters seem to 'accept' the idea Zero is 'one of them' without as much question, but maybe thats what they WANT me to think....

Frost_Ace

HORY SHIT!
just hit Dio's end and picked up the password. The stuff about the myrmidons was too crazy, I thought Phi was connected to the morphogenetic fields but then she mentioned the "jumps" and now I dunno what to think also that didn't look like a desert at all...especially since they were wearing those suits.

Cha

Ok i just hit the ending where
I'm supposed to put the userID and password into the pc, am I supposed to see them in another timeline? Because it showed some deaths from another timeline :S

Pro Tip: When characters TELL you important info, take a screenshot of it, or write it down. Verbal info, doesn't get stored anywhere. I learned this teh hard way :/

HORY SHIT!
just hit Dio's end and picked up the password. The stuff about the myrmidons was too crazy, I thought Phi was connected to the morphogenetic fields but then she mentioned the "jumps" and now I dunno what to think also that didn't look like a desert at all...especially since they were wearing those suits.

surprise.gif

This is only the surface (I love this sentence!). :)

grim-tales

Funny dialogue on the lounge puzzle...
When you inspect the alcohol bottles and get to the Planet one, Phi says something like "With our powers combined...", don't say I was the only one who got a Captain Planet reference xD
Actually the puzzle was much easier than I thought as the light shining on the globe tells you what cocktails to make, rather easy :)

Funny dialogue on the lounge puzzle...
When you inspect the alcohol bottles and get to the Planet one, Phi says something like "With our powers combined...", don't say I was the only one who got a Captain Planet reference xD
Actually the puzzle was much easier than I thought as the light shining on the globe tells you what cocktails to make, rather easy :)

That was awesome

and remember:

DhO9eK2.jpg

grim-tales

HOLY SHIT....
I've just seen an old woman who's been stabbed or something, and we dont know who she is... I'm not sure but something's up with Tenmyouji - could they be related?
Possible suspects are being lined up, K was one... if K is a robot (?) wouldnt he be subject to 3 robotic laws? So he couldnt harm the woman.

HOLY SHIT....
I've just seen an old woman who's been stabbed or something, and we dont know who she is... I'm not sure but something's up with Tenmyouji - could they be related?
Possible suspects are being lined up, K was one... if K is a robot (?) wouldnt he be subject to 3 robotic laws? So he couldnt harm the woman.

Mwahaha....things are getting good. Keep going!

What's your total hours played, which path you currently on?

grim-tales

My total hours played is just over 13 now... I'm on the leftmost path now (the first one I did was
the rightmost one (true end?!), but I didnt know what route it was then. But I cant complete that yet obviously, theres probably still lots to do on that route :)

So many tempting black bars. :(

I just started this last week after finally finishing P4G and I am loving it so far. It's been mentioned in the past couple of pages, but man I am seriously impressed by the English voice acting, especially Zero III. I've been sort of randomly jumping between paths; I've gotten the Clover and Tenmyoji endings so far (and a LOT of Bad Ends), and I ??think?? I'm heading towards K's. For some reason I just really liked what I saw of K so far, and I had been trying to find his path for so long. :mad: Totally worth it, though, especially the scene where [rec room]
he jumps on the Zero III ride

I played through 999 for the first time last year, and one thing I've noticed (and very much appreciate) is the more frequent light-hearted moments in VLR. The one thing that doesn't completely sit well with me is that VLR [999 true ending]
completely overuses the one really cool twist of how the various timelines interact and that you retain knowledge from previous playthroughs
. I love the concept, though, so I guess I don't mind too much.

In my current playthrough I just [K's(?) path]
discovered that Dio has the murdered woman's bracelet
and oh boy, I'm sure this is gonna get goooood.

Jintor

I played through 999 for the first time last year, and one thing I've noticed (and very much appreciate) is the more frequent light-hearted moments in VLR. The one thing that doesn't completely sit well with me is that VLR [999 true ending]
completely overuses the one really cool twist of how the various timelines interact and that you retain knowledge from previous playthroughs
. I love the concept, though, so I guess I don't mind too much.

It's a sequel for a reason brah

Oh god, just got K's ending.

He's you!

Actually this works quite well with my working theory, see combined with the stuff I got from Dios ending, Clovers and sime other random stuff I am thinking that
Sigma and Phi are both robotic bodies whos AI brains are being uploaded to some form of central computer. The game is repeating itself again and again and you gradually are remembering stuff cross-game. Although as to why this is happening and who Zero is, I am totally clueless.

Nohar

This is going to be amazing when you will reach new endings. I can't wait for your reactions.

... So THAT'S what you were feeling all along PurpleMaster/Jintor/TheBatman/others veterans ?... More. I want MORE.

grim-tales

Interesting....
I found out a tiny bit about K.. seems he has a hole in the back of his head, if we had a key... I could find out who he really is. Perhaps he isnt really a robot and its just armour.
I trust K for some reason, he seems peaceful....
Maybe I'm going down his path....
Also Dio seems to hate Quark and thinks he's a dick, maybe plotting against Tenmyouji?!!! Fuuucccck....

grim-tales

Hmmm.... (999 spoilers)
Why doesnt Clover trust anyone?
I know you can react differently to different people, but she spent most of 999 being quiet and scared, then changed at the end... now she's flipped again...
Tenmyouji gives off an Ace vibe to me for some reason... as for K, what if he is.. 7 from 999?
Sigma says "You'd better not be lying about amnesia" or something, and we know 7 lied about having amnesia...and K is.. the 7th letter of the alphabet...

Hmmm.... (999 spoilers)
Why doesnt Clover trust anyone?
I know you can react differently to different people, but she spent most of 999 being quiet and scared, then changed at the end... now she's flipped again...
Tenmyouji gives off an Ace vibe to me for some reason... as for K, what if he is.. 7 from 999?
Sigma says "You'd better not be lying about amnesia" or something, and we know 7 lied about having amnesia...and K is.. the 7th letter of the alphabet...

Actually, K's the eleventh letter of the alphabet. What's the digital root of eleven again?

Top Bottom