• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

After play a while, anyone else just wishes the door open animation is like 100x faster :p

And I really don't need to have to see my blip run across the whole area every time (including going up and down elevators). Seems needless and really doesn't add much tension or w/e.

Dantis

I think Pantry, Clarification and Blue Bird Lamentation are my favorite songs from this OST.

Fucking... Luna ;_;

edit: Damnit, last post on the page. Someone quote me so that my post can live on!

Not Virtue's Last Reward? I love that track.

Blue Bird Lamentation is a really excellent. Pantry is my favourite of the escape tracks (I didn't know it's name until now, so cheers for that. It's so obvious! :p).

Venfayth

I do like the Virtues Last Reward track, probably the Orchestra version a bit more than the Piano one... Maybe. I don't know :(

JoeFu

Banned
So how many songs does this game pull from the original? I was happy to hear the digital root song in the game. I recognized a few more, but it seems like they used a lot from the first game.

GSR

Not Virtue's Last Reward? I love that track.

Blue Bird Lamentation is a really excellent. Pantry is my favourite of the escape tracks (I didn't know it's name until now, so cheers for that. It's so obvious! :p).

Fun fact about Blue Bird Lamentation: when I imported the OST, I took a look through the notes from Uchikoshi and Hosoe, and one of the things Uchikoshi said was something along the lines of "When I heard Blue Bird Lamentation for the first time, I first gave thanks to the genius Shinji Hosoe for bringing this song into the world, and then to the gods for bringing this genius into the world".

Played through the game alot more now. Managed to get my first real ending, Tenmyouji.
So I have a good understanding of his and Quark's back story now. Found plenty more locks and bad ends. I found the person in his picture amusing.

Dio is definitely the baddest ass of this game. Also managed to get more back story on Alice and Clover. I loved how they tied their first meeting to the first game's ending.

I'm still trying to avoid choosing the betray option, unless they betray me first in that round.
For that reason I still haven't chosen any betray option on Luna's path.

Kaizer

Banned
HOLY SHIT I think I'm almost ready for the spoiler thread.
Totally called old woman being Akane, Tenmyouji = Junpei was a nice twist as well. Sigma being an old man caught me off guard though holy shit. Now Akane just stabbed me, guess a new story thread is going to open up with Sigma's consciousness going to 2029, man what a game.

O6DC6.gif

Venfayth

Fun fact about Blue Bird Lamentation: when I imported the OST, I took a look through the notes from Uchikoshi and Hosoe, and one of the things Uchikoshi said was something along the lines of "When I heard Blue Bird Lamentation for the first time, I first gave thanks to the genius Shinji Hosoe for bringing this song into the world, and then to the gods for bringing this genius into the world".

That's awesome, haha. I totally understand his reaction :)

Yeah. Took me nearly 38 hours for everything.

Very, very impressive.

Persona Arena, take note. This is how interesting visual novels are done.

to be fair its a fighter for most. I'm sure the story aspect was just caveat so I can see why the story isn't amazing. You can tell arc sys had a lot of control considering how similar it is to BB structure.

Dantis

to be fair its a fighter for most. I'm sure the story aspect was just caveat so I can see why the story isn't amazing. You can tell arc sys had a lot of control considering how similar it is to BB structure.

That is true. I feel like Atlus over-sold it though.

HOLY SHIT I think I'm almost ready for the spoiler thread.
Totally called old woman being Akane, Tenmyouji = Junpei was a nice twist as well. Sigma being an old man caught me off guard though holy shit. Now Akane just stabbed me, guess a new story thread is going to open up with Sigma's consciousness going to 2029, man what a game.

O6DC6.gif

you're not done ..there are 2 epilogues in this game

That is true. I feel like Atlus over-sold it though.

They did what any company tries to do when selling their own product. I also feel like Arc Sys is one of the core reasons for the region-lock (look at GG digital release and BB) but thats for a different discussion.

I hope zero escape paves the way for more VN type games (for the vita!)

Dantis

They did what any company tries to do when selling their own product. I also feel like Arc Sys is one of the core reasons for the region-lock (look at GG digital release and BB) but thats for a different discussion.

I hope zero escape paves the way for more VN type games (for the vita!)

Me too. I'd love to see the 999 writer's other games get released on Vita.

JeTmAn81

After play a while, anyone else just wishes the door open animation is like 100x faster :p

And I really don't need to have to see my blip run across the whole area every time (including going up and down elevators). Seems needless and really doesn't add much tension or w/e.

I don't understand the purpose of the map stuff at all, really. 20+ hours into the game and it's had no bearing on anything. And yet it seems like it should be significant since there's a map in every safe, and they're always showing where you go on the map.

Dantis

The dot moving on the map was frustrating as all heck to me. I think it was there to establish a feeling of location? Rather than just flashing between scenes. I feel it was un-needed though.

Short question about the Vita version: I noticed that the game save doesn't appear in the content manager like my other games do. Does this mean this game saves on the game card?
And what will happen when I try to start it from another account? Now that I'm done with the game, I wanted to switch the Vita to my girlfriend's account and let her play, but I don't want to lose my save.

A bit late, but yes!
I confirm that the save is on the cartridge... :(
I had to delete my save to let my sister gain trophies...

Me too. I'd love to see the 999 writer's other games get released on Vita.
Well, Ever17, Never7 and Remember11 have a PSP version! :D
In Jap... D:

if you're talking about the vita version , you should use the option in the main menu when you boot the game

Nope, this will delete the save, but keep the "property" of the game locked to the user.
You need to be in the err... Desktop of the Vita. Press and keep pressed the ZE:VLR icon.
This will make the Vita go into management mode. Select the icon and "delete".
Then, take out the cartridge and insert it back in.
Do all this on your girlfriend's account/vita!

EDIT: Found a short tutorial!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyUfAWhnNvI

Jucksalbe

Banned
Thanks! In the end we decided to play on the same account, I just had to delete all the screenshots I made. Good thing this version has multiple save slots.
Now I only have to hope she doesn't accidentally overwrite my save.

Is there a list somewhere that shows which games save on the game card and which save on the memory card?

Thanks! In the end we decided to play on the same account, I just had to delete all the screenshots I made. Good thing this version has multiple save slots.
Now I only have to hope she doesn't accidentally overwrite my save.

Is there a list somewhere that shows which games save on the game card and which save on the memory card?

As far as I know no. But the majority of games save on the memory card!

Nope, this will delete the save, but keep the "property" of the game locked to the user.
You need to be in the err... Desktop of the Vita. Press and keep pressed the ZE:VLR icon.
This will make the Vita go into management mode. Select the icon and "delete".
Then, take out the cartridge and insert it back in.
Do all this on your girlfriend's account/vita!

EDIT: Found a short tutorial!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyUfAWhnNvI

that's nice of you but he said .." delete save data " ..

Torraz

Just got my fourth character ending: Dio - pretty cool.

Some very interesting information, and Dio seems to be a bit more interesting than I thought at first

Now on my way in the right paths. Unforunately, while the creepy/atmospheric part of the soundtrack is made of awesomeness and excellence, other parts are pretty weak, like they were in 999.
Sigma is currently publically confronting Dio about being part of the Myrmidon and the soundtrack is this barely perceptible weak tune. I really would have liked some Ace Attorney-like confrontation/announcing the truth/cornered style music here

B. Garden is probably my favourite escape track.

Same here.

I have a question about the Left Path...
How differently does the scene with Phi play out if you choose Ally first, then go to Betray her? Obviously, I chose to Betray first, just to get the obvious "Game Over" Ending, but now I'm curious what happens if I had chose in a different order...

No spoilers beyond that point, though. Please.

GlassBox

Banned
Love Zero III, now this is how you write an antagonist, someone who is constantly involved, in your face, and messing with you while scheming and being a smart ass. Far too many games, especially Western games, seem to prefer an antagonist who hides away and is never seen or spoken about until the very end when they pop out of nowhere for a final boss encounter, which is usually just a harder version of a regular enemy. Sadly goes to show how poor most game stories really are.

go Vita if you can, 3DS save corruption bug is the main reason. and playing on the Vita OLED screen is really nice.

Awesome. I just got my $20 from PSN today so that should make it a bit cheaper. Gonna pick it up now before I impulse buy something dumb. I am not done with 999 yet. It's great so far.

Venfayth

Vita is pretty much definitely the better way to experience the game. 3DS makes you watch spoilers after every ending, while Vita lets you skip. 3DS cuts off some journal entries.

Dantis

Awesome. I just got my $20 from PSN today so that should make it a bit cheaper. Gonna pick it up now before I impulse buy something dumb. I am not done with 999 yet. It's great so far.

Wait until you see the true ending.

Genuinely, I believe 999 has the best videogame plot that a game can have. It is tremendous.

Jucksalbe

Banned
So, Vita or 3DS? Any pros and cons? Thx

Can only speak for the Vita version, but that one has the advantage of the nicer screen, being bug-free, the option to make screenshots and it has multiple save slots (3DS version only has one).
On the downside controls are a bit awkward and imprecise, writing on the touchscreen (with your finger) is not very comfortable.

Vita version is definitely the superior version just because it doesn't have those nasty bugs.

Venfayth

Same here.

I have a question about the Left Path...
How differently does the scene with Phi play out if you choose Ally first, then go to Betray her? Obviously, I chose to Betray first, just to get the obvious "Game Over" Ending, but now I'm curious what happens if I had chose in a different order...

No spoilers beyond that point, though. Please.

I chose Ally first because I'm not a monster like you! -jk- ;p But basically she reacted the same way. She betrayed me and said it was because I betrayed her "before" - so I was like WAT?. Then I got a lock, I went back and chose Betray, went through as far as I could, then went back and chose Ally again and I think I got past the lock. Somethin like that.

I chose Ally first because I'm not a monster like you! -jk- ;p But basically she reacted the same way. She betrayed me and said it was because I betrayed her "before" - so I was like WAT?. Then I got a lock, I went back and chose Betray, went through as far as I could, then went back and chose Ally again and I think I got past the lock. Somethin like that.

Oh okay... I though
Phi would have chosen ally when I did, then after going back, would pick betray. She would then blow up at me for trying to take advantage of her.... I donno. I retrospect, it was kind of a stupid assumption. haha

Venfayth

Oh okay... I though
Phi would have chosen ally when I did, then after going back, would pick betray. She would then blow up at me for trying to take advantage of her.... I donno. I retrospect, it was kind of a stupid assumption. haha

It's one of my favorite parts of the game :)

Jintor

Oh okay... I though

Just because
you're approaching time linearly doesn't mean that Phi is approaching time in your linearity

It's one of my favorite parts of the game :)

I loved it too!
It was my FIRST second round. I didn't have to get to know Phi very well, but I wanted to trust her. I chose Ally. When I saw that she betrayed me, I was like: "You!! Bitch!!! I hate you so much!!!"
I REALLY wasn't expecting it! It really caught me off guard! :D

Just got the K ending. JackieChanMyMindisFull.gif.
Didn't expect K to have
Sigma's
face.
I guess after seeing Sigma
bleeding white
, I shouldn't be too surprised.

Mistle

Just pre-ordered this (Australia). So excited! ozgameshop.com says they'll ship it out on the 16th, but other sites say the release date is the 23rd. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Now to bail from these threads until completion :p

Top Bottom