• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Tagg9

I just beat the
Quantum
room. How much longer until I've beat the game? I'm wondering whether or not I should tackle it tonight or wait until tomorrow when I have more time.

Kaizer

Banned
I just beat the
Quantum
room. How much longer until I've beat the game? I'm wondering whether or not I should tackle it tonight or wait until tomorrow when I have more time.

You might be up all night just from all the times your mind will be blown at the climax. I'm still reeling, been thinking about the game all day.

Roubjon

speaking of the
Q room, that's where I am right now, and I can't for the life of me find the 8th thing to click on. I'm also unable to figure out the dice puzzle. Am I supposed to find something in here to help me out with it or am I supposed to use an old file I have?

So. I beat it.
and then I spent five minutes looking for the next unspoken branch after "another time". I actually went to Gamefaqs and checked topics, hoping I had missed something.

I can't believe how angry I am. I've clocked over 40 hours, not counting my crash, and played through every bit of text. I feel...
like I've been trolled by a friggen middle episode. Like quality was intentionally dropped to set up part 3. Best part of the game was Luna's ending, and the only plot twist I didn't call meant nothing to me. (Dr. Klim)

I guess I'll hop over to the spoiler topic, but after adoring 999, I have such a bad taste in my mouth. Sheesh!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I guess got Luna's ending. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Only have two left, Quark and Phi...random speculations:

I'm guessing the old lady is Akane, and something about the actual warehouse location seems odd to me. Might just be the way the area was modeled but I felt like in Dio's ending the place seemed like it was on the moon/different planet instead of a desert.

I have noooo clue what the connection sigma and phi have here, guessing a lot of bombs will be dropped there. Tenmyoji is still a big question mark aside from the picture of Akane, but he seemed to know her. If he's someone from 999(snake?) I'm gonna implode.

UberTag

This entire page is like an exhibit on how to either not spoiler tag when you should or how to make use of spoiler tags so poorly as to defeat the entire purpose of employing them.

Haha...YAAAAAY for randomly doing the electricity puzzle in the Control Room!

My brain was melting so I just randomly pushed levers and got it in 5 minutes!

GlassBox

Banned
Got my first To Be Continued on the leftmost path, then got my first ending on the immediate path next to that, which was kind of a letdown as far as endings go...

Tenmyouji uses an unconscious Quark to open the 9 door then leaves you behind

Well, hopefully more WTF/disturbing endings akin to 999 are in store.

GlassBox

Banned
Oh yeah, the most annoying thing so far is the whole map and door traversing the complex loading screens (I assume that's what it is). I mean, come on, we don't need to see exactly where we are moving towards.

Got my first To Be Continued on the leftmost path, then got my first ending on the immediate path next to that, which was kind of a letdown as far as endings go...

Tenmyouji uses an unconscious Quark to open the 9 door then leaves you behind

Well, hopefully more WTF/disturbing endings akin to 999 are in store.
You haven't seen anything yet, trust me.

Artemisia

Banned
I'm still waiting for real shit to go down

idJB6Q.gif

Right-most path: Oh man, how I eventually got
Phi not to open the number 9 door
was a complete mind bender.
The fourth wall is breakiiiiiiiiiiiiing!
I’m still trying to wrap my head around it!

I found it odd that Sigma, Clover, Luna and K didn’t press the issue of
her jumping like 20 feet in the air.
I hope that gets explained as I stopped after the
explanation of the brooch with Phi.

Trigger

This entire page is like an exhibit on how to either not spoiler tag when you should or how to make use of spoiler tags so poorly as to defeat the entire purpose of employing them.

lol, for real. I need to stop reading the thread until I'm closer to finishing all the routes.

LiK

yeah i played 999. I expected something else from that shot.

And huh, Clover ending is indeed an ending.

Think im done for the night lol.

expected what? 999 basically explained everything about that which was why it is was mindblowing...until VLR.

That shot was a master-stroke.

Did you get it yourself or watch it online? Because it is VERY significant.

And then VLR ruins it.

yup, not a fan of the retcon, tbh. my only gripe with VLR's connection to 999.

Dantis

It's really more of a LOL RANDOM stroke

It's really not. (Major 999 spoilers)
999 wrapped up everything, and casually explains that the All-Ice thing was a myth, and that there was just a plant in the coffin, no woman. The game is wrapped up. Finished.

And then you see a dancing, naked Egyptian woman in the middle of the desert, and the game ends with Clover stopping to let her in.

It is absolute genius, because it catches you completely off guard. I actually wish they'd left it ambiguous, and not had any mention of it in VLR. The VLR explanation is... Unsatisfactory.

LiK

It's really not. (Major 999 spoilers)
999 wrapped up everything, and casually explains that the All-Ice thing was a myth, and that there was just a plant in the coffin, no woman. The game is wrapped up. Finished.

And then you see a dancing, naked Egyptian woman in the middle of the desert, and the game ends with Clover stopping to let her in.

It is absolute genius, because it catches you completely off guard. I actually wish they'd left it ambiguous, and not had any mention of it in VLR. The VLR explanation is... Unsatisfactory.

it was a pretty forced explanation and does ruin that ending shot. i think new 999 players might be less shocked than us 999 vets if they read up on anything VLR-related before playing it.

Omikaru

Honestly, I think they had no choice but to explain it. I'd rather they just get it out of the way than avoid it, at which point it becomes a bigger deal than it should be.

Yeah, it's not ideal, but I'm not complaining. It's pretty much sweeped to the side once you've had the explanation.

LiK

Honestly, I think they had no choice but to explain it. I'd rather they just get it out of the way than avoid it, at which point it becomes a bigger deal than it should be.

Yeah, it's not ideal, but I'm not complaining. It's pretty much sweeped to the side once you've had the explanation.

i agree, they had to do something. altho there was probably no need to make
Alice a character in VLR then. She really didn't add much to anything other than constantly killing herself. It could've been anyone else and the Alice ending shot could've been a fun thing where it was either a mystery or just a joke

cj_iwakura

Just got the K ending as well. I don't think I'm as shocked given the events in the rightmost path, seeing as how
(major VLR spoilers)

I know Sigma's a robot.

Dantis

Just got the K ending as well. I don't think I'm as shocked given the events in the rightmost path, seeing as how
(major VLR spoilers)

I know Sigma's a robot.

You'll be shocked before you hit the end. Guaranteed.

I guessed a few major plot points dead-on, and it still managed to catch me off guard.

cj_iwakura

You'll be shocked before you hit the end. Guaranteed.

I guessed a few major plot points dead-on, and it still managed to catch me off guard.

Well, I'm worried an early image from one of Sigma's early revelations was a major spoiler, but I hope I'll still be surprised.

It shows an explosion on the moon.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
@cj_iawkura
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I'm glad the OT seems so lively. Game absolutely deserves it. Hope it lures in even more folks!

Torraz

Dang, I now got more than half of the character endings :/. Received number 5: Alice.

Pretty interesting, even though there was yet another sob story
. Pretty deep into what I think is Sigma's ending, but then the vita wanted to be recharged.

This game is so damn good.

Top Bottom