• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Of course. Remember that smirk when he walked away from Negan towards the beginning of the episode?

He's acting just like he acted with Abraham
yeah I don't know if he is negan as much as he is enjoying playing the shit out of another group of people to get the safety and security that he needs to live.

This is eugene.

Damn sick ass talking dead couch today lil jon LMAO.

It's Eugene's survival instinct to bury himself deep in a lie that makes him a valuable asset to people who can protect him. And he totally has fun doing it.

ZOONAMI

Does anyone remember if Eugene has ever been put in a surgery type situation before and been completely exposed as a fraud?

I guess he can fall back on that he was never a surgeon but I don't know if Negan will take that as an excuse.

Of course. Remember that smirk when he walked away from Negan towards the beginning of the episode?

He's acting just like he acted with Abraham

I mean yeah he's pretending to be a doctor to survive. however I'm not sure he doesn't truly believe this is the new best opportunity, and has turned on rick and everyone. I mean they have pickles!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Does anyone remember if Eugene has ever been put in a surgery type situation before and been completely exposed as a fraud?

I guess he can fall back on that he was never a surgeon but I don't know if Negan will take that as an excuse.

He hasn't. Which is why his lying will catch up with him and doom him.

Either way, stupid as fuck of Negan to kill 1 of "2" doctors.
I don't think Negan cares about much. It shows that no one is untouchable and sends a message to Eugene not to do anything stupid. Even though the doc didn't do anything stupid. And eugene aint a real doctor lol.

I mean yeah he's pretending to be a doctor to survive. however I'm not sure he doesn't truly believe this is the new best opportunity, and has turned on rick and everyone. I mean they have pickles!

If the situation arises where he can choose to help Rick's group during a critical moment he totally will, but he's far too much of a coward to risk his current safety to try an escape (or to murder Negan like he had the chance to do this episode).

Kevin

So how is season 7 so far? I've only seen the season premiere (which I loved) so far. How does it stack compared to the other seasons?

ZOONAMI

I don't think Negan cares about much. It shows that no one is untouchable and sends a message to Eugene not to do anything stupid. Even though the doc didn't do anything stupid. And eugene aint a real doctor lol.

Right, that's why I had quotations.

Pretty sure burning half of someone's face off sends a message as well.

And honestly if you are running a dictatorship you still aren't completely immune of being judged by your populace for doing stupid shit like killing a fucking doctor. He's pretty close to open revolt already.

Eugene sure does know how to survive the apocalypse. Such a great con-man.

Yeah it's great. I also like how like they said on Talking Dead this ep almost also served like an indirect flashback to what he kind of probably did previous times he's needed to like probably when first meeting Abe.

Either way, stupid as fuck of Negan to kill 1 of "2" doctors.

Yup.

It fits with Negan, but is still a dumb move.

So how is season 7 so far? I've only seen the season premiere (which I loved) so far. How does it stack compared to the other seasons?
Way better than 6. I say 4 and 5 along with Fear Season 2 are among the best TWD Season 7 comes very close to taking the place of one of those honestly it's pretty good. It might seem boring with all the world building and you know what in it's own right it is but it is also kinda needed but Negan and the Saviors are a breath of fresh air! Love Negan aka Jeffrey dean Morgan! <3 We are on episode 11 of 16 either catch up now or wait a few more weeks but it's a pretty nice ride all around.

ZOONAMI

I actually think we might see Dwight and Eugene join forces to take down Negan from the inside.

You then have #2 and "smart guy" replacing Negan which might be enough to prevent retribution from any devoted followers.

Lothar

Banned

I thought this was a great episode but I only liked the season premiere and the first return episode of the 2nd half so far. The 2nd half seems a lot better. 1st half just dragged on and on after the premiere.

If the situation arises where he can choose to help Rick's group during a critical moment he totally will, but he's far too much of a coward to risk his current safety to try an escape (or to murder Negan like he had the chance to do this episode).
yeah, I think he's super opportunistic. if it looks like Neagans downfall might be approaching I think he'll try to jump shift to the winning team (Rick or whoever). Don't think he's holding onto some loyalty for Rick or hope he'll save him personally.

but who knows!

Amikami

Banned
Richhone out on a date, what could go wrong?

Next episode is gunna be fun just for the fact that Cocky show-off Rick is gunna be full on, and stupid shit always happens when cocky show off rick is on. Michonne being right there to show off to at that. Remember the shit that went down when she just asked for some toothpaste...

Kevin

Way better than 6. I say 4 and 5 along with Fear Season 2 are among the best TWD Season 7 comes very close to taking the place of one of those honestly it's pretty good. It might seem boring with all the world building and you know what in it's own right it is but it is also kinda needed but Negan and the Saviors are a breath of fresh air! Love Negan aka Jeffrey dean Morgan! <3 We are on episode 11 of 16 either catch up now or wait a few more weeks but it's a pretty nice ride all around.

Yeah I'll catch up once the season wraps up. Makes for a good binge show. Excited for the Blu-Ray as well. Thought that won't come until like August. lol

yeah, I think he's super opportunistic. if it looks like Neagans downfall might be approaching I think he'll try to jump shift to the winning team (Rick or whoever). Don't think he's holding onto some loyalty for Rick or hope he'll save him personally.

but who knows!
No way he just abandoned Rick and co, opportunistic or not. He's totally playing Negan

Top Bottom