• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I've only been a member for a couple of years but I was lurking back in the days where there were smileys and animated avatars. Wasted a lot of time here but have met some great people. TorontoGaf has had a meet up every month this year so far.

Congrats on 100,000,000 posts!

Edit: Special shoutout to krae_man, who had organized prizes for some of our meet ups.

Vibranium

Banned
Also can't forget all the fallen posters, good and bad who helped us reach the number. Here's to 100,000,000 more.

RIP Gaborn, cool dude when I just lurked the forum.

Brinbe

Thinking on things a little more, thanks to everyone who contributes to truly making GAF one of the best online communities, period. The amazing posters, incredible moderation team/staff, just everyone.

Not to tear down other places, but there's not many other forums where moderation/intelligence/humor/diversity and most importantly, decency and respect for everyone is valued and emphasized. It's a toxic world out there, especially on these internets, and this place has always been a welcome refuge from the inanity. Kudos to everyone for getting to this great achievement, it's a real testament to the value of GAF and I'm damn proud to be here among you all.

PepperedHam

troy_huzzah_community.gif

Aurongel

Cheers to my favorite forum for almost ten years running now!

(Since I started lurking anyway)

Wish I knew what the big post was.

I am relatively new to the community and am glad to witness this significant milestone. Let's aim for the next 100,000,000 together!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Damn, what an achievement. Congrats! Happy to be a part of this great forum. GAF is truly the best.

Congrats! I've been part of Neogaf and its various forms for more than 12 years (with a measly 600 posts!)

Many great moments were had. Proud member of Art-Gaf as well!

Leatherface

I came here a long ass time ago for insider scoops and rumors surrounding gaming, one of my long time hobbies. I stayed even longer for the OT. Basically this place has always had something going on to keep me interested throughout an astoundingly large part of my youth and adulthood. It's basically a part of me it seems. So much so that I almost don't know what to do with myself when the site is down. Good thing that's very rare these days. I really hope this lasts a long time to come. Thanks for everything you all do. It's been an amazing ride so far.

Cheers everyone!

Madao

to think i've been around these parts for ~10-11 years already (lurked for a while before registering because bans were scary as hell back then).
only missed about 2 years of the current forum.

also, interesting to find out the oldest possible necrobumps are from 12 years ago.

Amazing milestone for an amazing site. Love that it's always been about the community and not about a singular personality that feels slightly insecure and passively uses it to feel superior. Stay strong!

//ARCANUM

Wonderful write-up EL. :) It was great reading that story. I've only been here a couple years but love this community and what you've done. Bravo sir! Bravo NeoGAF!

16BitNova

The ambitions of one man, has brought enjoyment and a community to so many including myself. Forget, Facebook, forget Instagram, twitter, etc, this is my morning read when I wake up and my last read before heading to bed. Gaf is awesome. And I thank you sir.

Aces&Eights

Hot dam I love me some OG GAF OPs. Proud to be at THE place to hear the news like no other site can provide. Is crazy, it's loud, it's BishVerifed. It's my home.

Pour out some Monster and dorittios for the fallen juniors.
Naw, fuck them, they had it coming

Thanks everyone for being my go-to place since 2007 (infamous E3) when I first found out about GAF. Since that E3 I have been a daily visitor. I am looking forward to another 100m posts in the near future.

dmr87

dramatic-intense-claptelpn.gif

Congrats everyone!

I don't know what I would do if GAF were to go away, such a big part of my internet life.

Elessar

Neo Member
Congrats!

Ended up coming here for my news when various news sites started naming NeoGAF as their source for various articles.

Came for the news, stuck for the community. Well done moderating it and keeping it at a high standard, guys.

Actually, stuck for the
E3 Hype threads
😋.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I think one of EviLore's new life goals is to make it through an E3 without a crash or 503 error.

Juraash

I've only been kicking around a few years, but I've been on forums a long time. This is easily one of the best communities I've ever been a part of.

Always new posts to read and interesting topics to talk about.

What am awesome achievement for GAF to make it to this point. Looking forward to many more years and many more millions of posts.

Congrats. That's really a great story. I had no idea. Here's to 100,000,000 more.

I'm proud to have 3600 of those posts over the last couple years (and no bans!...yet) even though I was lurking for quite awhile before that. I'm glad I have somewhere to go to read and talk about games, which I love as they've been a huge part of my life for almost 30 years now.

It's not just the games that makes GAF so great though. I don't know how many ridiculous threads I've started in OT just to talk about something on my mind or ask a stupid question... and there's always someone right there to respond.

It's really a good thing you've got going on here and it's helped me out a lot. So thanks to you for doing what you do, and thanks to every one of you for making GAF what it is.

Congratulations and cheers - to a thriving community represented by so many people of differing views and backgrounds. Many fun memories and informative discussions thanks to NeoGAF.

Yup. It is a great community. Love we all understand us. We may be awkward and go to foreign places and unknowingly be very awkward and freak people out. But that's us and we make it work. Here's to 10 more years!

Top Bottom