• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nessus

mavs said:
No. Don't buy games 3 months in advance. Sounds like you wouldn't really get to it until next Christmas anyway.

Pretty sure FO3 has been on sale at $10 this year. Maybe even last year.

It was because I own it and there's no way I would have bought it on a whim for more than $10.

Vagabundo

Holy Crap..

Okay so I have Fallout new vegas on my cart, all ready to be paid for, but the extra 5 quid hasn't come off and I own Fall out 3. Is there something You have to do? I have Fallout 3 on my steam account.

EDIt Scrap that, Fallout 3 isn't on my steam list.. Shite..

YEY Merry Chrimbo GAF!!!

IrishNinja

aw man, totally in the same boat as that dude @ New Vegas. i know i want it, and $30's not bad, but im not gonna play it yet. looking at my current PC backlog:

Planescape
Vampire: Bloodlines (im gonna give up at the sale's end and just buy it, i think :lol )
Deus Ex: GOTY
Amnesia/Penumbra
Bone/Indy: Fate of Atlantis/Sam & Max season 3/various SCUMM titles
Machanarium
Baldur's Gate 2

and a lot of others to try out like Thief, The Void, Witcher, etc.

of course, the only fear i have of waiting till the july 4th sale to buy it - WHAT IF I WANT TO PLAY THAT GAME?:lol on the other hand, while i dont really get too concerned with DLC, i hear i missed some good ones on fallout 3, so waiting on GOTY might not be a bad idea either.

Petrie

Banned
Just in case it didn't get taken, I'd love Battlefield, and sadly can't purchase it from here on my phone @ home. Should've grabbed it earlier, thought the PC here would be working, and it is not. lol

Blizzard

Banned
Snuggler said:
Is there any way to disable the Kotaku news stories that appear when I look at my games in Steam? I know it's a minor quibble but I'd rather not be subjected to them if I don't have to be.

Also, the age gates are annoying, I'm grown I don't need them.
I wish you could disable Kotaku too since I seem to recall having to manually filter out news stories every time I wanted to check TF2 updates or whatever. I don't know of any options to fix it though.

IrishNinja

:lol you guys are amazing. one of you posts this about how epic the experience is, we all discuss how it went down like ten bucks 2 years ago or so, and now if i buy at $20, what's gonna happen? Gabe's gonna be sitting in his scrooge mcduck moneypool and say "Eh wot? IrishNinja bought it at full price?! Squire, cancel the upcoming 75% off sale!"

Petrie

Banned
If I buy the Valve pack do I at least get giftable copies of the games I own with that one? Hoping it goes back on sale for $25 tomorrow!

Petrie

Banned
Weenerz said:
I'd love to buy the Valve pack, but they've already sold me their library of treasures =(

I own some, but my girlfriend has just been given a new gaming rig by me and owns NOTHING, so the games being giftable to her that I have is the difference between a purchase or not. She wants stuff like TF2, I still need a lot of the CS games and such, so it'd work out nicely.

Meier

I kinda wanna get Borderlands GOTY but I'll just keep waiting for the 360 version to drop in price some day. I can't imagine how big the download would be for the PC version.

Unrelated, but I can't believe how much Spore still costs. I've still never played it despite loving Will Wright.. just can't get myself to pay that price for such an old game at this point. I need a $10-$15 sale.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So does anyone know how to get Pirates to play in widescreen, or if not that, at least in a window?

biocat

Meier said:
I kinda wanna get Borderlands GOTY but I'll just keep waiting for the 360 version to drop in price some day. I can't imagine how big the download would be for the PC version.
10,674 MB big. So yeah, kind of big.

Meier said:

Unrelated, but I can't believe how much Spore still costs. I've still never played it despite loving Will Wright.. just can't get myself to pay that price for such an old game at this point. I need a $10-$15 sale.

Spore was a daily deal...

Helmholtz

Meier said:

Looking at it on my steam list I believe it's around 7gb. (borderlands)
edit: that's non-goty though, probably not very useful information :p

Nabs said:
Black Ops is great if you have the computer for it. $40 is a good price.

Would bite if they offered PC Download

I bit on BF2 collection though. Never owned the booster packs and the sheer convience of the package is too much to pass up!

Nabs

AgentOtaku said:
Would bite if they offered PC Download

I bit on BF2 collection though. Never owned the booster packs and the sheer convience of the package is too much to pass up!
Yeah, buying Mafia 2 off amazon for 12 bucks and linking it to my Steam account in minutes was a good feeling. Still, free shipping with Blops... worth it.

SenorDingDong said:
Are the PC versions of GRAW 1 & 2 any good? I'd read they were relatively average compared to the earlier games. I ask as I'm considering skipping the GRAWs and just grabbing the first plus expansions for $5.

Do this. I played GRAW 1 and 2 on the 360 and enjoyed them a lot, but they really didn't feel like my beloved Ghost Recon and I wouldn't allow them to sit on the same hard drive..

Is the King Arthur DLC or Expansion worth a crap? I want to buy the game, for 3 dollars I can't go wrong, but I don't even know if the dlc or expansion are worth the price or extra time I'd put into the game..

Petrie

Banned
tahrikmili said:
Is the King Arthur DLC or Expansion worth a crap? I want to buy the game, for 3 dollars I can't go wrong, but I don't even know if the dlc or expansion are worth the price or extra time I'd put into the game..

Someone earlier said it's 30 extra story missions, and well worth it.

Nabs

Drkirby said:
Target had it for $20 on Black Friday, online only, sold out fast though.
it was $10 actually :lol

Darklord said:
Steam was going super slow yesterday for downloading, now it won't even start up. :mad:

might want to change your download region. i had some pretty good speeds.

.nimrod

What's the general opinion on the EA store?
Is there anything i should be concerned about like DRM or download limits?

They've got some good deals going on right now (Europe):

BC2: Vietnam 6,49€
Crysis 6,49€
Dragon Age: Ultimate 14,99€

.nimrod said:
What's the general opinion on the EA store?
Is there anything i should be concerned about like DRM or download limits?

They've got some good deals going on right now (Europe):

Crysis 6,49€

EA Store and EA Download Manager are really fine by my book, no obstructive DRM of any kind, download is fast, installation is quick, and games are good.

I got Dragon Age: Ultimate, Bad Company 2 and Bad Company 2 Vietnam from them. The current Vietnam deal is impossible to pass (less than 5 quids for UK.. Got it last night)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Damage today.

Fallout new vegas $30 (gifted, could have tried and got it for $25, but none of my US friends who owned FO3 were online)
Sam and Max Season 3 $10 (now the complete set needs to drop in price!)
Battlefield 2 $3.75

Spookie

.nimrod said:
got some good deals going on right now (Europe):

Crysis 6,49€

Use o3gfubinq as the code when you order and it will make DA:O £9.37!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom