• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused

Banned
.nimrod said:
What's the general opinion on the EA store?
Is there anything i should be concerned about like DRM or download limits?

They've got some good deals going on right now (Europe):

BC2: Vietnam 6,49€Crysis 6,49€
Dragon Age: Ultimate 14,99€

Does this work with the Steam version of BC2?

IrishNinja

Lafiel said:
Fallout new vegas $30 (gifted, could have tried and got it for $25, but none of my US friends who owned FO3 were online)

aw, crap i didnt even think of this - so all i need is a friend who owns fallout 3 on steam to buy it for $25 and gift it to me/pay them back? that's not bad, might have to make some calls in the last 7 hours...

confused

Banned
.nimrod said:
Doesn't seem to be working in the german EA store :(

Yep, it's only a code you have to redeem in BC2

Cool, not available for me though. No buy button when browsing Vietnam game page

Edit : Found it. thanks for the heads up

Vaporak

.nimrod said:
What's the general opinion on the EA store?
Is there anything i should be concerned about like DRM or download limits?

They've got some good deals going on right now (Europe):

BC2: Vietnam 6,49€
Crysis 6,49€
Dragon Age: Ultimate 14,99€

EA store only lets you redownload your games for up to 6 months, or 2 years if you pay extra. I will never support their store for that reason alone.

Nabs

Vaporak said:
EA store only lets you redownload your games for up to 6 months, or 2 years if you pay extra. I will never support their store for that reason alone.
i'm not sure, but i think they changed that policy. ubistore on the other hand.......

.nimrod

Vaporak said:
I just found out they changed that, everything is now available for at least a year.
So as long as it's on their servers you're good to go.

confused

Banned
Bought Vietnam, but the browser failed to return me to the webstore after payment. Now the game has been paid but I have not yet received an Email with the code nor has it shown up in my gamelist. What to do ?

Erasus

Got BFBC2:Vietnam for that price holy shit. I have Dragon Age though. (Awesome game.)

Thinking about getting Dead Space and Crysis: Warhead...

mitheor

confused said:
Bought Vietnam, but the browser failed to return me to the webstore after payment. Now the game has been paid but I have not yet received an Email with the code nor has it shown up in my gamelist. What to do ?

EA Downloader Manager - Settings - Update my games (or something like that, mine is in spanish)

scaffa

confused said:

It takes a little while before recieving the email. Wait for 30 mins or so. Same thing happend here, game didn't show up in the gamelist either.

yonder

Couldn't pass on the complete Civ IV for £3.75. For some reason the game and its expansions show up twice in my library, though. Anyone know why?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Yonn said:
Couldn't pass on the complete Civ IV for £3.75. For some reason the game and its expansions show up twice in my library, though. Anyone know why?
It gives you the Mac and Windows version for some reason.

Lumine

Yonn said:

It does for everyone. I was hoping they would fix this one day, but I doubt it by now.

CiSTM

Banned
Dang it :(
Just saw the deals and really would love to buy Arma 2 but I'm stranded on a steamless computer for today :_(

Anyone who is fan of the orginal Operation Flashpoint games should buy Arma II. After the patches it's really great tactical shooter and way ahead Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.

I mean COME ON!
4nWrN.jpg

ak0GG.jpg

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Chriswok said:
So to confirm.

BF:Vietnam from EA Stores, WILL work with the Steam bought Battlefield BC2?
Vietnam is just a key, so yes you can buy it from the EA Store and it'll work fine in Steam.

Dambrosi

Banned
fly high ~ayunite~ said:
Can anyone recommend Shattered Union? It's only £0.29 but I don't want to bother wasting bandwidth/time downloading potentiality crap. :lol
It's 29p. Go on mate, splash out - it's Christmas! :lol

(Oh yeah, don't bother if you're rocking the Vista or Windows 7 setup, it won't work without some rather drastic workaround using msconfig)

CiSTM said:
Dang it :(
Just saw the deals and really would love to buy Arma 2 but I'm stranded on a steamless computer for today :_(

Anyone who is fan of the orginal Operation Flashpoint games should buy Arma II. After the patches it's really great tactical shooter and way ahead that durd of an new flashpoint game that was on sale yesterday.

I bought it during a sale a couple of months ago, and still have to play it. I hope that the original Arma2, the I own, is still good enough because I don´t feel like paying for Operation Arrowhead before I have had time to play the one I already own.

I have it installed on my computer, and it seems fun, but I´m a bit dissapointed with the performance of it. That game and Crysis are still the only games on that computer where I have had to spend time with graphical settings.

Cirruss

I find it amusing that since the price increase DMC4 has disappeared off the top sellers chart. Is this the first day that a daily deal hasnt been a top seller?

Cirruss said:
I find it amusing that since the price increase DMC4 has disappeared off the top sellers chart. Is this the first day that a daily deal hasnt been a top seller?
cuz it sux with a KB/Mouse laaaawlz!

AshMcCool

should I get Torchlight? I remembering not liking the original diablo due to its repetitive nature and lack of a stroger narrative, although a lot of my friends did. I didn't even bother with the second game. How is Torchlight in this regard? I really like the graphical style of the game, so I am a little bit tempted.

I found it really addictive, Diablo 2 I was verrrrrryy late to the party and its pretty miserable looking wheere as torchlight it quite bright and WoW-ish. Very fun and worth whatever small price it is.

Got Burnout paradise Ultimate of the EA store for the sweet price of £0.00 :lol

OneMoreQuestion said:
What price increase?

Yesterday DMC4 was a certain price at the beginning of the sale then went up a few hours later. Must have been due to a pricing mistake.

Somebody here pointed out that Steam top sellers are based on total dollars in sales, not total units sold. That means every game you see in the top sellers list right now is making more money than DMC4 after the price increase.

Darklord

Banned
Wow, Wings of Prey DRM is...fucking insane. That yuplay is screwed. It keeps saying it can't connect so I can't get online which is needed pretty much.

CecilRousso said:
How is Overlord II? Does it really have any non-linearity in it, and choices for character building? Or is just a linear action game?

It's fun. It's not really an RPG or an action game. It's a bit like Pikmin on a smaller scale, you use your minions for combat and to solve puzzles. Imo the best part about the games is that you are an evil overlord in a fantasy parody world. Your minions look and act like Gremlins, elves are hippies, dwarves are beer drinking miners and you club furry baby seals to death to grow your army.
You don't really have character building or dialogue. You are an evil overlord and your choices boil down to either murdering everyone (chaotic) or enslaving everyone (lawful).
As for linearity, your overall progress is pretty linear because you need to unlock minions and minion abilities to progress. But you can explore a bit, mostly to use your new abilities to find other powerups.

Sanjay

Easy_D said:
That's what I sort of feared when lowering the resolution to 800x600 didn't do shit to the framerate. Strange how setting it to high priority in the task manager doesn't do anything to the framerate, though, it does wonders with Dead Rising 2 :(

Edit: Weird part is I'm looking at a video of a guy playing it on a E8200 and it's buttery smooth. As far as you can tell from a 30fps youtube video, at least. And dips below 30 usually bother the shit out of me.

Edit #2: Scratch that. But the performance is pretty similar to mine. Slightly worse. Blargh. Guess my ol' C2D is getting old after all :(

Nope, with your rig you should be hitting 60fps, what resolution do you play at?

Dambrosi

Banned
First post on this page!

C'mon Crysis deal C'mon Crysis deal C'mon Crysis deal C'mon Crysis deal C'mon Crysis deal C'mon Crysis deal C'mon Crysis deal C'mon Crysis deal C'mon Crysis deal...:lol

So, three hours to go, guys. What do you want in the X-Day Deals? GO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom