• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not been tempted to buy anything yet, scary I know, but I do have republic commando in my basket stikk which is 50% off, highly doubt it will go any lower so I should just go buy and play it already.

Nearly bought SMB but in the end went with 800msp on live, mainly due to console preference and already having paid for allards on my account from months back.

Drkirby said:
For crashing when going into settings, nope, but I think it is a game made with XNA, which is not very optimized. While TF2 and WoW will run decently on my laptop, that game also gave it quiet a bit of slow down. My current computer has a problem holding a solid 60 FPS at 1080p, but that is due to me having a budget video card still (A 9500GT)
what a shame :(

cicero

Is there a list anywhere of the current Amazon Game Downloads Sale titles that transfer over to Steam?

I would get stuff like Bioshock 2 $5 and Penumbra Collection $2.50, but I have no idea how to find out if you can activate them on Steam too.

Joe Molotov

Dear Santa Gabe,

I've been good all year long. Please deliver unto me a $10-ish copy of Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga. And if there's extra room in your sleigh, also Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition.

Best wishes,

Joe Molotov

fatty

These are the kind of posts that I've been looking for, I also remember someone posting Future Wars, an Advance Wars clone that I will be picking up for $2.50. But I'm looking for more recommendations, since I need some games that my laptop will handle with its crappy integrated graphics card.

GDJustin said:
I know a lot of GAF might ignore this post, but this sale is a great way to pick up some of the best casual games as well. All the "Diner Dash" and similar titles are a lot of fun. They're very polished, usually 12+ hours long, and have mechanics that make them easy to play through, but more difficult to obtain "expert" scores.

Almost all of these games are 75% discounted from their normal $7-10 prices to $1.75 - $2.50 as part of this sale.

My receipt:

Hotel Dash 1.74 USD
Fitness Dash 1.74 USD
Parking Dash 1.74 USD
DinerTown Detective Agency 1.74 USD
Gemini Lost 1.74 USD
Valerie Porter 1.74 USD
DinerTown Tycoon 2.49 USD
Diaper Dash 2.49 USD
Wedding Dash 2: Rings Around the World 2.49 USD
Cooking Dash 2.49 USD
Diner Dash: Hometown Hero 2.49 USD
Eets 2.49 USD
Chocolatier: Decadence by Design 2.49 USD

Total
27.87 USD

That's 13 lengthy, polished casual games (plus Eets!) for $27. Some of them were questionable (Valerie Porter is a hidden object game, a few of the Dash games aren't as good). Drop Eets, VP, and a few of the shakier dash titles and you'd have GREAT $15 bundle.

Even at $7, recommending a game like Hotel Dash or Wedding Dash is a little iffy. But at $1.50, when you can get FOUR of them for $7, they are all no-brainers and are better values than most of the "core" games on sale now.

GDJustin said:
Here is the bundle I bought, minus the most questionable Dash games, and minus eets, valerie porter, etc:

Hotel Dash 1.74 USD
Parking Dash 1.74 USD
DinerTown Detective Agency 1.74 USD
DinerTown Tycoon 2.49 USD
Wedding Dash 2: Rings Around the World 2.49 USD
Cooking Dash 2.49 USD
Diner Dash: Hometown Hero 2.49 USD
Chocolatier: Decadence by Design 2.49 USD

TOTAL: 17.75

fatty said:
These are the kind of posts that I've been looking for, I also remember someone posting Future Wars, an Advance Wars clone that I will be picking up for $2.50. But I'm looking for more recommendations, since I need some games that my laptop will handle with its crappy integrated graphics card.
Get Eufloria! Do eet!

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
How's the state of BF2's online? Does a lot of people play it? Or isn't worth the opportunity?

biocat

fatty said:

If you want quality games that will run on Intel graphics, gog.com has a bunch of classic PC games on sale right now.

Meier

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
steam has on their site what keys are able to be registered on steam.
Meh. I'll just keep waiting then. No interest in having some other download service to deal with.

fatty said:

Future Wars is crap. Mecho Wars is much better, is 99 cents and runs on anything.

fatty

biocat said:
If you want quality games that will run on Intel graphics, gog.com has a bunch of classic PC games on sale right now.

Thanks, I've definitely stocked up on GOG.com games, but most of them are RPGs and I'm looking toward casual pick up and play titles.

Will look into Eufloria, though.

Fuck I hate steam, same shit every time.

Installing a new game. While its doing that I turn off automatic updates for the game. In this case Fallout NV. I want to play it as soon as it finishes.

So of course, once installation finishes, steam turns the automatic update back on and starts downloading.

3 hours now until I can play. FUUUUUUUUU!!

No way to bypass this shit? Its a fucking single player game. I wish these idiots at Valve would realize some people have shitty internet and don't want to wait hours and hours to play their new game. Some people are smart enough to decide on their own when they want to download updates. I think when I installed Left 4 Dead 2 it was around 13 hours before I could play because of this junk. I just wanted to play it solo.

RAAAAAGGEEEE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom