• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

Dammit, I thought eh, sale will be disappointing so I grabbed Saints Row 2 at the last minute... I could've spent it on batman :(

NewFresh

I need some opinions on the flatout games:

Is the newest one graphically demanding?
How good are they overall?
Do you opinions matter or am I going to buy them anyway?

Petrie

Banned
Tried Tropico 3 on 360 and ended up overwhelmed and not able to get into it. Worth playing on PC regardless? Seemed to have a TON to manage.

*edit*

Never played Flatout before, which do I get?

kharma45

mikespit1200 said:
Someone post the deals please? Posting from my phone

id63EW.png

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn, I wanted DA but I was hoping for a higher percentage off. I'll think about it.

Oh shit Civ V up there as well... still too much tho.

Forkball

What a crummy deal on Civ V. I got it on Cyber Monday from Amazon for $30. Civ V is Steamworks, so you can buy it and use the CD key on Steam without ever having to put the CD in. I recommend going that route if you can find it cheaper somewhere else.

I'll finally bite on Batman.

Meier

Tropico 3 pack is a steal. I bought Tropico last year for $7.50 so I just gave in and bought the expansion pack for $3 now. $6 for both is unreal!

Sipowicz

Banned
fuck me. i think monkey island special and dragon age ultimate are sure things. i need some advice on

red faction guerilla - is this a good port?
splinter cell conviction - is this a good game/port?
tropico gold - is this wworth getting for someone who's never played this type of game?

Mihos

Gold Member
Meier said:
Tropico 3 pack is a steal. I bought Tropico last year for $7.50 so I just gave in and bought the expansion pack for $3 now. $6 for both is unreal!

Tropico 3 is great. I second this endorsement.

1. Is the PC version of Double Agent good? That and Conviction are the only SC games I am yet to play, so i'd really like to get both at once for more discounts. I have heard however that the original Xbox version is superior?

2. Dragon Age Ultimate Editon includes everything, right? And is the Steam version moddable?

3. I already own Monkey Island 2. If I buy this double pack, can I gift the one I already have to someone?

spons

Gold Member
Red Faction Guerrilla for 2,49 is such a good deal, even though the storyline and mission structure are poor at best.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
1. Is the PC version of Double Agent good? That and Conviction are the only SC games I am yet to play, so i'd really like to get both at once for more discounts. I have heard however that the original Xbox version is superior?
?

I personally find the PC port the best version, it certainly looks and runs the best...

Nothing for me today, but I bought Overlord pack and King Arthur complete yesterday. Anyone having issues in King Arthur where most textures are blue/black? It's weird...

Merry Christmas GAF!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Absolutely nothing I want / don't already own. Not even the Spain broad Civ V DLC is on sale. Totes disappointed.

GuiltybyAssociation said:
I have a good feeling about today. There shall be some quality deals, I just know it.

Shut the fuck up, asshole.

Dice said:
2) Is Splinter Cell Chaos Theory set up to use the 360 controller? Maybe even the original Splinter Cell? If not, does their design fit (better than Hitman) with KB/Mouse.?

Yes, to an extent. It thinks it's an Xbox 1 controller, so it will use the bumpers instead of the triggers. There is no way of changing this i'm afriad. The button config is also pretty crazy unless you take some time to remap it all.

What I would recommend is connecting a Dual Shock 3 and using the MotionInJoy drivers. That way you can fix all of the above problems.

Struct09

Sipowicz said:
fuck me. i think monkey island special and dragon age ultimate are sure things. i need some advice on

red faction guerilla - is this a good port?

You have to pull some tricks to get it updated (not too difficult), but after that it runs great.

spons

Gold Member
I NEED SCISSORS said:
What I would recommend is connecting a Dual Shock 3 and using the MotionInJoy drivers. That way you can fix all of the above problems.
Didn't the official drivers leak months ago?

spons said:
Red Faction Guerrilla for 2,49 is such a good deal, even though the storyline and mission structure are poor at best.

It's $5.

You really need a quad core to run it, though, because all of the physics are done with the CPU.

Anyway, Tropico 3 Gold is very tempting at $6

The Flatout games are really great too and a steal at what they're asking.

kharma45

kai3345 said:
my normal download rate is 800kb/s but now its going 200 kb/s

Estimated download time 1 day 5 hours.

fffffffffuuuuuu

I'm normally around 1.8MB/s but am only getting 263 kb/s :( I'm never gonna AvP downloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom