• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultron87

Xamdou said:
The last day of the sale contains all of the daily deals right?

Last day is traditionally a "Greatest Hits" selection of the Daily Deals. So no guarantees on which ones will return. Buy what you want now if at all possible.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
This is my inaugural Steam holiday sale (mac gamer). Picked up Civ IV complete and the Valve Collection for $30. I like this.

Glix

Ok. I'm done for the day after meat boy, Deus Ex, and the Oddpack. Wish I could gift the first two odd games, as I already have them :(

LCfiner

I've decided to give in to the madness and buy pretty much anything that looks interesting. :lol

I will need to build a rig to play some of these games in all their glory in mid/ late 2011

kai3345

Banned
Ok. Battlefield and Winterbottom for me today. Whew.

Now DA:UE is all that I'm waiting for.

:lol :lol @ Peggle "-00%"

Dynoro

Very impressive layout of the deals - makes it so easy to see the contents of all the indie packs and the daily deals.

Only grabbed BFBC2 and Winterbottom - I must be strong

Inkwell

Banned
Is it terrible that I want to buy games I know I probably won't ever play? I'm getting Super Meat Boy for sure, but I must restrain myself for now.

Roofy

do any of the Prince of Persia games have the shitty UbiDRM?

I'm getting the sands of time trilogy but im not sure if i should bite on the newer two

Brainboy

Erm...

peggle1.jpg

peggle2.jpg

:lol

(Has since been updated to -60%, £5.59.)

Instro

Oddbox is tempting, but I already bought the first two games last year during the xmas sale. Damn I wanted Strangers Wrath too.

Corto

That flip-over effect is really neat! I'm just waiting for an individual deal on Europa Universalis, Mount & Blade: Warband, Hearts of Iron and Dawn of War 2. Give it to me Valve!

nexen

so, um, is anyone else getting a credit card declined message?
I'm assuming it is Steam because I just bought 4 games from them and the 5th one was declined.

edit: but it added the game pack to my library anyways. ok. thats cool.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Purchased The OddBoxx and Civcity: Rome and you know, that feels like enough, at least for the moment.

Should I hold off on Dead Rising 2 now? You guys/gals think it will appear on one of the upcoming Daily deals? 26.79 is quite a deal for Dead Rising 2. Hmph.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Steam hates me:
1) F1 2010 50% "maybe it will drop lower" - nope daily deal
2) Indie heavy hitter pack - not available in your region
3) toki tori - kids pack - yeah go ahead and insult me

Brainboy

nexen said:
I'm assuming it is Steam because I just bought 4 games from them and the 5th one was declined.

I can't even get to the checkout pages. If I click 'buy for myself' it takes me back to the main page, and the game is removed from my cart... :/

So I'm stuck debating on picking up The Last Remnant or if I should wait it out. Already got Lego Batman, Forgotten Sands, and PoP 08 in my cart...

Dave Long said:
Well, I guess I'll just throw $100 into the wallet and when it runs out, that's it. *sigh* Steam.

That's actually a good idea...

Nabs

MisterNugNug said:
Should I hold off on Dead Rising 2 now? You guys/gals think it will appear on one of the upcoming Daily deals? 26.79 is quite a deal for Dead Rising 2. Hmph.
if its not a daily deal you should wait.

nexen said:
no. Toki Tori is pretty good and that magic marker game is really good.

one of my fav. games in my steam collection

Oreoleo

nexen said:

Nope. Just made 3 transactions on 5 items.

Nelo Ice said:
god damnit

thats the cheapest ive seen defcon think i'll pick it up even though i already own 4/5 in the pack :lol =(
Defcon is free today at Green Man Gaming with a coupon.

Got the mix pack, I kind of feel bad though, do indies really need to be 90% off to get our attention. I feel like they have been pressured into these packs to give up sales. I'd be just as willing to buy them at twice the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom