• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
SenorDingDong said:
I'd suggest waiting to see if the Tomb Raider series become part of a daily deal. $4.99 is great now but there's a possibility it may go even lower. Worst case scenario if it doesn't, pick it up at the latter end of the sale for the $4.99.
Good idea. Also if Mini Ninjas drops to $5 (seems unlikely) then that would be the most satisfying end to my ventures in this sale.

Blizzard

Banned
Nabs said:
this happened to me when trying to gift a game to sanjay. i had more than enough in my steam wallet.
Same here, ALSO trying to gift to Sanjay, and now it can't even start the transaction. :( I can't buy anything for myself either. I guess I'll wait a couple of hours and try to email support.

teiresias

A few days ago I would have bit on Dragon Age, as I was interested in playing it, but between picking up the Icewind Dales and Gothic 2 (for a replay) at GOG, Risen and the Tomb Raider games (Anniversary & Guardian of Light) from Steam, and playing The Witcher currently making me really want to play The Witcher 2 immediately upon release, I really can't see buying it now. I'm sure it will see $25 or lower again at some point in the future.

What is the X Superbox? Strategy? I'm itching for a space-based game (that isn't Mass Effect), but I was horrible at Homeworld, so not sure I should bite, :lol!!

ydnawel

Neo Member
biocat said:
You'll get the foreign store. Worse yet, you'll need a payment option from the country you're in. To preempt having that kind of problem, charge up your account now before you leave.
Do you (or anyone) have a list of games that are modified for foreign countries (I know L4D 1/2 but I don't know about any other games)?

Sanjay

Blizzard said:
Same here, ALSO trying to gift to Sanjay, and now it can't even start the transaction. :( I can't buy anything for myself either. I guess I'll wait a couple of hours and try to email support.

Morning Bus / Stallion / Conceptor have gifted me fine, and even Stallion one day could not gift me then it worked another day. It's hit or miss. I checked the steam forums and other people have got the same problem and then it suddenly works and no one really knows what fixes it or if its just on Steams end.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dreohboy said:
How short is the single player campaign again?
I played on the hardest difficulty which felt just right and it took me 7-8 hours. Throw on a couple more for the challenge maps which are excellent and co-op which is also excellent (never finished though :() and you easily have 15 hours or so of quality content.

Also, fucking Sanjay. That dude is almost too sale savvy with all these UK/US pricing differences.

teiresias said:
What is the X Superbox? Strategy? I'm itching for a space-based game (that isn't Mass Effect), but I was horrible at Homeworld, so not sure I should bite, :lol!!

Open ended Space Trading game. You fly about do what you want and effect the Universe as you like. Sort of like a one man EVE Online.

Nabs

i hope nba 2k11 gets a daily discount, because it really is a great game. $20 is still a fantastic deal.

Sanjay

Nabs said:
i hope nba 2k11 gets a daily discount, because it really is a great game. $20 is still a fantastic deal.

I would buy it Nabs, I would! the sport looks kind of like netball minus the hot chicks.

steam support said:
2 Message by Support Tech Chaz on Fri, 24th Dec 2010 1:28 pm
Hello Sanjay,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

If your friends are having issues gifting you games, you will need to have your friends create their own Steam Support accounts and Steam Support tickets so that we may best assist them.

If you have any further questions or comments, please let us know.

God damn it.

Polk

Blizzard said:
I had some problems with giving DLC for Borderlands yesterday. Buying dlc for myself went smooth though.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I know next to nothing about Flatout: UC, but fuck it, it's only $2. I need a good arcade racer in my Steam lineup anyways...

I almost bought the Dragon Age complete edition since $24.99 is a good price, but I shouldn't spend any more for now. Must resist.

Lkr

Nabs said:
I'm ready to bite at $20, but will wait to see if it goes on sale further. Kinda like I did with AA, which I am FINALLY biting on :D
Just AA today unless someone can sell me on the Tropico 3 pack. Is it an RTS, more of a Civ like game, or what?

Raxus

Dragon Age Ultimate is tempting but I already own the original game and still haven't beaten it so I am sitting out today's sales.

Well, nothing for m... *sees X Superbox and Blue Toad Murder Files*
Steam purchase Get!

Day 6:
X Superbox ($13.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files ($3.00)

Unfortunate that Shank's Daily Deal price was not better, it's been at $10 for this whole sale, and a $2.50 discount on that is not a very great one-day-only deal. So, it's off my list.

Things I'm considering for the future, especially if they get a daily deal:
Indie Fantasy, Future, Kid Packs
UFO Extraterrestrials Gold (On sale for $4.99 now)
Zeno Clash
Wallace and Gromit
Back to the Future (Hey, who knows, they might put it on sale)
Time Gentlemen, Please
Tropico Reloaded
Broken Sword Director's Cut
Railroad Tycoon II, III

Lkr

Ashour said:
Tropico 3 worth it?
same thing I'm wondering about. Ever played a Tropico game before? From what I understand it is a strategy game with missions, and sounds pretty interesting.
right now I'm trying to decide between roller coaster tycoon 2 pack or the roller coaster tycoon3 pack on amazon:lol

Zero-Crescent said:
Steam purchase Get!

Day 6:
X Superbox ($13.49)

Unfortunate that Shank's Daily Deal price was not better, it's been at $10 for this whole sale, and a $2.50 discount on that is not a very great one-day-only deal. So, it's off my list.

Zeno Clash
Wallace and Gromit
Time Gentlemen, Please
Tropico Reloaded
Railroad Tycoon II, III

Also hoping! :D

Truespeed

Is there a big difference between Flatoout UC and Flatout 2? I already own Flatout UC. I think I heard somewhere that Flatout UC was just Flatout 2+

ACE 1991

Just bought Dragon Age! :D

Quick question, however. How does saving work with Steam? I'm currently borrowing my friend's gaming desktop until I get my new laptop on the 3rd. Is/will it be easy to transfer my save to my new machine?

d[-_-]b

Banned
ACE 1991 said:
Just bought Dragon Age! :D

Quick question, however. How does saving work with Steam? I'm currently borrowing my friend's gaming desktop until I get my new laptop on the 3rd. Is/will it be easy to transfer my save to my new machine?
If it saves on the cloud then you have no worries, most games I've played have this.

MikeE21286 said:
really hoping for something like $24.99 on Dragon Age UE.

MW2 for $15 would also be really nice, but considering they already had MW1 at $15, this is likely not happening

MikeE21286 said:
Conviction should be a no-brainer, but after seeing the mild-sale ACII received ($14.99) I'd have to think it would be similar for Conviction. However...the 360 version of Conviction has hovered around sub-$15 for a little while now.

Nailed it...where's my free game Gabe

Chriswok said:
Also hoping! :D
Hopefully, UFO: ETG will go down a bit further. For Broken Sword, at this low price point, the only way I can see the price of it going down is if the triple pack is a daily deal, and they lower the prices of the individual parts in the process.

Wallach

Don't think I'm getting anything today. I already have Batman: AA (and I don't think I want to re-buy the game just for the GotY content), and own MI2 already so I don't think I'll buy the pack just for MI.

Zero-Crescent said:
Hopefully, UFO: ETG will go down a bit further. For Broken Sword, at this low price point, the only way I can see the price of it going down is if the triple pack is a daily deal, and they lower the prices of the individual parts in the process.

Yeah, same for Commandos I think (which has a different discount message saying £2.99 until 2 Jan). £10 for UFO: ETG is still a bit too much for me to bite.

Ceebs

Ashour said:
Tropico 3 worth it?
There is a demo on Steam. It's pretty much Sim Banana Republic or SimCastro if you will. You do all the building and management stuff you would in a Simcity, only with a tongue in cheek vibe.

Lkr

Ceebs said:
There is a demo on Steam. It's pretty much Sim Banana Republic or SimCastro if you will. You do all the building and management stuff you would in a Simcity, only with a tongue in cheek vibe.
is it as boring as SimCity or is there more to do?

I've only played the original flatout for PC and its pretty fun, definitely worth it for a buck, but it doesn't handle gamepads well. I always heard that the others were better.

Bii

I bit on the following:

Tropico 3: Gold Edition
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
FlatOut
FlatOut 2
Blue Toad Murder Files

For a total of ~$43, which brings my grand total for this holiday sale to $155 spent. >_<

OMG Aero

Does anyone have any impressions of Blue toad murder files? I remember seeing a quick look of it ages ago and it looked cool, but that's literally all I've seen of it.

I´m looking a bit at the other titles that haven´t been and probably won´t be daily deals.

Sid Meier's Pirates! - 2,49€ (I already own it, but I feel I should mention it to others).
Sid Meier's Railroads! - 2.49€ (bought it a couple of days ago)
Hitman: Blood Money - 4,9€

What other great non indie titles under 5€ should I look at?

cicero

Zero-Crescent said:
Steam purchase Get!

Day 6:
X Superbox ($13.49)

Zeno Clash
Wallace and Gromit
Time Gentlemen, Please
Tropico Reloaded
Railroad Tycoon II, III
I don't think any of those Indie packs are getting a daily deal...
Tropico Reloaded is already -75% $1.74, exactly how low were you expecting it to get. :lol
Same thing with Railroad Tycoon II Platinum -75% $1.24, and Railroad Tycoon 3 -75% $2.49. There is such a thing as being too cheap. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom