• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truespeed

Nabs said:
i had shit with securom and gta iv. actually, gfwl and rockstar social club all gave me shit with that game. it's why i had to uninstall it :(

damn.

It's funny you mention GTA IV because I also had an issue with it, but I'm not sure whether it was due to SecuROM or GTAIV because I've only seen this behavior in GTA IV. Anyway, what happened was that GTA IV didn't like me running Process Explorer in the background (I always run process explorer because I like to know what's running and what should be killed). That pissed me off because it basically blacklisted Process Explorer (an application by SysInternals/Microsoft). Blacklisting Process Explorer was just plain stupidity on their part.

Truespeed

Unknown Soldier said:
I missed out on Recettear 66% off, looks like the normal sale price is 50% off ($10), should I buy this damn game already?? :lol

Actually, wasn't Recettear part of a $5 pack? So you could have had it for $1. If I knew then what I know now I would have bought the pack in an instant.

Revolutionary said:
This Dragon Age download is starting to get annoying. Not only is it the slowest download speed I've ever experienced on Steam (an average of 300k vs the usual 1.5m+), it's the most inconsistent connection I've ever had while downloading. It stops like several times a minute, for up to several minutes. So yeah, again, it's starting to get annoying. :lol

Sigh.
8 hours since I started and I just hit the 50% mark. Anyone having better luck on a certain server? :\

Who posted that one gif of a similar situation? The end result was, Check Ukraine servers.

mandiller

Bought Altitude and X3 Gold pack.

I haven't bought much these sales. All the games on sale are games that have been featured in previous sales which I already own. I want a really cheap Mafia 2, that's the only thing I'm holding out for.

mandiller said:
I haven't bought much these sales. All the games on sale are games that have been featured in previous sales which I already own. I want a really cheap Mafia 2, that's the only thing I'm holding out for.
You should have jumped on the $12.50 amazon deal. Although it was america only.

Aselith

mandiller said:
Bought Altitude and X3 Gold pack.

It's currently on sale on Amazon for 12.50 and you can register the code on Steam so it's exactly as if you bought it there. Merry Christmas!

Lostconfused said:
You should have jumped on the $12.50 amazon deal. Although it was america only.

It's still available.

atomsk said:
I was on the Washington DC server all day, I'm not sure what time it finished cause I was out of the house till 9:30pm, but I started at 1pm when the sale went up. (all times EST)
You must have been one of the first to buy or something. :lol Same ~300ish speeds.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Who posted that one gif of a similar situation? The end result was, Check Ukraine servers.
I can honestly say I've never seen that gif. Either way, solid advice. It hasn't dropped and is averaging 700 on it so it's a step up. :lol Still a far cry from my usual speeds but this'll do for now. Thanks!

EDIT: :lol Nice.

Revolutionary said:
Y

I can honestly say I've never seen that gif. Either way, solid advice. It hasn't dropped and is averaging 700 on it so it's a step up. :lol Still a far cry from my usual speeds but this'll do for now. Thanks!

G9Aph.jpg

Ydahs

Finally found my credit card. First game to buy will be Tropico 3!

Games I wanted but missed out on the deals:
- Super Meat Boy
- Darksiders
- Bad Company 2
- Just Cause 2
- Lara Croft

... good thing I lost it.

Jirotrom

Aselith said:
It's currently on sale on Amazon for 12.50 and you can register the code on Steam so it's exactly as if you bought it there. Merry Christmas!

It's still available.
i dont see it for that price...

Lkr

my friend is giving me $20 max for a game. what should i get?!
unfortunately I can't get bfbc2 vietnam since I don't have it on steam :(

Flunkie

Banned
What's your favorite FlatOut, guys? I have fond memories of FlatOut 1 being a more rally-like, rugged racer, while Ultimate Carnage is the Redneck Burnout that is tons of fun.

sn00zer

Lkr said:
my friend is giving me $20 max for a game. what should i get?!
unfortunately I can't get bfbc2 vietnam since I don't have it on steam :(
For $10 bucks Ive gotten OVerlord 1+2 as well as an expansion pack, plus Arkum Asylum...Id say buy 4 games youve been wanting to play that came out last year instead of $20 on one from this year

sn00zer

These deals are insane...seriously...i dont think i'll ever pay more than $15 for a PC game ever again
EDIT: Unless its HL3

Lkr

kai3345 said:
Vanilla DAO + Batman!
Already bought Batman myself, otherwise I would have hopped right on it. I convinced him to paypal me the money so I could get Vietnam on EA store(I have non steam version) and I bought him a game with the change. He wasn't expecting that, so good day for both of us:D

Lkr said:
do the episodes run better than GTA 4 regular?

They run the same. Unfortunately if you already own GTA4 then buy the episodes it comes out to a 32gb installation. If you buy the complete edition all 3 are only 16gb's.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I <3 Memes said:
They run the same. Unfortunately if you already own GTA4 then buy the episodes it comes out to a 32gb installation. If you buy the complete edition all 3 are only 16gb's.
Yeah, I don't see why anyone would do that since your essentially downloading the whole city... twice. Plus a few small, new assets. Emphasis on few.

enzo_gt said:
Yeah, I don't see why anyone would do that since your essentially downloading the whole city... twice. Plus a few small, new assets. Emphasis on few.

Well if you already owned GTA4 you dont have any choice. Some real lack of foresight from Rock* when it came to how the episodes work.

Blizzard

Banned
kai3345 said:
its worth less than that.

game was garbage
I shall speak for a different opinion and say that it is a neat, quirky indie platform/puzzle game and worth at least $2-5!

Dice said:
This is me not buying Flatout because of shitty music.
I think I was the same way with the music in the Dogfighter trailer, but someone gifted me the game ANYWAY. :lol

kai3345

Banned
Blizzard said:
I shall speak for a different opinion and say that it is a neat, quirky indie platform/puzzle game and worth at least $2-5!
meh, I couldn't get into it. I guess im not much of a platformer guy. a platformer has to be reaaaaalllllyyy good for me to get into it, like Super Meat Boy.

Rorschach

Dreohboy said:
Fuck Steam.

I have 34 games on STEAM.

Finished...NONE. :lol

I haven't even beaten Red Faction Guerilla which I bought LAST year.

Fucking compulsive buyer.:lol
You think that's bad? I've bought Civ IV complete... IV times. -_- I'm such a buffoon.

gotee12

Currently downloading Shattered Union. Am I mistaken in that I get sort of a Dai Senryaku vibe from it? I loved that game...

sfried

kai3345 said:
meh, I couldn't get into it. I guess im not much of a platformer guy. a platformer has to be reaaaaalllllyyy good for me to get into it, like Super Meat Boy.
Well, considering I paid a $1 for Shaq-fu...

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Come on Last Remnant be on front page sale tomorrow! I know its 20 but still too much for an old game :/

Nothing seemed interesting today but I still spent 10 dollars on some indie games :lol

LCfiner

I pretty much got everything I wanted from this sale.

I guess it would be nice to have Metro 2033 go on sale for a ridiculous price but I won't have a machine that can really play it at an impressive level till late next year so no rush.

Now I need to spend the rest of my vacation working though Just Cause 2, Lara Croft, Alpha Protocol, Super Meat boy, Wings of prey, Red faction: guerilla, Tropico 3 and Fallout: NV.

and Bully and Darksiders... forgot about those

Plus I'm also knee deep in a Mass Effect re-play.

oh dear...

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I've bought most everything I want. The only games I still desire are The Last Remnant and Europa Universalis 3, neither of which I believe will be be daily deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom