• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

still kinda sad i slept on New Vegas deal, see if i can scoop it up through a deal for @ $25 on the sale's last day.

today was just Batman GOTY and The Wonderful End of the World, $5 for a katamari rip sounds about right.

my windows/program files partition doesn't have enough room for batman, witcher, etc - how do you guys do this? my other drive totally does not sure how to get steam to look somewhere else for certain titles.

Tideas

Banned
besides X3, what is that one other space game where it's like an S3 game? Strategy, simulation and a third S. forgot what it's called

that game is apparently really deepand crap. anyone know what i'm taling about?

Blizzard

Banned
Tideas said:
besides X3, what is that one other space game where it's like an S3 game? Strategy, simulation and a third S. forgot what it's called

that game is apparently really deepand crap. anyone know what i'm taling about?
You might be thinking of the for-pay multiplayer game EVE Online.

Tideas

Banned
Blizzard said:
You might be thinking of the for-pay multiplayer game EVE Online.

nah, not that. it was a single player. it went on sale on steam, but people bought it so fast that for some reason it was stopped being on sale.

this was during the summer sales.

Or maybe it was X3.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I <3 Memes said:
Well if you already owned GTA4 you dont have any choice. Some real lack of foresight from Rock* when it came to how the episodes work.
Oh sorry, didn't know it was this way. Wow, that's a terrible decision, why the hell did R* insist on having it retail as a separate package and just roll with that over proper DLC support on PC aside from the complete package?

kai3345

Banned
So steam gave me 2 CD keys for Dragon Age, I registered the first one to my bioware account but it still says all of my dlc is unregistered

~Kinggi~

Banned
kai3345 said:
So steam gave me 2 CD keys for Dragon Age, I registered the first one to my bioware account but it still says all of my dlc is unregistered
Where do CD keys come into play with the steam version of Dragon Age? Im not at my steam client yet but i just bought DA ultimate and i didnt see anything for an email.

jediyoshi

enzo_gt said:
Oh sorry, didn't know it was this way. Wow, that's a terrible decision, why the hell did R* insist on having it retail as a separate package and just roll with that over proper DLC support on PC aside from the complete package?

They can make more money when they can sell something standalone. After that, it's probably not financially worth the development time to implement it as a mod compared to the bandwidth costs of making everyone download everything again (which they wouldn't have to foot the bill for anyway).

Varna

Does the GOTY edition of Batman feature anything new other then challenge maps? I have the original and love it... but is it worth it?

LQX

Varna said:
Does the GOTY edition of Batman feature anything new other then challenge maps? I have the original and love it... but is it worth it?
Not really unless you really liked playing those challenges.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Varna said:

If you're a live achievement whore, unless Im mistaken, GOTY edition is listed seperately from the reg version, so you can earn all the achievement points again.

Besides that and challenge maps, no.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
:lol I'm so glad I passed on Darksiders the other day. My parents who haven't given me a game since the NES days gave me both Darksiders and Assassin's Creed 2 for the 360 for Christmas. Seriously my jaw hit the floor.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I <3 Memes said:
Damn that was lucky of you to pass on it.

What do you guys think the chances are that Bad Company2: Vietnam or Bejeweled 3 go on sale?
Bejeweled 3 and Vietnam are 0% I'd say. You're not going to see any daily deals on games that aren't already discounted.

d[-_-]b

Banned
kai3345 said:
so after 12 hours. DRAGON AGE IS DONE DOWNLOADING YEA BITCHES
Lucky after 12 hours i'm 14 gigs down :(, and 10 to go... 2 hours to go might as well start some other dls before going to sleep, since I have work in the morning.

Blizzard

Banned
Jive Turkey said:
Bejeweled 3 and Vietnam are 0% I'd say. You're not going to see any daily deals on games that aren't already discounted.
(And the Longest Journey/Dreamfall/Bloodline games, despite being years old, aren't already discounted. Ergo... ;_;)

Tideas

Banned
anyone wanna answer my previous question?

Also, i'm having a hard time running a game off of steam. i downloadeded it, and when i go to play it, it own't launch?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Metalic Sand said:
What do i have to do to get bloodlines for a steam sale. What does Gabe want sacrificed.

Has anyone actually emailed Gabe over bloodlines? Wonder if he would respond :lol

jediyoshi

I <3 Memes said:
Wow. Way to go easy on me guys. :lol

If Vietnam were to go on sale, I would imagine EA would be doing it themselves. It was down to a couple of euros in the UK store for a while. If their billing system wasn't so borked I would've snatched a copy myself.

Metalic Sand said:
What do i have to do to get bloodlines for a steam sale. What does Gabe want sacrificed.

It's not up to Gabe when or for how much non Valve games go on sale.

You are going to have to ask this guy

29vmkih.gif

Xamdou

kai3345 said:

The first one is your CD-Key to register the game. The second one is to register all your DLC content.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So, is there any working fix for the Darksiders Joypad camera bug? Can't move the camera with the second analog, because I've got no 360 pad in reach :(

verbatimo

I managed to play Red Faction Guerilla about 5 hours before I lost interest. Game is way too repetive atleast the mission structure. The physics engine is quite good and destroying buildings look great but game needs more variety.

G_Berry

Banned
verbatimo said:
I managed to play Red Faction Guerilla about 5 hours before I lost interest. Game is way too repetive atleast the mission structure. The physics engine is quite good and destroying buildings look great but game needs more variety.

Agree. It's feels like nothing but a tech demo.

You did well to last 5 hours lol.

KuroNeeko

Blizzard said:
(And the Longest Journey/Dreamfall/Bloodline games, despite being years old, aren't already discounted. Ergo... ;_;)

WTF! Why did you have to pick the ONLY 3 games on my wishlist?

(Oh wait, forgot Aquaria...)

How much better is X3: Terran Conflict than X3: Reunion? I know the difference is only $3.40, but I'm trying to cut down some when it comes to games that it's likely I'll never put any real time into.

Parham

Banned
DeVeAn said:
How does Red Faction run on PC? Love the destruction in the game is it a decent port?
I ran the game fine on my old setup (3.0 GHz C2D, HD4850, 2GB RAM). As far as how it controls with a keyboard and mouse, I'm not entirely sure. I played the game entirely using a Xbox 360 controller.

DeVeAn said:
How does Red Faction run on PC? Love the destruction in the game is it a decent port?

great destruction, excellent port.
you get the gameplay in 30 seconds, so its great to play for 30mins at a time. the difficulty ramps up after the first section but so does your firepower.

stick with it and you will be rewarded.
eg: level red alert, tanks and helo's chasing me, i take them to a bridge, then use the antimaterial rifle to take out the bridge supports, jet pack over their heads dropping remote charges. land&detonate: 3fps due to the amount of calamity.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Templar Wizard said:
stick with it and you will be rewarded.
eg: level red alert, tanks and helo's chasing me, i take them to a bridge, then use the antimaterial rifle to take out the bridge supports, jet pack over their heads dropping remote charges. land&detonate: 3fps due to the amount of calamity.
Fail. Best solution: whip out the arc welder and fry the tank driver. Get in tank and blow the hell out of everything the EDF sends at you.

Though it is pretty fun sniping the wings/tail off aircraft with the nanoforge.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Seems like UK gaf is still asleep or they just can't be bothered checking the gifting thread.

Anyone here from the US able to gift me DA ultimate? I have paypal and all that jazz. Thanks.

Luthos

I already have Dragon Age: Origins on PS3, not sure if I want to double dip and get the Ultimate Edition for PC. Technically it should play pretty differently from the console... hmm...

Dynoro

Tideas said:
nah, not that. it was a single player. it went on sale on steam, but people bought it so fast that for some reason it was stopped being on sale.

this was during the summer sales.

Or maybe it was X3.
You may mean Sins of a Solar Empire - but that's on Impulse not Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom