• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Games I felt bad I missed were Witcher, Lara Croft and Darksiders..

I'll definitely get Witcher, but are Lara Croft and Darksiders good on the PC? I have a wireless 360 pad I can use, but I don't know if I should just buy them for 360?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dynoro said:
I'm really trying to hold off on AC2 atm (bought too many Steam deals recently so aiming not to spend over £6-7 on any one game) but I doubt I'll hold out for another 24 hours :lol
Seriously, it's quite possibly the best game I have played this year.

The variety they pack in to the game + the incredible cities to explore is like cocaine.

...I was up till 4 last night playing it and it was all I did this morning... and I am going to continue playing it now.

Firebrand

YFFy0.jpg

eHE7a.jpg

EDIT: Beaten by Cistm!

Alucrid

Banned
duckroll said:
This is the Steam Sale equivalent of a recap episode in a TV series. It's quite natural that those following it every day are disappointed because it means there's no new content. Yes, it's good for those who haven't been keeping up, which is the point, but still, it's disappointing there's nothing new today! :)

:lol

I logged in and said, "Wait, BF:BC2 is on sale? I thought it already was..."

Stallion Free said:
Everyone should go buy Assassin's Creed 2. Shit is mind-blowing.

I have put 16 hours into it since it went on sale last week.

Just crack the DRM if you don't like it.

BUY IT.

If I have to either crack a game, or rely on additional DRM servers, then several points of buying games through Steam are lost. I´ll pass on that, and I would do the same even if it also was sold for 0,99 euro by mistake.

Joe Molotov

duckroll said:
This is the Steam Sale equivalent of a recap episode in a TV series. It's quite natural that those following it every day are disappointed because it means there's no new content. Yes, it's good for those who haven't been keeping up, which is the point, but still, it's disappointing there's nothing new today! :)

Actually, I'm kind of happy that there's nothing new today. My wallet lives to fight another day! :D

I wonder why Steam keeps on getting their prices wrong. Valve pack, DMC 4 and the Witcher all got up in price. Is the guy typing in the prices high on eggnog or what?

Sanjay

Stallion Free said:

The variety they pack in to the game + the incredible cities to explore is like cocaine.

...I was up till 4 last night playing it and it was all I did this morning... and I am going to continue playing it now.

Ah fuck man I think this just decided what game I'm going to play next after I finish up with Fallout: New Vegas.

Volcynika

MehsterChief said:
I wonder why Steam keeps on getting their prices wrong. Valve pack, DMC 4 and the Witcher all got up in price. Is the guy typing in the prices high on eggnog or what?

Humans aren't perfect. Valve is not a robot!

Ceebs

Sgt.Pepper said:
If those are the best deals of the week, then I'm kind of happy both Lara and SMB sold well.
Guardian of Light is fantastic and deserves every sale it gets. I have already logged like 12 hours on it since I picked it up earlier in the week.

Firebrand

Tain said:
So how is Wings of Prey? I don't know shit about flight sims, are there better modern ones?

There's a demo on Steam that I thought was fun, but it has StarForce or whatever they call it nowadays, so no sale here.

Dynoro

Stallion Free said:

Think I'm gonna have to dip in then - the DRM hasn't been as much of a worry as I thought it would with Settlers 7 or Splinter Cell

Unicorn

If I'm not a HUGE fan of platformers is SMB going to help me like them better? :lol

I mean, I played the demo on 360 and felt frustrated by one level with sawblades all over the walls and the fact that I had to wiggle in the air just perfectly to make it through the gap, then wiggle again to land on a platform.

Is the whole game like this or does it become more interesting?

Volcynika said:
Humans aren't perfect. Valve is not a robot!

Sure, that's why I can see this happening once, maybe even twice. After that, you'd think that they are extra careful and think: Oh shit, we better not fuck this up again. Gabe's gonna be so pissed, we'll be doing new TF2 hats till the end of days.

Firebrand

tahrikmili said:
I'll definitely get Witcher, but are Lara Croft and Darksiders good on the PC? I have a wireless 360 pad I can use, but I don't know if I should just buy them for 360?

Lara works great on PC with the controller. Slight lag when picking up items etc but I assume the netcode is the same as on the console versions. I would gladly have paid €15 for it if it had launched with the co-op implemented.

EDIT: Last time I checked there were _no_ public games in the server browser, so pick whichever platform your friends are on.

Unicorn said:
If I'm not a HUGE fan of platformers is SMB going to help me like them better? :lol

I mean, I played the demo on 360 and felt frustrated by one level with sawblades all over the walls and the fact that I had to wiggle in the air just perfectly to make it through the gap, then wiggle again to land on a platform.

Is the whole game like this or does it become more interesting?
You will kill yourself playing it. Don't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom