• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
OK. I have $8.79 and I have decided not to add more money to my steam wallet so I don't go to the poor house.

The choices:

Super Meat Boy: $3.75
The Witcher: $4.99
Battlefield BC2: $6.80

WHAT TO DO. I could get SMB and Witcher and be right at my limit.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Mass Effect 2 is 9.99 today!
(it was 25 for me the other day, the Deluxe Edition is 30 though)

Got Batman AA, Flatout UC, and Civ IV Complete as well :D

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
They could've at least put Railworks 2 back on sale for today's batch. I regret not purchasing that now. It looks like the perfect "I'm piss drunk, time to play something!" game.

Wallach

Wellington said:
OK. I have $8.79 and I have decided not to add more money to my steam wallet so I don't go to the poor house.

The choices:

Definitely get SMB and The Witcher. That is value city compared to only getting BC2.

Unicorn said:
I mean, I played the demo on 360 and felt frustrated by one level with sawblades all over the walls and the fact that I had to wiggle in the air just perfectly to make it through the gap, then wiggle again to land on a platform.

Is the whole game like this or does it become more interesting?

I'd say it's not the game for you.

As for today's deals. I already bought most of them I wanted, but I might go ahead and double-dip on Darksiders. I talked myself out of it the first time but since they keep waving it around in my face...

Aselith

tahrikmili said:
Games I felt bad I missed were Witcher, Lara Croft and Darksiders..

I'll definitely get Witcher, but are Lara Croft and Darksiders good on the PC? I have a wireless 360 pad I can use, but I don't know if I should just buy them for 360?

And so the process of missing out on a deal begins anew.

Ryn

Picked up the Witcher. Eh for $5, why not?

Total shit bought on steam:
$11.23 + $7.99 + $4.99 = $24.41!

Augh STEAM stop taking my money :[[

1-D_FTW

Wellington said:

The choices:

If you like online shooters, it's pretty damn good. Just be warned that it's rage inducing B.S. that you don't start with any special equipment and have to grind your way up. Finally begun unlocking stuff of consequence and now that I've got a scope for my engi's gun, I'm enjoying the game 100 times more.

EDIT: Knock on wood that I've solved my punkbuster issues.

Wellington said:

The choices:

SMB and the Witcher. Do it. No, seriously. Go and buy it now. What are you waiting for??!?!

Ceebs said:
Do I need to get Vietnam if I am getting BC2? If so what is my cheapest option.
Bad Company 2 itself is a massive game and doesn't really require Vietnam unless you are burned by the maps.

Cheapest option: Steam i.e. $6.80
Cheapest option (if you're buying both): Steam + Vietnam via EA UK Store i.e. $6.80 + $11.20 = $18

Dizzy-4U said:
It came back to haunt us all D:

This, seriously. Damnit.

Okay, does Darksiders have full 360 pad support? I almost hope the answer is no so I can justify not buying it, but I suspect before the day ends, I will be booting it up.

Volcynika said:
Well at least this will stop the "DO YOU GUYS THINK IT'LL GO ON SALE AGAIN" for this week's sales. :lol

I was kind of hoping to wait until the 2nd though. No I feel under pressure to buy Batman AA while it's still 7.50 instead of waiting to see if something else comes up that I want more.

Re-runs? Meh!

And not only that, they no longer have the "If you have game X then it is an extra 10% off for you!" (Both AC2 and DR2 no longer have the extra discount.)

LCfiner

purvispisgah said:
This, seriously. Damnit.

Okay, does Darksiders have full 360 pad support? I almost hope the answer is no so I can justify not buying it, but I suspect before the day ends, I will be booting it up.
Full support. Sorry, dude. You have no choice now.

Wellington said:

The choices:

I would go for BC2. Everybody says the multi is pretty damn good. I havent gone online with it yet but I will say that the guns in the single player sound better than any guns have ever sounded in a game. It's amazing just how much of an impact that has on your enjoyment of a game.

Ceebs

purvispisgah said:
This, seriously. Damnit.

Sorry, but it has full native 360 pad support.

sn00zer

Only RPG Ive played to completion in the past 10ish year is Mass Effect 1+2.... how is the Witcher?

Currently deciding between the Witcher and Darksiders....

I have no idea why you people are complaining about darksiders. I mean the moment it went on sale that's the game I bought and was worry free until the next day.

sn00zer said:
Only RPG Ive played to completion in the past 10ish year is Mass Effect 1+2.... how is the Witcher?

Currently deciding between the Witcher and Darksiders....
I loved it. Very lengthy, cool characters, and different. Get it.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Aw fuck I wanted to buy SMB but my Visa is being declined due to the constant purchases. God dammit :lol :lol

Crap crap I wanted it :lol

confused

Banned
Seen as today is a bust with stupid repeat deals, Let's fill a few pages with useless numbers. What's everybody's damage so far ? And how many games you bought were on your wishlist ?

I spent just over 110 got 40 something games and managed to whittle down my wishlist from 44 down to 22 games.

Hoping for Crysis and Far Cry next.

Dambrosi

Banned
So, on the Sabbath day, Gabe rested. :lol

To anyone who hasn't bought Lara, Darksiders or The Witcher already - at those prices, why not? GOGOGOOOOOOOOOOOO

(and don't forget to get Burnout Paradise PC for free from the UK EA store, there's a thread about it - HERE)

And in answer to Confused's question:

Deus Ex Collection
Mass Effect 2 (gifted by Azentium the NeoGAF gifting machine)
Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
Shattered Union
Darksiders
Flatout: Ultimate Carnage

Not sure how much that tallies to, but it's much less than £20. A good sale for me, so far.

biocat

I really liked Darksiders on the PS3, and the PC port is supposed to be even better.
You know you want it! Also has full 360-pad compatibility and Steam Achievements.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
biocat said:
I really liked Darksiders on the PS3, and the PC port is supposed to be even better.
You know you want it! Also has full 360-pad compatibility and Steam Achievements.

its an amazing game. CPU heavy though! so if you have a crappy CPU like me expect some drops.

Diablohead said:
next person to quote me get's a copy of Super Meat Boy, i'm feeling good today :)

God dammit Shagg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom