• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn00zer

Here something weird for US people....At Office Max you can get Merc 2 or Far Cry 2 or Assassins Creed 1 or Tomb Raider: legend/Underworld/Anniversary for $10 each

But they aren't bringing back the special price on games like DR2 and AC2 if you own a related game...that's too bad. =/ AC2 is the only game I regret missing but I want my extra two-fitty off, Gabe. ;p

Anyway. Perfect excuse to buy AI War, which has been on the edge of my radar for some time. Shame about the DLC costing more than the game, though...maybe I'll just pick up the first one.

edit: Looks like 100% of the proceeds from the AI War expansion Children of Neinzul go to Child's Play. That's kind of awesome.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
On a side note....

I just received an actual surprise gift.
Goddammit Volcy :lol Thanks =P

Its so nice to see the You have a Gift window pop out of all the sudden.

Now, how do I get to fix my Visa with steam? :lol

Damage so far:

Darksiders - $10
X3: Terran Conflict - $6.80
Overlord Complete Pack - $3
Aliens vs Predator - $5
Bully: Scholarship Edition - $3.75
Defense Grid: The Awakening - $2
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year - $20.99
Super Meat Boy - $3.75
Just Cause 2 - $7.50 (bought in lead-up scavenger sale thing, but I'm still counting it)
Metro 2033 - $10 (same as above)
Mass Effect 2 - $7.99 (bought from Gamersgate)
Nail'd - $10 (bought from Amazon)

Total: $90.78

I regret nothing!

IMACOMPUTA

anyone pick up wings of prey?
the demo seemed pretty good. The game is beautiful...
Is there a way to get it working well with a 360 pad?

Corto

Tryckser said:
Indie Deal is AI War. If you like large-scale strategy games, BUY IT!

THANK YOU! I quickly browsed the first page and forgot to check the indie daily deal! That was on my wishlist too! Bought. :D

IMACOMPUTA said:
anyone pick up wings of prey?
the demo seemed pretty good. The game is beautiful...
Is there a way to get it working well with a 360 pad?
I'm tempted to buy it cheap just to play around and take screenshots, very pretty game.

sn00zer

Kay so I dont want to spend more than $20 (but would like to spend all 20 of it :D )
What to do

-Darksiders (loved Okami seems right up my ally)
-The Witcher (havent played an RPG in years)
-RE5 (love actiony games)
-Burnout Paradise (Its fuckin Burnout)
-Just Cause 2 (demo was fun)

I like shorter actiony games just because I dont have a whole lotta time being in my last year of college (hece why im a little shaky on getting the Witcher)

mantidor

Should I get ME2? I enjoyed the first more than I expected because I'm not that much into RPGs, but if ME2 has a bunch of DLC not included on the sale I'll rather wait for the super mega pack with all included that will surely happen sometime next year.

confused

Banned
Forgotten_Taco said:
I've spent far too much already. Some one tell me it's ok to pass on Dead Rising 2 since I won't play it until next year anyway.

Don't buy it. I bought it for 16 the other day. You're getting shafted. (Hope it helps.)

platypotamus said:
One day, someone will be giving away a game on GAF, and the person who "wins" it will already own it, they just forgot.

When you send the gift to a SteamID though, it tells you if the person already owns the game.

Aselith

platypotamus said:
One day, someone will be giving away a game on GAF, and the person who "wins" it will already own it, they just forgot.

Already happened a couple of days ago when I tried to give away Left 4 Dead 2. It happened two times.

gregor7777 said:
When you send the gift to a SteamID though, it tells you if the person already owns the game.

I tried to give BF2 to my brother via Steam ID and it didn't tell me he had it. Had to regift it.

Aselith said:
Already happened a couple of days ago when I tried to give away Left 4 Dead 2. It happened two times.

I tried to give BF2 to my brother via Steam ID and it didn't tell me he had it. Had to regift it.

Strange, it tells me right below their ID in the gift window.

Forgotten_Taco said:
I've spent far too much already. Some one tell me it's ok to pass on Dead Rising 2 since I won't play it until next year anyway.

It's not okay. Look at that library. There is a GAPING HOLE in your collection....see it? Do you really want that haunting you between now and whenever you actually get around to playing it?

Volcynika

undecided said:
I meant to buy Batman before the switchover today, but lost track of time.

Maybe it will come back around on the last day...

Probably not. The next best of will be this coming week's best deals most likely.

jediyoshi

echoshifting said:
It's not okay. Look at that library. There is a GAPING HOLE in your collection....see it? Do you really want that haunting you between now and whenever you actually get around to playing it?

STOP IT D:

...well that was shitty. Tropico 3: Gold Edition was listed for $6.00 (USD). When I made the purchase, I received a receipt of $19.99 (USD). Right after, I returned to the store page only to be greeted by a $9.99 (USD) price tag. Hopefully Steam support contacts me right away with a difference on the return. :/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/23490/

Peff

scitek said:
What kind of game is The Witcher comparable to?

It's kinda like a hardcore Fable but not really. It's also similar to the 3D Bioware stuff but with more freedom. There's a demo, you should probably check that out.

Cruzader

Banned
Holy shit, The Witcher is back!! Gonna buy it!!

Also not a huge steam user but I'd appreciate some Gaf invites plz! Id: silentmastermind

Let me know if I need to post like a full link to my name or something.

kennah

echoshifting said:
See that? Right there? That's where _______ would be. I want you to remember that, every time you look at your library, every day between now and the next time it goes on sale. Which might be...I don't know, never?
Think of all the fun you could have scrolling past it in your list!

So this means I've double dipped on Super Meat Boy. Oh Steam.
Giving me heart pressure and rage since 2004, even if it was for very different reasons.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Just traded in my TR Anniversary from GMG for 10 bucks and able to buy Blood Bowl Legendary for another 10.

GODDAMNIT YES :D

Salsa

oBpr8.png

THAT'S RIGHT IM GOING THERE

wish me luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom