• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

ok, so i got crysis pack on the cheap (thanks again, Zeitgeister!), question still stands: would someone who loved SimCity on SNES dig 4? i know there's tutorials & such, just wondering.

DOOM pack looks too good to say no to.

Sophia

Artofwar420 said:
What to do.

darkpaladinmfc said:
I heavily disagree. I played Doom II for the first time last summer and was amazed by it. Classic Doom is just so fast-paced and fun, being able to dodge most enemy attacks also makes the game, and especially harder difficulties, much more fun. Just enable proper mouselook and you're gravy.

I agree with his disagreement. As long as you get true mosuelook, Doom and Doom 2 hold up extremely well for classic oldschool style FPSes (Think Serious Sam or Painkiller, except better)

The best way to play it would be to buy it and then run it through say... ZDoom or Doom Legacy.

Beth Cyra

Woot.

Made out pretty good this year. Mass Effect 2, Dead Rising 2, and Crysis Maximum.

The only thing that was on my list I didn't see go on sale is Vampire.

Salsa

Hey, friend of mine wants the Crysis pack as cheap as possible (that being Europe = 5 euros)

Can a Euro gaffer help my friend ? he'll be able to Paypal right now, or buy a game of the same price.

edit: NEVERMIND! taken care of :)

1-D_FTW

Jokey665 said:
I just did the math... I've spent over 250 dollars on this fucking sale already. FUCK :lol

Rule #2: Never do the math.

In case it's not obvious, Rule #1 is never buy games that aren't a daily deal until the last day

SalsaShark said:
Its only worth it for Doom 3 IMO, wich weirdly isnt cheaper

Lets face it, you probably wont play the first 2 Dooms..
If I didn't own doom1 (and soon to own doom2) on xbox live i'd be all over the steam deal, classic doom is still awesome!

IrishNinja

SalsaShark said:

Lets face it, you probably wont play the first 2 Dooms..

*looks at growing queue of like 100 unplayed games* YOU NEVER KNOW

prolly right...tell me of sim city 4 though!

Weenerz

Banned
IrishNinja said:
ok, so i got crysis pack on the cheap (thanks again, Zeitgeister!), question still stands: would someone who loved SimCity on SNES dig 4? i know there's tutorials & such, just wondering.

DOOM pack looks too good to say no to.

Doom pack isn't that good. Doom 3 does not support widescreen out of the box, and the game itself isnt that good.

Came into this sale wanting Meat Boy and Batman and only having 15 dollars to spend

Ended with

Super Meatboy (3.75)
Batman: AA GOTY (7.50)
Humble Bundle 2 (1.00)
Humble Bundle 1 (Free!)
Worms: Reloaded (10.00)
Killing Floor Complete (7.50)
Mirror's Edge (5.00)
PB Winterbottom (0.50)

Total: 35.25 for 16 games

Yikes!

I think I'm done. There aren't even any more Steam games I kind of wanted in the back of my mind.

IrishNinja

Weenerz said:
Doom pack isn't that good. Doom 3 does not support widescreen out of the box, and the game itself isnt that good.

oh? can it be modded to be widescreen then? still, classic Doom sounds fun as well.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yasae said:
Mine hasn't loaded for almost two weeks. Maybe they're disabling less used features during this server crunch.
I havent had any issues with this this week. I go to the 'My Account" area on the website. Loads fine.

Remy

Set up a NeoGAF Agency in GA. Anyone who picks it up during the sale should PM me their character name for an invite.

I've played for about 1.5 hours and I'm already level 11. Enjoying the skill tree. Partnered up with some German guy to get through some quests. Still enjoying it!

Ceebs

I really want a cheap copy of TR:Underworld in this sale I can double dip on. My retail disc got mangled by a bad DVD drive. I will however gladly take the a 3 pack for cheap too.

Salsa

Unknown Soldier said:
LOL, you wished for Crysis, and behold, Crysis arrived! Yeah, I bought it too. :lol

I wished for Far Cry 2 and they gave me what everyone calls its "spiritual sequel".

Still not what i want :(

bought it though

Fredescu

Remy said:
Set up a NeoGAF Agency in GA. Anyone who picks it up during the sale should PM me their character name for an invite.

I've played for about 1.5 hours and I'm already level 11. Enjoying the skill tree. Partnered up with some German guy to get through some quests. Still enjoying it!
I know it's meant to be a party based game and all, but is there any solo content?

IrishNinja said:
oh? can it be modded to be widescreen then? still, classic Doom sounds fun as well.
It doesn't even need to be modded, it's just some ini file settings.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
SalsaShark said:

Lets face it, you probably wont play the first 2 Dooms.

wut. DOOM and DOOM 2 are timeless classics and are easily playable now and days with ZDOOM.

Salsa

Archie said:
wut. DOOM and DOOM 2 are timeless classics and are easily playable now and days with ZDOOM.

Half the people here play most of the steam games they buy, im just saying that he's priorities probably put Doom really low on his backlog.

Crysis is nearly finished downloading and I would like to know you guys opinions on settings for it.

I have a ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB. 4 GB RAM. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.5 GHz.

I have a 1920 x 1080 monitor but don't mind playing at 1280 x 720 (is that 720p) unless you guys say I can run at 1080p. You could also recommend any other 16:9 resolution. I would like it to run at at least 40 frames per second for my taste of smoothness.

Really hope some kind of a fun action game goes on sale tomorrow, or at least soon. Could use a bit of a mindless kill/blow things up break from the massive doses of RPG I've been getting.

amrod

I want

- Need For Speed Shift
- Call of Duty: War Chest
- Call of Duty: World at War
- Wolfenstein
- Singularity
- Lost Planet
- Dark Void
- Dark Void Zero

All other Lego Games... and probably 20 more ;)

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Well I just bought Bioshock, £3.00 for such a game is ridiculous.

19 games, 48 hours. Jesus christ man, the actual purchasing is more addictive than playing. :lol

Stil waiting for left 4 dead bundle to hit that 7 quid mark.

Bought Crysis Warhead. I'm pondering buying the original for convenience purposes but I'm pushing the limit of my budget.

Stupid irresistible convenience :(

also lol at both Crysis games being $3.74 on the AU store. Almost makes up for $90 Fallout New Vegas :lol

Blablurn

ah, fuck it. i'm buying both crysis games. even though i don't know if they run proper on my laptop.

when i tried the crysis demo it kinda worked with some reduced settings :lol we'll see. i think this will be my final deal.

Grayman

CrashPrime said:
Sadly, they are not. Doom I/II really do not hold up well. I grew up on Wolf3d and Doom and even the nostalgia is lost on those games after playing modern era FPS with proper freelook.

If it was the Quake pack, it'd be worth twice the asking price. Those games are still an absolute riot.
you shut your mouth

Damn. Crysis is pretty freaking great. Glad I made that purchase. It still looks quite good running on Medium settings on my Macbook Pro.

Salsa

toasty_T said:
also lol at both Crysis games being $3.74 on the AU store. Almost makes up for $90 Fallout New Vegas :lol

Even cheaper than in the UK store ?

QVLpK.gif

I'm sorry, I'm sure this has been asked at least a dozen times...

Can I gift the first two parts of King's Bounty to a friend if I buy Platinum? Or is Platinum sort of its own thing? Does anybody know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom