• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Bro

Banned
kazuma_pt said:
i already own oddworld's oddysee and exodus, does anyone know if they count as duplicates and if i can offer them after buying the oddboxx?
Pretty sure you can gift them afterwards (and if you can... :O).

However, I think I'll only be getting Stranger's Wrath from that pack. Roommate has Munch's Odyssey and the original two aren't things I'd wish to spend money on (because the demo's are hard).

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Can anyone else not access most of the indie packs?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Still debating whether or not I should pick up Super Meat Boy or wait for that Indie Potato Pack that was leaked to get it with Amnesia, Ball, AAAAAA, and some other games. What do you guys think? The pack doesn't show like the others though, maybe the big $20 pack will change daily?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I bet Valve is not going to tell the 100 games three winners until after the Xmas Deals.

Dude is gonna be like "oh fuck I bought way too many games on Steam, but at least I have a nice backlog" and Valve will be "oh by the way, you won 100 games!"

Thanks to all you guys for the Civ IV info. I got Super Meat Boy as well and played a couple levels, but I don't really understand the mechanics of the game yet. I got stuck on the 3rd level...

Nelo Ice

Banned
Nabs said:
it's 3.75 dude.

yeah nearly as cheap as all the other indie games ive bought yet most of em ended up being n ipacks so i ended up rebuying them to get other games and paying even more :lol

Corto

SolarPowered said:
Someone mentioned that the hearts of iron games are great if you want to learn about the history of Europe(in the context of war) and they're on deal right now.

Should I bite?

I'm on the same boat. I'm debating with my self if I buy the entire Paradox catalog or wait for daily deals on the ones I really want though...

Nabs

Luthos said:
Crysis Maximum Edition is $29.99. Should I get it now, or do you think it'll get cheaper later on?
i got it for 13 last year. there's no rush to grab it now.

Nelo Ice said:
yeah nearly as cheap as all the other indie games ive bought yet most of em ended up being n ipacks so i ended up rebuying them to get other games and paying even more :lol

forget i said anything.

Bungieware said:
Thanks to all you guys for the Civ IV info. I got Super Meat Boy as well and played a couple levels, but I don't really understand the mechanics of the game yet. I got stuck on the 3rd level...

there's a run button. use a 360 pad if you have one.

Kusagari

I've been wanting to get Recettear: An Item Shop Tale and just noticed it dropped 50% to 9.99. Has it been lower or should I get it for this?

I assume this is just a bit of transitory craziness that will go away, but it won't let me add funds to my wallet because it insists I didn't input a state or province.

Not necessarily server craziness, but I thought it was kind of silly for me to try to add funds to my wallet and have it tell me "Your Steam Wallet balance is too low to cover this transaction!"

Thermite

gregor7777 said:
Really? What say you "wait till the daily deal" types now? WHAT SAY YOU

madlyd.gif

Kusagari said:
I've been wanting to get Recettear: An Item Shop Tale and just noticed it dropped 50% to 9.99. Has it been lower or should I get it for this?
Was in a pack for 4.99 with 4 other games a few weeks ago.

Jokab

If the "Purchase" button has been on "Working..." for over 10 minutes now, and I haven't recieved an e-mail, is it safe to cancel the purchase and redo it?

Luigi87

Kusagari said:

During the Thanksgiving sale, it was a part of the Story Indie Pack at $4.99.

Anywho, I purchased the Oddboxx.
Damn I wish there were Steam Gift Cards in store... I'd be asking for those for Christmas.

Danj

drizzle said:
I bet Valve is not going to tell the 100 games three winners until after the Xmas Deals.

The terms and conditions of that competition said they'll inform the winner on the 21st.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Kusagari said:
Where were you doing the Black Friday sale?

poweld said:
Publisher deals have never been discounted further, you're safe to get it.

Nice. Paradox are getting my money. :D

Jokab said:
If the "Purchase" button has been on "Working..." for over 10 minutes now, and I haven't recieved an e-mail, is it safe to cancel the purchase and redo it?

I had that earlier, but there was a message saying the sale hadn't gone through and to contact Steam Services. So I took it that the servers were knackered and to try again later.

Dug

Banned
Grimm Fandango said:
The Valve complete pack just doubled in price, now $50. Grats to those who got it for half of that.
And now it says the package price for it is 180 dollars when it used to be 100 dollars

stuminus3

Damn, even showing a remarkable amount of restraint I still managed to spend $39.95 today. I dropped $100 in the wallet for this sale but I don't think it'll stretch. 11 games I wanted though (Oddboxx pack, Fear 2, Forgotten Sands, Unreal pack).

Now to spend the rest of the day browsing the catalog bundles to see what random -80%/90% deals I can find. Holding off on the Indie bundles until I think about them some more, too easy to dump a whole load of extra games on my Steam account when it comes to indies!

OK, maybe I'll just buy one game... Toki Tori or Half-Life 2: Episode 2? Toki Tori is really cheap but I really want Half-Life 2: Episode 2...

Grimm Fandango said:
The Valve complete pack just doubled in price, now $50. Grats to those who got it for half of that.
I have no idea if this is serious or not, but my cart just emptied out for no damned reason.

The Valve pack can fuck off if they actually did this...

Super Meat Boy
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Less than $14. Relatively unscathed so far today. Not sure it will last. Afraid of tomorrow. Left arm is numb.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
cooljeanius said:
OK, maybe I'll just buy one game... Toki Tori or Half-Life 2: Episode 2? Toki Tori is really cheap but I really want Half-Life 2: Episode 2...

Toki Tori got heartily recommended to me, but if you want HL2:E2 really bad... then go for it dude.
And besides TT is 1 Euro/Dollar..

Dug

Banned
SolarPowered said:
I have no idea if this is serious or not, but my cart just emptied out for no damned reason.

I'm just hoping that some odd glitch happened and Valve will fix it soon.

I doubt it though :(

SolarPowered said:

It's fairly common during these sales that there are a few price errors. If you get in before the switch, you get the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom