• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrie

Banned
Swords and soldiers worth the price of admission?

Otherwise, don't know much about today's titles, anything I should be taking a look at GAF?

kennah

Nothin for me today :(

To who was asking: yeah the THQ pack is an amazing deal for the wealth of quality you get. I'm going to wait until next Christmas and get it with Space Marine.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hearts of Iron II Complete for 6 or Hearts of Iron III Complete for 14?
Impressions from people who played both?

Ohh... Quake!

Gaf which one of the Quake games is considered the best? I would like to try it out :eek:

NO WAIT, I only have $14 left!! if i get this, then there wont be enough for Red Alert 3 :(

kai3345

Banned
I say "Nothing for me today" now, but I'll probably end up buying Hearts of Iron and Dead Space sometime later in the day.

Edit: Now probably just Dead Space since hearts of iron just changed to not avalible in my region :lol

DirtRiver

Interested in Dead Space and Amnesia but I am a pussy with this shit, no horror movies or games will EVER be seen or played by me, even though it would only cost me 3.60 euros :lol

Bought The Ball instantly though.

Erasus

Some nice deals, but I have DEap Space, Amnesia, KL2 and PvZ already so not spending anything.

I think Kane & Lynch 2 is underrated, its short, took me 5h but it is a good ride. Feels very movie like and the story is great. The shooting feels ok, but it works fine.

SilverLunar said:
Ohh... Quake!

Gaf which one of the Quake games is considered the best? I would like to try it out :eek:

NO WAIT, I only have $14 left!! if i get this, then there wont be enough for Red Alert 3 :(
Quake 1 is the best as far as single player goes anyway.

good luck starting afresh on any of them MP in this day and age.

playing Quake online is the most humbling experience known to man.

spawn... gib. spawn... gib. spawn... run near rocket launcher... gib. spawn... think about picking up super nail gun... gib.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I'm still under $50 spent for this sale, and there is nothing else I want unless a miracle happens with Bloodlines

Now to ignore half the shit I bought until next years sale :lol

I have no idea what to get.

Dead Space - played already
Plants vs Zombies - have on iPod touch and on my Dad's Steam account
Amnesia - the demo scared the shit out of me. too scary for me to purchase

So should I get anything other than these three games?

Give us your opinions GAF.

Lumine

Amnesia for 3,60 euro sounds nice. I have Penumbra: Overture but I have yet to try it.

I might get Dead Space too, though I pretty much finished it once before.

Bebpo

Banned
Kane & Lynch 2 is a great stop & pop 3-4 hour cover shooter with online coop and great graphics. Well worth $5, but some people hate it so don't take my word. I bought it for $5 on thanksgiving sale and after I beat it I felt it was worth probably $15.

How are the Brothers in Arms games? That pack, The Ball Greed Corp, Swords and Soldiers HD, and Archon Classic are the only things I'm interested in today. But none of them seem like must haves.

Mr. Hyde

Plants Vs. Zombies and Dead Space call to me.

Edit: Actually, Amnesia calls to me also because I own Penumbra: Overture thanks to the Humble bundle 1. So, $4.80 is definitely a steal even if it takes me a year to finish it.

DirtRiver said:
Interested in Dead Space and Amnesia but I am a pussy with this shit, no horror movies or games will EVER be seen or played by me, even though it would only cost me 3.60 euros :lol

Bought The Ball instantly though.

I used to be a pussy with horror games but Dead Space is worth it. Very fun game and if you enjoyed RE4, get it now.

Swords and Soldiers HD is just $2.50. Is the multiplayer online? Anyone comment on the game?

Any difference in the ipod version of PVZ and the GOTY Steam version?

Anyone played Greed Corp? I love turn based strategy so I want to know what others think, it seems to be a very new game. :)
Did people like swords and soldiers on the wii?

*edit*
I just watched the trailer for the Ball, looks very fun but it looks very "techy" I hope my laptop from early this year works on it.

UrbanRats said:
Gaf: Brothers in arms: all the series or just Hell's Highway? What do you say?
Road to Hill 30 is one of my all time favorite games, but it may feel a bit aged, although still recommended. Earned in Blood is like an expansion to RtH30, still solid but not as fresh. Hell's Highway is also worth a playthrough but isn't as good IMO. I would just get them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom