• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minsc

Gold Member
demosthenes said:
Swords and Soldiers HD is just $2.50. Is the multiplayer online? Anyone comment on the game?

Any difference in the ipod version of PVZ and the GOTY Steam version?

Zen Garden + Tons more game modes left out of iPod version, worth rebuying.

kodt

Banned
kamorra said:
Could someone please post the content of the Quake pack? It's not available for me.

Every Quake game except for Quake 4.

So
Quake 1 + 2 expansions
Quake 2 + 2 expansions
Quake 3 + Team Arena

.nimrod

gah, i wanted to get amnesia and the ball through the potato pack, but it's still not confirmed and the price might be too high :/

Loam

CaptainAhab said:
How's the Ball? I'm almost willing to buy it just to support Tripwire.

Its a very fun and unique puzzle game that doesn't quite live up to its full potential. Worth every cent of those $5 in my opinion.

Rented Dead Space twice, once on PS3 and once on 360 about a year apart. Got the platinum trophy and all achievements, such a great game and I knew I needed to own it eventually. Can't wait to see how great it looks on PC.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
The best day for Mac gamers yet. Swords & Soldiers and Amnesia bought today. Already own Plants vs. Zombies and most of the other multiplatform games.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You know, if there is one thing XBL does better than Steam. It's demos. I went to Sword and Soldiers, No Demo. I went to Greed Corp, No Demo.

But thankfully Tripwire is awesome and I'm downloading the one for The Ball now.

Anemsia is in my Cart, and The Ball is downloading. Pity I'm not going be able to try it out till I get back home tonight from Work. At like 10 PM.

Good news, School is still off and I have no work tomorrow :p

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Considering the Quake pack. I don't know, though. I'm hoping for Morrowind and/or Oblivion to go on a bigger sale before the end of these deals, and maybe Civ IV complete.

gregor7777 said:
Thoughts on Greed Corp?
I would like to know this as well. The trailer looks pretty awesome.

Does anyone know if it has online multi-player as well? It says this, but does not indicate it.
Friendly and ranked 2, 3, and 4-player battles spread across 36 unlockable maps

Edit:
Looks like it does online multi, according to the official page:
Create a match with any combination of local, online and computer controlled players. Get some people on the couch, invite online friends, and mix it up with digital opponents

Lumine

I think I'll just get Amnesia. It looks really good, I just hope I have the stomache for it. Everything else, including Dead Space, will just have to wait. My backlog keeps growing way too fast and my wallet keeps shrinking way quickly.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
These Bloodlines jokes are getting really stupid.

It's Activision, they don't even know it exists, it's NEVER going on sale, just buy it.

derFeef

shintoki said:
You know, if there is one thing XBL does better than Steam. It's demos. I went to Sword and Soldiers, No Demo. I went to Greed Corp, No Demo.

But thankfully Tripwire is awesome and I'm downloading the one for The Ball now.
I was looking for an Alan Wake or Halo: Reach demo on XBL, but there was none. Doh!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The sale on Quake is a bit weak, but I have been wanting Quake at a decent price for like 4 months now. Bought!

Now the id complete pack will be $15 tomorrow :/

Any sort of mods like ZDoom for Quake?

kamspy

While it's on sale, does any know of an FOV fix for BiA Hell Highway?

Game seems great but it's been sitting on my shelf since I bought it because of the periscope-esque FOV.

Volcynika

shagg_187 said:
Oh God... I just checked Activision titles and none are on sale... :(

Psh. You should feel blessed Activision was kind enough to offer us Modern Warfare 1 for the tantalizing price of $14.99, and even gave us two chances to give us one of the greatest games ever, Modern Warfare 2 for $29.99 available for TWO DAYS IN A ROW. Yeesh, you entitled people make me sick.

Minsc

Gold Member
Lambtron said:
Considering the Quake pack. I don't know, though. I'm hoping for Morrowind and/or Oblivion to go on a bigger sale before the end of these deals, and maybe Civ IV complete.

The id Super Pack went on sale last year for not much more than what the Quake and Doom packs cost together this year, I think I got it for around $20. You get Doom, Quake, Heretic/Hexen, Keen and Wolfenstein series, maybe it will go on sale again this year.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Repost because of no answer:

Hearts of Iron II Complete for 6 or Hearts of Iron III Complete for 14?
Impressions from people who played both?
Which one would be easier to get into?

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Oh, we're allowed to do shithead Photoshops now? Cool!

E1kvo.jpg

Minsc

Gold Member
Drkirby said:
The sale on Quake is a bit weak, but I have been wanting Quake at a decent price for like 4 months now. Bought!

Now the id complete pack will be $15 tomorrow :/

Any sort of mods like ZDoom for Quake?

There are, and for Quake 2, I can check later if I remember. There's music packs to download to get the CD audio, and better engine to launch the games with, true of Hexen and Heretic, and Wolfenstein as well.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Toma said:
Repost because of no answer:

Hearts of Iron II Complete for 6 or Hearts of Iron III Complete for 14?
Impressions from people who played both?
Which one would be easier to get into?
Where are you seeing Hearts of Iron II for $6? Or is it 6 Euro/6 Pounds?

Proc

for sure: amnesia

maybe:
-PvZ (PvZ 2 seems like it inevitably will come out this year)
-dead space (I may hold off until dead space 2 comes out to see if its any cheaper or part of a pre-order bonus)
-kane and lynch 2 (seems cheap enough to try but might save the bandwidth)

Damn I'm disappointed. I was waiting to see what todays deals were before I bought the Kings Bounty collection. Usually games stay up at their previous prices for 10 or more minutes after the next days deals show up.

Unfortunately when ever there is that lag between the deals where the next days deals dont show there are some games who prices immediately go back to normal, and thats what happened to KB. I suspect that is what is happening when there is that lag between the deals page.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I could have sworn when Dead Space originally came out I heard the control on the PC version was lacking, like maybe input lag or controls that were optimized for consoles. To those who have played it on PC, is it worth the cheap double-dip?

Sysgen

The Ball is easily worth $5. Worth $19 when I bought it. Good environmental puzzles. Good atmosphere (think the original Unreal). When I had my 4890 it was a bit of resource hog though able to run it with some AA. Oh and you have to like rolling around a Ball for much of the game :)

Chiggs

Gold Member
Mutagenic said:
I could have sworn when Dead Space originally came out I heard the control on the PC version was lacking, like maybe input lag or controls that were optimized for consoles. To those who have played it on PC, is it worth the cheap double-dip?

I played it with the 360 controller and it was perfect. Mouse and keyboard, not so much.

Yaweee

I <3 Memes said:
Damn I'm disappointed. I was waiting to see what todays deals were before I bought the Kings Bounty collection. Usually games stay up at their previous prices for 10 or more minutes after the next days deals show up.

Unfortunately when ever there is that lag between the deals where the next days deals dont show there are some games who prices immediately go back to normal, and thats what happened to KB. I suspect that is what is happening when there is that lag between the deals page.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042AMMDW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Same price on Amazon.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Drkirby said:
Where are you seeing Hearts of Iron II for $6? Or is it 6 Euro/6 Pounds?
6,99€ yeah sorry. Forgot the exact number.

Anyway question stands. Hearts of Iron II for less money or Hearts of Iron 3 for double the price? I cant find anything that directly compares these two.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Day 9 Steam Deals
The Quake Collection | $10.50: 66% off
Dead Space | $6.80: 60% off
Plants vs. Zombies: GOTY Edition | $4.00: 60% off
Kayne & Lynch 2 | $4.99 75% off
City of Heroes: Going Rogue: Complete Collection | $10.00: 75% off
Brothers In Arms Pack | $9.99: 75% off
Sniper: Ghost Warrior | $7.50: 75% off
Swords & Soldiers | $2.50 75% off
Hearts of Iron III: Complete Pack | $14.10: 75% off
Amnesia: The Dark Descent | $6:80: 66% off
The Ball | $4.99: 75% off
Greed Corp | $2.99: 75% off
Archon Classic | $2.50: 75% off

My Purchases So Far (With HB1 And HB2)
Aquaria
Battlefield 2 Complete Collection
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Beat Hazard
BIT.TRIP.BEAT
Braid
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Chime
Crysis: Maximum Edition
Deus Ex: Game Of The Year Edition
Deus Ex: Invisible War
DOOM: Complete Pack
F.E.A.R. Complete Collection
Gish
IL2 Sturmvok: Complete Pack
Lugaru HD
Machinarium
Mass Effect 2
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
Mirror's Edge
Neverwinter Nights 2: Platnium
Osmos
Penumbra: Overture
Plants vs. Zombies: GOTY Edition
Rhythm Zone
The Quake Collection
Rush
Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition
SIM CITY 4
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Super Meat Boy
Torchlight
Turba
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Uplink (Thanks, Jibril. ^_^)
World of Goo

Yaweee said:

Will buy! Thanks man!

Mutagenic said:

For some people there is no problem. However if you do have the bad mouse lag you need to disable vsync in the games options. If that still doesn't fix it for you then get d3doverrider and enable triple buffering and vsync through that program. That seems to fix the problem for 99% of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom