• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

I've always wanted it but never wanted to spend money on it over other games this year but at £6.79 it's just a no-brainer.

MoFuzz

Max said:
I've finished both vanilla FEAR games, is it worth the $10 just to play the 2 expansions and DLC?
Was wondering this also.

I mean I'm getting the pack regardless, just wondering if I should bother installing the expansions...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Super Meat Boy is mine, I'll try it even though I'm limited to keys and my laptop can barely meet the requirements

FrancisH

Damn "There has been an internal error initializing your transaction. Please contact support for assistance." :(

Trying to get Toki and the 2D Indie Pack, already bought Deus, Winterbottom, Shattered Union, Caster and Super Meat Boy.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Corto said:
I'm on the same boat. I'm debating with my self if I buy the entire Paradox catalog or wait for daily deals on the ones I really want though...
I was going to grab the Paradox pack (even though I have EUIII Complete, though I don't have Heir to the Throne), but I think I'm going to hold off until towards the end of the sale.

Will see how this all plays out.

Damages so far
3.75 Super Meat Boy
.50 Winterbottom
1.00 Humble Indie Pack 2 (registered on Steam so it counts, I also found out it existed from this thread)

Total: 5.25 for 7 games

Wow... GAF, what have you done to me. This is my first year participating in the Steam Holiday Sales. In the last month I've spent 15.25 and gotten 9 games.

Why didn't I pay attention to these things before I was on here :(

kennah

Re: Valve

It looks like someone had screwed up the calculation somewhere and it was further discounting the discounted price. People that got it for $25 got a hell of a deal.

Fuck I got some money yesterday and decided to spend some of it on Super Meat Boy for the Xbox since that was easier for me at the time. I payed full price for it yesterday. Now today it's fucking £3 on Steam. FUUUUUUUCK.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm buying 4 copies of The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom to gift.

just quote then I'll need your email so I can send them

I would do this in the code giveaway thread, but there are a lot of code hoarders that hang around there and I don't want to waste them, even if they were just fifty cents.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Snuggler said:

I would do this in the code giveaway thread, but there are a lot of code hoarders that hang around there and I don't want to waste them, even if they were just fifty cents.
Just quote? Like this?

kennah

Snuggler said:

I'll take one! :p Not allowed to spend anything this sale

Snuggler said:

:D

I'll remember this and return in kind when you least expect it.

Dug

Banned
Snuggler said:

me?

EDIT: Too late :p

Snuggler said:

aww :)

and yeah never post codes in the open

GWX

Snuggler said:

Hey man... I want one ;)

edit: FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
drizzle said:
I bet Valve is not going to tell the 100 games three winners until after the Xmas Deals.

Dude is gonna be like "oh fuck I bought way too many games on Steam, but at least I have a nice backlog" and Valve will be "oh by the way, you won 100 games!"
The fine print says they select the winners on Dec. 21.

Although I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean they have to actually inform them that they won then.

Dug said:
I'm just hoping that some odd glitch happened and Valve will fix it soon.

I doubt it though :(
gregor7777 said:
It's fairly common during these sales that there are a few price errors. If you get in before the switch, you get the deal.
It's so frustrating because I've played the half life games before and I'd like to play them again. I've already got portal, tf2, l4d and l4d2 so it's not as sweet at $50...

fuck

Bigfoot

BarrenMind said:
Super Meat Boy
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Less than $14. Relatively unscathed so far today. Not sure it will last. Afraid of tomorrow. Left arm is numb.

My purchase was identical to you, minus Bad Company 2 so I only took half the damage (less than $7). So 3 games for me that I had no intention of buying.

Now to wait for the two games I really want... Batman:AA and Lara Croft: GoL, and see what other games Steam convinces me to buy in that time. I may actually pick GoL on PSN if the North American store has a sale similar to the Europe one, but Steam will still have the better deal so the decision is tough! :D

Any American willing to buy Bad Company 2 for me? Can Paypal the money immediately. Pm me please.

Thanks.

Already bought Super Meat Boy twice (Gift for a friend). Wallet is going to hurt by the end of this sale.

kodt

Banned
Things COD: MW2 will go on sale this year :lol

I wouldn't be surprised if they raised the price.

Max said:
I've finished both vanilla FEAR games, is it worth the $10 just to play the 2 expansions and DLC?

I tried one of the FEAR expansions and it sucked pretty bad. Felt like a level pack done by armature modders.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Winterbottom, Indie Fantasy bundle, Indie Mix bundle, Super Meat Boy, Deus Ex Pack.

Wanted Bad Company 2, but at US prices.

sestrugen

MiloFoxburr said:
Any American willing to buy Bad Company 2 for me? Can Paypal the money immediately. Pm me please.

Thanks.

Already bought Super Meat Boy twice (Gift for a friend). Wallet is going to hurt by the end of this sale.

I want this as well, BF:BC2 for $6.50 or so, I can paypal immediately

Dug

Banned
Nakazato said:
no its cool i have to many steam game already lol i just dont want it to get lost and not played
It would probably get lost and not played for me too, how about someone who would acutally play it a lot gets it?

Max

I am not Max
kodt said:
I tried one of the FEAR expansions and it sucked pretty bad. Felt like a level pack done by armature modders.
That's what I'd imagine since they weren't made by Monolith. Thanks, just saved me $10. I don't really feel like replaying those games anyways.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Linked my bank account and now I need a credit card, WTF PAYPAL.

Okay maybe I should be studying for my exam tomorrow but $3.75 SUPER MEAT BOY GODDAMN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom