• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
petethepanda said:
I have no money left after the last couple weeks of buying gifts for friends and family.

Noooooooooooo. :(

it's obvious they aren't your true friends if they made you spend money when they knew you had to spend on the steam holiday sale.

Mihos

Gold Member
As a side note... if you get a message from Steam saying your bank declined your purchase... don't try and repurchase. It may have went through.

I think they are just lagged out right now. (good thing I actually checked my account or I would have 2 Paradox collections!)

I guess I'll be missing out on Half life again. Also, some of the indie game packs have not been selectable since the start of the deals. Why does that happen?
petethepanda said:
I have no money left after the last couple weeks of buying gifts for friends and family.

Noooooooooooo. :(
You gotta prioritize your money dawg.

:lol

Lumine

Looking for a US person to gift me Battlefield BC2. I can paypal you the money or gift something of equal value, whichever you prefer.

MoFuzz

_tetsuo_ said:
What are the chances of the regular Bethesda pack being a daily deal >.>
The packs have typically stayed at the same price for the duration of sales in the past. I don't recall seeing it go lower for a limited time.

'cept for that Valve pack that is. Brutal for those who wanted it but hesitated :lol

kai3345

Banned
kennah said:
I'm more in it to actually win something and feel like a winner.

<<< Winner.
ANSBE.png

Borman

Fucking steam. Bought Battlefield and Meat Boy, waiting to buy fallout since the Bethesda pack is a ton better of a deal for me, even though I own the Elderscrolls games on Steam (minus the first two, of course :p)

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
MoFuzz said:
The packs have typically stayed at the same price for the duration of sales in the past. I don't recall seeing it go lower for a limited time.

'cept for that Valve pack that is. Brutal for those who wanted it but hesitated :lol

No no, I meant the Beth pack with FO 3, Oblivion and Morrowind GOTY editions only.

Xzior said:

D:

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Borman said:
Fucking steam. Bought Battlefield and Meat Boy, waiting to buy fallout since the Bethesda pack is a ton better of a deal for me, even though I own the Elderscrolls games on Steam (minus the first two, of course :p)

Like I said, wait a year and get Skyrim as well! :lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Anyway, today's haul for me is

Super Meat Boy
The Deus Ex Collection
LucasArts Adventure Bundle
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
Shattered Union
Titan Quest Gold
Valve Complete Pack
The Oddboxx

Grand Total: $55.18

Nice, I wanted to buy Super Meat Boy for the holidays. I'll get it tomorrow along with Fear, when the servers should be a lot less busy.

cooljeanius said:
OK, maybe I'll just buy one game... Toki Tori or Half-Life 2: Episode 2? Toki Tori is really cheap but I really want Half-Life 2: Episode 2...

Ep2 is only 50% off, I think it will be discounted even more another day. Toki Tori probably won't get any cheaper and if it does, you'll only lose a few cents.

Btw, I'm really wondering how much this pack will be. If it is 20$/euros, it's an amazing deal
LovingSteam said:
  • Potato Pack
  • Amnesia
  • Bit Trip
  • Toki Tori
  • Red Orchestra
  • Killing Floor
  • Darkest Hour
  • Audio Surf
  • Wonderful End of the world
  • Defense Grid
  • AAAAA
  • The Ball
  • Cogs
  • Braid
  • Super Meat Boy

luxarific

Nork unification denier
If I get the "your credit card was declined" message when I try to buy something, but the game shows up in my library and I get a receipt in my e-mail inbox, do I need to rebuy?

Thank god I got in on that Valve Complete Pack before they fixed the price.

So you can't get extra copies of non-Half-life Orange Box games?

kai3345

Banned
MetatronM said:
Anyway, today's haul for me is

Super Meat Boy
The Deus Ex Collection
LucasArts Adventure Bundle
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
Shattered Union
Titan Quest Gold
Valve Complete Pack
The Oddboxx

Grand Total: $55.18
noice

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
LovingSteam I'm pretty sure you could put today's daily deals into the OP now, unless you were only going to add them into the list the day after.

The heavy hitters pack is amazing, you get shattered horizon and zeno clash, the maw and a shit load of other games for £14, daaaaaamn

ZZMitch

Bad Company 2 and Super Meat Boy here!

Are the cheap games like winterbottom and Toki Tori just part of packs or something?

The_Technomancer said:
LovingSteam I'm pretty sure you could put today's daily deals into the OP now, unless you were only going to add them into the list the day after.
Im on my phone right now but will update the OP in an hour when I get home. :)

Carm

I enjoyed Prince of Persia The Sands of Time a lot. Is The Forgotten Sand, shitty drm included, worth it? What about the cell shaded Prince of Persia? I bought Splinter Cell Conviction for a buck and after finishing it felt ripped off, don't want that feeling again with a ubisoft game.

MoFuzz

OmegaDragon said:
Nice, I wanted to buy Super Meat Boy for the holidays. I'll get it tomorrow along with Fear, when the servers should be a lot less busy.
Daily deals finish up at 10AM PST, FYI.

Yasae

Banned
luxarific said:
If I get the "your credit card was declined" message when I try to buy something, but the game shows up in my library and I get a receipt in my e-mail inbox, do I need to rebuy?
I'd wait it out and see, don't rebuy by default. Steam was failing to load my cart, signing me out randomly and all sorts of crazy shit.

Receipts overrule this anyway.

_Bro

Banned
seady said:
Never played a Deus Ex game, should I even bother? To prepare for the upcoming game??
It's definitely a game to play, whether or not a sequel is coming. Once -- if -- you can get past the melee hit detection then prepare for a great game. Just play it with no worries, don't worry about getting the "good" or "bad" ending. Endings just hold you back from being awesome.

Dug

Banned
gregor7777 said:
That Valve pack was a hell of a deal. I mean, value wise it's still amazing and one of the better deals going, but for $25? :lol
Thanks for reminding me about how good of a deal it was.

smithicide.gif

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
We should make a 2nd thread detailing how the sale actually works in terms of always on sale verses dailies and when you should actually pull the trigger.

kai3345

Banned
Brettison said:
We should make a 2nd thread detailing how the sale actually works in terms of always on sale verses dailies and when you should actually pull the trigger.
Or just put that info in the OP?

atomsk

Party Pooper
I feel like I'm at a saturation point with games I would actually buy/play for cheap

Picked up Indie Fright Pack cause I wanted The Void and The Path

Otherwise I'm hoping for Dragon-Age Ultimate to be $20-25 (it was 25 at Impulse during thanksgiving)

And I'll probably pick up Amnesia at the end of the sale if it doesn't go daily deal

My wallet is (mostly) safe this year :lol

(and I'll be sure to quote this post if I somehow spend 100 bucks)

MoFuzz

I'm gonna say....$35 USD for the Potato pack.

kennah said:
WHO HAS TIME FOR OPS!
No shit, especially seeing as how so many people are asking why they should wait if a game isn't a daily deal....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom