• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

kodt said:
I want Singularity, but was hoping for $15-20

I'll think about it.

Singularity is very very very good.

Plus, the main AR looks like the M4 from COD with a 480 GTX taped to the side of it.

1-D_FTW said:
You have to buy the Stories. Or maybe buy in-game from MS? Not sure about the second. I purchased the Stories for 7.50 on Steam a while ago. It's really stupid, however, that they're separate. Two huge files/folders that can't be combined. Even though GTA IV has the DLC built into the start menus.
Yes I know I CAN buy them on Steam, but for £14! It's only £6 in the daily deal, but because it contains GTA4 which I already own, they won't let me buy it. So stupid. So what if I own it, let me buy it again for the extra contenet.

Parham

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Yes I know I CAN buy them on Steam, but for £14! It's only £6 in the daily deal, but because it contains GTA4 which I already own, they won't let me buy it. So stupid. So what if I own it, let me buy it again for the extra contenet.
What is your SteamID? If you want, I can try gifting it to you.

graywolf323 said:
is there any difference between GTA IV Complete and having vanilla + episodes?
None.

Minsc

Gold Member
Blast Processing said:
Nehrim is all you need.

Nehrim.

Is it really good? I'll try it eventually, but I wouldn't dismiss Oblivion w/ mods either.

Oblivion w/ mods is an incredible game, the best (only) way to play Oblivion. Nehrim is more like a total conversion, nothing from Oblivion remains I believe, so you could play Nehrim, and you could play Oblivion w/ mods, and you'd be playing two very different and incredible games (assuming Nehrim holds up).

Salaadin said:
Sooo tempted to double dip on Oblivion even though I already have 100+ hours on it between PS3/360 version.

Oblivion w/ mods!!! So good. And then you have Nehrim too, if spending hours and hours figuring out mods isn't your thing (in which case you could simply install OOO + a few texture mods and leave it at that).

Gryphter said:
What does Shatter control with, mouse alone, mouse and keyboard together?

Controls beautifully with mouse alone. Turn off vsync though. Even though the game has an option for triple buffering you will still have mouse lag with vsync. Have not tried vsync and triple buffering with D3DOverrider to see if it works that way without lag.

Vsync issue aside it is a really fun game.

graywolf323 said:
is there any difference between GTA IV Complete and having vanilla + episodes?

Complete is 16 Gbs, Vanilla + Episodes is 32 Gbs.

LegoDad

Screw you evil steam sale. I just built my first PC early december and I'm now over 40 games... yeah.. can you say backlog, plus my ps3 backlog. :lol

1-D_FTW

Foliorum Viridum said:

It seems like it's already been answered. Gifts. It'd be pretty ridiculous if you can gift the complete edition and two people who both owned it got around it by trading gifts.

Ashsturm

How easy is it to learn Europa Universalis? I bought HoI3 a while back and felt intimidated enough to never get into it and the demo of Europa again seemed to have quite a poor tutorial, tried 2 or 3 times and could never do much.

I've got nothing against complexity but Paradox's games don't seem to be designed with new players in mind.

Salaadin

You guys really dont help me with these sales much. Im only half decided but Oblivion is in my cart. I just need to push the buy button. FFFUUUUUU

Kayhan

It isn't necessary to spend hours modding Oblivion

Install OOO and Qarls High Res texture pack, and these two mods alone will improve the gameplay and graphics enormously.

Minsc

Gold Member
Probably going to end up grabbing GTA4 Complete to see how the ENB mod looks in person, EU3, and Shatter, this Steam sale has really been delivering nicely!

graywolf323

I <3 Memes said:
Complete is 16 Gbs, Vanilla + Episodes is 32 Gbs.

sounds like the Complete is IV + DLC unlike Vanilla + Episodes where Episodes is stand alone

would prefer complete just gotta figure out how to gift it to myself :p

1-D_FTW

Minsc said:
Probably going to end up grabbing GTA4 Complete to see how the ENB mod looks in person, EU3, and Shatter, this Steam sale has really been delivering nicely!

DOESN'T WORK WITH STEAM VERSION!

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Archie said:
Now I feel bad that a friend gifted me EU3 when it was $10. I also tried to play a game and my head was dizzy from the complexity. ; ;
Seriously, it's not hard to get some sort of game going by choosing the timeframe around 1492 and going at it with Portugal. Then, you establish colony after colony towards the west. You work your way around SA to end up at AU, work up towards CH and JP, try to get through to IN, circle Africa at ZA, back up to CI and you're basically home again.

The hard part, as I said, is managing the pirates with that approach. But it'll be an epic adventure, no doubt.

Don't start in Germany, it's super-crazy. Very competitive, very dense politics and all. Not for beginners.

Start with some nation that's already established its superiority in its region of origin at the point in time you're beginning at. That will make things easy, and easy is good in this game.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
azentium said:
It looks like gifting to someone who already owns GTA4 works just fine.
Does that mean people can gift to email and then download it themselves?

Minsc said:
ENB doesn't work in Steam :( I think you can maybe roll back the updates, but I haven't tried that. Do some reasearch first!

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Can someone explain mehrim to me? Slightly interested in oblivion but I've been turned off by Bethesda games in the past. A friend keeps bugging me to try them again. Kinda feel like my fantasy game is fine with the witcher.

LovingSteam said:
I won't be buying it since the PC won't be receiving future DLC and apparently there is hardly any customization in terms of settings.
WTF? Seriously? Why not? Wow, it goes from extremely tempting to (almost) pass.

Kayhan said:
It isn't necessary to spend hours modding Oblivion

Install OOO and Qarls High Res texture pack, and these two mods alone will improve the gameplay and graphics enormously.
Very true. This last time though, I used unique landscapes mod and my god does it add something else to that game. I honestly would suggest avoiding modding character/facial stuff to save headache and time...

.nimrod

Gah, i'm tempted to buy NFSHP

How is it compared to Burnout Paradise?
(I didn't like Burnout Paradise as much as the previous ones, there was so much to do and what felt like very little progress)

kai3345

Banned
Hmmm. Oblivion for sure, but I'm on the fence about GTA IV complete. All I'd play is Gay Tony, since I beat Vanilla + Lost and Damned on 360. Is it still worth 10 bucks if I just play Gay Tony?

Plus idk if my M11x could handle it

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
"Credit Card Required: Star Trek Online requires a valid credit card to play this game and additional, recurring subscription fees apply. Activation and download may take up to 48 hours after purchase. Paypal is not accepted for purchases in Pound Sterling or Euros. "

what? wtf is this shit?

Weenerz

Banned
Bufbaf said:
"Credit Card Required: Star Trek Online requires a valid credit card to play this game and additional, recurring subscription fees apply. Activation and download may take up to 48 hours after purchase. Paypal is not accepted for purchases in Pound Sterling or Euros. "

what? wtf is this shit?

It's an MMO, pay to play.

Stuck at work yet again, can we g et a week 10 listing?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Watch as Criterion releases Need for Speed Hot Pursuit: Big Surf City and leaves PC out in the cold again like last time.

I don't understand why they do this with DLC.

CaLe

Bufbaf said:

what? wtf is this shit?

It's an MMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom