• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minsc

Gold Member
MikeE21286 said:
Will the steam version play nice with mods?

Yes, check out this awesome GAF thread for mod info. (thanks Ledsen!)

Keep in mind setting up Nehrim requires using no mods! It's potentially the best way to play modded Oblivion without actually going through all the hassle.

Of course, it's not the same as playing modded Oblivion, but it gets you a similar experience in a fraction of the time.

dejan

Minsc said:
Thanks for the heads up about ENB mod not working with the Steam version of GTA4... maybe I'll buy it anyway and hope that when I finally play it the issue is fixed (it is probably something impossible to fix, but whatever)!
Check http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm for any updates, but I doubt Boris will be continuing any work on the mod. He seemed pretty pissed at Rockstar. Downsampling works with every GTA IV version, but you have to manually tweak your monitor driver and you'll need some beefy hardware of course.

Arol

wmat said:
It's a tough game, no doubt. You'll have to work through all tutorials and figure some scenarios out to get some sense of how to implement a strategy. Once you've got the town upgrading mechanics down and know how to properly use your funds though, it's really a matter of policy, meaning you either make the game hard for yourself (warfare, spreading yourself thin) or not.

Pause often.

Alright thanks, I actually have time today so I'll probably get the demo before I buy.

thundr51

FINALLY!! Oblivion is MINE!! AGAIN...

I was starting to get worried I'd have to pay 15 for it.:lol

Edit: After seeing just how out dated Simcity 4 looks I think I want to take a look at citiesXL. Anybody picked it up? Also is there a massive difference between CitiesXL regular and Cities XL 2011?

Not crazy about the securom stuff though, but I don't think i'll have any problems with 5 machine activations. Still, with the way steam does things, seem rather draconian at best...

And finally, on this day, Zoidberg rested.

SalsaShark said:
Singularity and Transformers are still too expensive

Basically, and I already have Oblivion, Shatter, and GTA. The rest of the items are not interesting to me at all.

Danneee

Singularity might actually be cheaper in EU, €15 vs $25. Same goes for Transformers.

Mafia 2, Settlers 6 or Battlestations Pacific are pretty much the games I'm hoping for the daily deal treatment the last two days. And if there's nothing until sunday I'll buy EU III when it comes back around then :)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Could someone type up the NA prices, using an iPod touch and can't easily check.

Also, did Europa have an online mode?

Edit: wait prices above, so strike the first question.

confused

Banned
Danneee said:
Singularity might actually be cheaper in EU, €15 vs $25. Same goes for Transformers.

Mafia 2, Settlers 6 or Battlestations Pacific are pretty much the games I'm hoping for the daily deal treatment the last two days. And if there's nothing until sunday I'll buy EU III when it comes back around then :)

Singularity is 10 pounds in the UK, cheapest there.

Kayhan

wmat said:
Well, then I'll have to put you on my ignore list because I don't use ABP on GAF and just can't stand that gif. Sorry! Have a nice life.
Yeah, I am with you on that. Avatar is too fucked up.

DangerStepp

wmat said:
Well, then I'll have to put you on my ignore list because I don't use ABP on GAF and just can't stand that gif. Sorry! Have a nice life.
I noticed that avatar the other day. It's disgusting.

I've never ignored anyone before... I think I'll deploy that option now.

MikeE21286 said:
Well that is extremely appealing...just for clarification...
If I have mods installed then I can't install Nehrim?

Right, Nehrim needs a brand new clean install of Oblivion to install from. After that, you should be able to add on w/e mods you want to the Oblivion install.

Alternatively, if you already have modded oblivion installed, you could probably just install it again in another location to set Nehrim up, then uninstall it once you get Nehrim going.

Vastag

Danj said:
Is Europa Universalis 3 any good?

It's a fantastic game, but it has a significant learning curve (I find it easier than HoI but more complicated than Civ IV). But what other game lets you to pimp your daughters for political gain?

cress2000

Can there possibly be anyone else out there with L4D1 but still not L4D2? And wants to start a 4-pack ($3.75/ea)? I can't because I get charged sales tax.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
This message is hidden because Wraith RazieL is on your ignore list.

Sorry, but that avatar is really shitty.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Castor Krieg said:
How is GTAIV if someone never played GTAIV? I can live without ENB mod, even then I will get better FPS than on my PS3/X360.
Depends.

If you like the GTA series, it's great, if you like sandbox singleplayer games, it might be also great. If you couldn't stand GTA 3 like me, it will be one of the biggest disappointments of your life ;(

Proc

Bufbaf said:
This message is hidden because Wraith RazieL is on your ignore list.

Sorry, but that avatar is really shitty.

+1.

Star trek online is probably worth checking out at that price. Hmmmm. Am I that guy who will dismiss a game for being too big of a download?

Darklord said:
Trust me. You don't want Star Trek Online, anyway.

Paid $2.50 for it on the amazon sale, and bored to tears with it. Perhaps if it goes free to play and adds lot of content, I will jump back in.

You know things are bad when a MMO gets repetitive within 2 hours

Loxley

Fuck, I was planing on grabbing the Oblivion GotY for my new PS3 (since I'm not into modding that game at all on the PC and have zero problem using a controller) but at that price...shit...so tempting...I need to think about this.

Either way, L4D2 is mine :D

vazel

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
Paid $2.50 for it on the amazon sale, and bored to tears with it. Perhaps if it goes free to play and adds lot of content, I will jump back in.

You know things are bad when a MMO gets repetitive within 2 hours
Welcome to a Cryptic MMO.

Lkr

do the GTA expansions run better than vanilla GTA IV? If I buy the complete edition, am I able to gift GTA IV vanilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom