• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
AndyMoogle said:
I'm pretty sure there is only one day of new sales left. The holiday sale ends on January 2nd, meaning that there will only be one new sale in 22 hours, and then the final recap sale in 46 hours.
Ah thanks. True. Stupid me.

Edit: Or not. :lol
We'll see.

vocab

Lkr said:
I would agree that anything runs better than GTAIV, but do Bethesda games really run that poorly? My brother runs them pretty well on a Pentium D

They run fine, but have problems on newer computers. People even made mods for obvlion and fallout called Stutter remover. Even then, it doesn't feel as good as other PC games.

Volcynika

AndyMoogle said:
I'm pretty sure there is only one day of new sales left. The holiday sale ends on January 2nd, meaning that the next set of deals start in 22 hours, and then the final recap sale in 46 hours.

"The Steam Holiday Sale is on now through Sunday, January 2, 2011"

Sale will end when Sunday's deals expire, so Monday at 1PM EST. Sunday will be another best of, most likely. Ended on a Monday when the deals expired last year as well.

Xzior

Drkirby said:
Now who is going to buy Europa so I have some people to play with.

WILL YOU BUY IT! *Points at YOU*
I might... don't know if I can, I'm trying to have enought money left for Bloodlines when it goes on sale.
LOL

Minsc

Gold Member
vocab said:
Anything runs better than GTAIV. Even Aurora engine/Bethesda games. If there is one purchase I regret, it's GTAIV on steam. Securom, GWFL, Rockstar app. God that game is pure bloatware, and it will never get installed again.

Wow, between that and ENB not working I'm almost talked out of GTA4.

Edit: What is "Rockstar app" anyway?

Danj

Drkirby said:

Bought it! But can't install it till I get back down to Cambridge, since my parents' internet limit is nearly all used up.

Lkr

Artofwar420 said:
I already have GTA IV but not the Episodes, you're the other way around right? Why gift though? What's the benefit?
I am the same as you. I see no reason to pay $10 for a complete pack when I already have something and I can't do anything with that extra copy. I hope Amazon's downloadable service is decent.

AndyMoogle said:
I'm pretty sure there is only one day of new sales left. The holiday sale ends on January 2nd, meaning that the next set of deals start in 22 hours, and then the final recap sale in 46 hours.

Final recap? Like hourlies? Or more like "here were the biggest deals... have at 'em"?

Rur0ni

Minsc said:

GTA4 runs pretty good for me on a i7 (oc'd) + GTX 470 (stock). All I can really say about that.

Lkr

Minsc said:

it is some stupid community app that force launches itself every time you play.

~Kinggi~

Banned
AndyMoogle said:
There are 2 more sets of new deals before the final recap.

Truespeed

Minsc said:

It gets better. It also blacklists apps like Process Explorer (Microsoft) so you're forced to shut it down if you want to play the game.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
GTA4 Complete + EU3 complete = $15. Now i only have $20 left in my paypal account. Hopefully it's enough to buy all the stuff i want from the remaining sales.:lol the only thing I'm really after is DOW2 chaos rising space rangers 2 (hope this gets a daily deal) & STALKER COP.

Kabouter

Drkirby said:

Bought ages ago, and playing Divine Wind multiplayer with GAF user Steeven right now :p

Him as a very successful Tunisia, me as a much less successful Yemen :lol

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Kabouter said:
Bought ages ago, and playing Divine Wind multiplayer with GAF user Steeven right now :p

Him as a very successful Tunisia, me as a much less successful Yemen :lol

Why do you keep saying Divine Wind? The only addon I can find is "Heir to the throne".

Manik

Toma said:
Why do you keep saying Divine Wind? The only addon I can find is "Heir to the throne".

Divine Wind is the latest expansion pack - released midway through this month. Think it's downloadable only though, and only from GamersGate.

Might turn up on Steam a little later, with a bit of luck, however.

Artofwar420

Lkr said:
I am the same as you. I see no reason to pay $10 for a complete pack when I already have something and I can't do anything with that extra copy. I hope Amazon's downloadable service is decent.

The way I see it is if I want Episodes by itself I pay 20 dollars. But CE has that for 10 dollars, sot it's like buying the Episodes for 10 dollars.

Sure I'm "losing" a copy of GTA IV? (Oh I see what you meant), but I get the Episodes for 10 dollars.

Anyway, good luck with your transaction. Let us know.

YianGaruga said:
Can someone tell me what the L4D2 4-pack costs now at the cheapest? I don't know if the L4D1 discount applies, that's why I'm asking.
If you can find someone who owns L4D1 but does not own L4D2 and wants it then that person can buy a 4-pack for $14.99. Thus L4D2 for $3.75.

Xamdou

Already bought Oblivion: GOTY Deluxe for $8.50 from steam back in June, L4D2 for $4.99 and Shatter for the same price.

Not interested in the other games in this sale, hopefully tomorrow will have games I want/don't have yet! :D

EU3 Complete does not include heir to the throne? :( Is that expansion really very important? I know the first two really improved the game..

If Steam delivers a good deal on Football Manager 2011 as well it will be all I asked for and more..

Leonsito said:
Just noticed that FUEL is 6€ ...
It is fairly bad, but worth your time if you're interested.* Kinda a fun world to go explore.

*This review is for the Xbox 360 version of FUEL. Some features and performance may vary.

Smash88

Banned
Well this really sucks, I hit my budget, and now they go and put GTA IV Complete for $10. Screw you Steam. I knew this was going to happen.

Leonsito

DeuceMojo said:
It is fairly bad, but worth your time if you're interested.* Kinda a fun world to go explore.

*This review is for the Xbox 360 version of FUEL. Some features and performance may vary.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
It's terrible. Don't waste your money.

Ok guys, 6€ saved today*

*but wasted tomorrow in another game possibly :D

Toma

Wraith RazieL said:
No Prob. I'm here to talk about games not start trouble. I changed my avatar so posters focus on the thread subject...not me.

And you got a better avatar as well!

Chris R

Link Man said:
Frickin' great. Oblivion's a daily deal, but not Morrowind. I already own Oblivion on disc.

Just wonderful.
Both were on sale (and for cheaper than this I might mention) only a few months back. I grabbed them then, even though I have all of them on disc. Didn't have any Oblivion DLC though so I still need to get in and play that. Tried to get mods going but I think I tried for too many and just broke shit. Next time I'll just replace the console UI and the console textures and be good I think :lol

kamspy

Lkr said:
I would agree that anything runs better than GTAIV, but do Bethesda games really run that poorly? My brother runs them pretty well on a Pentium D

You've read a vocab post. They contain 50% negativity and 50% hyperbole.

GTA4 runs fine on modern hardware. Dual Core and 8800, not so much.

Rur0ni said:
GTA4 runs pretty good for me on a i7 (oc'd) + GTX 470 (stock). All I can really say about that.
Everything on max, 2048x1152, my GTA4 runs at 60fps. Constantly.

Phenom X4 955 3.2ghz, 5850, 4gb RAM.

It might've been a beast on release, but my PC destroys it. If you have a comparabe rig to us, don't even worry about it. There's been a few people visibly put off in this thread and it's a great game so you should play it if you can!

Thread derail: What was RazieL's avatar before this?

Back on track: I have GTA4 and unopened Episodes for PS3, is there really a reason for me to get it on Steam? And if Morrowind didn't keep my attention, would Oblivion?

I think i'm gonna get EU3, Grand Ages Rome, and maaaaaaaybe Oblivion Deluxe. maybe.

Probably.

Already bought way too many games this week. The other night I was playing NWN2, liked it a lot, last night moved on to CivCity... haven't even BOOTED Amnesia... ohgod toomanygames....

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
dejan said:
Oh shit, you're right.

Kabouter?

HttT is really, really important. You definitely would want to snag that at some point. DW not so much, since there is no Magna Mundi support for it (and the devs aren't sure if there ever will be.)

DeVeAn

Scalpel Knight said:
Thread derail: What was RazieL's avatar before this?

Back on track: I have GTA4 and unopened Episodes for PS3, is there really a reason for me to get it on Steam? And if Morrowind didn't keep my attention, would Oblivion?
I am in the same boat except I have it sealed on 360. Hmm.

Pimpbaa said:
LOL at the price of Singularity and Transformers. Fucking activision.

Also, RUSE and Hot Pursuit being the same in euros as in dollars.
:(

Hot pursuit is the only deal worth having today, imo. Aside from the indy heavy hitter pack, of course. And god knows I am *this* close to buying the THQ pack. If only my wallet agreed with that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom