• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

luxarific said:
If I get the "your credit card was declined" message when I try to buy something, but the game shows up in my library and I get a receipt in my e-mail inbox, do I need to rebuy?
I'd say you're good.
Got a declined credit card as well, but with no game in my library. Rebooted and bought again, and all went proper, except I still haven't received any receipt yet... I suppose I'll get it later when the servers stop getting hammered.

Aesius

OH WHAT THE FUCK.

I accidentally clicked through to view a game without changing the birthdate, so now Steam won't let me view any Mature rated games!!! How the fuck do I change this????

luxarific said:
If I get the "your credit card was declined" message when I try to buy something, but the game shows up in my library and I get a receipt in my e-mail inbox, do I need to rebuy?

As best as I can tell, no. Check your email and you should have a "yay you bought this" confirmation email.

Dug

Banned
Aesius said:
OH WHAT THE FUCK.

I accidentally clicked through to view a game without changing the birthdate, so now Steam won't let me view any Mature rated games!!! How the fuck do I change this????
Restart steam?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Sinatar said:
I just bought a game called Shattered Union for $.50. I have no idea what it is or whether it's good or not, but how can you say no to 50 cents.

Oh Steam. :lol

You actually made a pretty good buy. Its a strategy game with a few minor quirks. Finally bought it today as well :) Read some reviews when it was released.
More people should take a look.

Salaadin

Sinatar said:
I just bought a game called Shattered Union for $.50. I have no idea what it is or whether it's good or not, but how can you say no to 50 cents.

Dont you read? That game might be on sale for .35 cents as a daily deal in the next few days. You couldve saved some money if you waited :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
$30.09, 16 games:

Sid Meier's Pirates!
Puzzler World
Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis
Sniper Elite
Blueberry Garden
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Super Meat Boy (rebuy, 200/200 on XBLA)
Exodus From the Earth
Runaway, A Road Adventure
Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death
Winterbottom (rebuy, 200/200 on XBLA)

Indie Future Pack
- Hacker Evolution
- Uplink
- Twin Sector
- Hammerfight
- System Protocol One

kai3345

Banned
lantus said:
How is Bad Company 2 on PC? I've been looking at getting it for sometime on PS3, but this deal is pretty enticing.
I've played the shit out of it on 360 and its my multiplayer GO-whatever year it came out in.

One of the best multiplayer games of all time, only beat out by L4D2 and TF2.

And I assume one PC its better than consoles

Owzers

Sinatar said:

We all did, it's the Steam way of life.

I really wish console gaming would take a steam approach with sales, well, my wallet doesn't. So thanks Microsoft/Sony for making sure i have money for Steam sales.

Blizzard

Banned
Toma said:
You actually made a pretty good buy. Its a strategy game with a few minor quirks. Finally bought it today as well :) Read some reviews when it was released.
More people should take a look.
According to the earlier poster, it won't work on Windows Vista or Windows 7 (for most people?). I'd recommend the Winterbottom game for 50 cents instead, since it worked for me and is kind of silly/clever.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
ZZMitch said:
Game was made for PC dude
Hmm.. I wouldn't say that.

Game has more players on the PC (32 vs 24 max), but it CERTAINLY wasn't made on or for PCs.

Bad Company is a Console offshoot of the Battelfield Series. It's pretty awesome and servers are always packed.

Metalic Sand said:
Do people still play BC2 on PC? No im not joking! So many good PC games im afraid of the community being small.

Ha, I wish. The amount of times I have to queue up just to get into my local servers.

Max

I am not Max
Metalic Sand said:
Do people still play BC2 on PC? No im not joking! So many good PC games im afraid of the community being small.
Yep it's still huge. And the Vietnam expansion is populated as well.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Metalic Sand said:

I picked it up again for a bit this weekend and there's people playing both BC2 and BC2:Vietnam.

Max

I am not Max
dark10x said:
How is the Stranger's Wrath port? Gamepad support? Good performance? 16:9 support?
From reading the other thread about it, I think it's a good idea to buy now while its on sale and play the Xbox ports later on once they release a patch.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Sinatar said:

A lot of the games in the 2K pack are cheap. Honestly the only thing holding me back from buying a ton of them, even just to have some of them in my Steam Library, is the fact that they might be part of some better daily deal later on.

snack

kai3345 said:
you guys think BC2:V might go on sale as a daily deal?
I highly doubt it. But you never know. Look at SMB, it just won many people's hearts with the price deduction after a month of being released.

gregor7777 said:
That Valve pack was a hell of a deal. I mean, value wise it's still amazing and one of the better deals going, but for $25? :lol
Not that I was going to pay 25 USD just for HL1 but how did they mess that up again after last time? :lol

Getting pretty tired of not being able to buy anything during these sales. I keep getting an error message when trying to purchase - same thing happened during the last sale a couple months ago.

Nothing I try seems to work.

Does BBC2 have the windows 360 controller support? Crazy question right? Who would chose to play with a controller when you have a mouse and keyboard? Don't judge me.

Lumine

I'm still looking for someone from the US who can gift me Battlefield BC2. I can paypal you the money right away. Please pm me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Stumpokapow said:
Sid Meier's Pirates!
This isn't a daily deal, is it? I really enjoyed it back in the day, but it was on a mega old computer that ran it slow and choppy. I always felt that it'd be fun to play again on a proper computer. If the games I want most don't end up taking my money by the end of this, I might nab it.

Dice said:
This isn't a daily deal, is it? I really enjoyed it back in the day, but it was on a mega old computer that ran it slow and choppy. I always felt that it'd be fun to play again on a proper computer. If the games I want most don't end up taking my money by the end of this, I might nab it.
Just bought it myself, had a lot of fun with it a few years ago with a friend. £1.50 can't argue.

got winterbottom, deus ex collection, pop 2008 and pop two thrones in the cart. 9,31€, not bad.

thinking about buying broken sword director's cut, vvvvvv and lucasarts adventure pack but i don't know if i can wait to see if they drop!

stuminus3

GillianSeed79 said:
Does BBC2 have the windows 360 controller support.
No, it doesn't. Which is kind of weird for multiplatform game these days.

I lied about waiting to bite on the indie bundles, I was scanning my wishlist and noticed a couple of indies that are usually $19.99 included in tasty looking bundles and couldn't resist. So my total for the day is now $50 for 21 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom