• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
BioHazard said:
3012hxy.png

fuck-yea.png
You have lost. :(

Maddness

Man great sale today. I do want NFS, but I'm not sure if it's at the biting price.

I hope they do a Tomb Raider bundle, otherwise i'll just have to snag them on the last day.

Suairyu

Banned
Blizzard said:
Unfortunately our old online thread has been deleted, where we used to have a GAF freeride group, but I know at least one group that still does freerides in FUEL occasionally.
Woah woah wait what why?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Thanks TFF for Hitman! I've already played Blood Money on 360 but I can't wait to go through it again.

For those on my Steam list, get your wishlists prepped. Once I get more money at the end of January, massive gifting on my part will ensue. :D

Domino Theory said:
Thanks TFF for Hitman! I've already played Blood Money on 360 but I can't wait to go through it again.

For those on my Steam list, get your wishlists prepped. Once I get more money at the end of January, massive gifting on my part will ensue. :D

And why don't I have you on my Steam friends list? Post your profile or PM me.

Volcynika

shadowcomplex said:
i want to buy Monday night combat but i don't know if i should wait till jan 2 or just go for it. any advice gaf?

Why would you wait? It's a pre-order, it's not going to be a daily deal.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Metro 2033 is $17.95 on Amazon; does anyone know if it can be activated on Steam?

MotorbreathX said:
First person to guess my favorite band gets a $5 game of their choice.

Metallica

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Chiggs said:
Metro 2033 is $17.95 on Amazon; does anyone know if it can be activated on Steam?

Yeah, it's a Steamworks title. You might want to wait until the 2nd to see if it goes on sale for $10 again, though.

FoxSpirit

A late reply on Swords and Soldiers: for 2.50, it was a steal.

It's actaully quite fun, with a balance reminiscent of MvC2: all the races are broken therefore the game is balanced :lol
Seriously, it's the best kind of balance. Vikings is straight forward, few units but seriously powerful magic. And you get a massive magic income boost to boot.
Aztecs are... weird. My current plan revolves around saving up some money, sacrificing the army for mana, the boulder and necromancers for all the dead bodies afterwards+all the spam I can get.
I haven't really played the Chinese yet but will be interesting to see if they managed to also make them as different as the first two.

Too bad it's 5 bucks now, which isn't such a nobrainer anymore. But if you like HD sprites, sidescollers and RTS you should still enjoy it. Campaign is ridiculous as well and I must say really well done.
My only wish: add some blood. Yeah yeah, but come on, Starcraft 2 is also only half as fun if your huge banelings bust doesn't result in massive acid death :D
(damn you censored Korean version and GSL).

sidenote: I'm out of funds atm so I can't buy Shatter. Anyone wanna gift it, I'll repay you in 2 weeks >.<

zoku88

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is Hegemony or Grand Ages games any good? They look cool in concept but reviews seem low.
I bought Hegemony based on the fact that Troy Goodfellow from Three Moves Ahead seemed to remark that it was worth more than 3 bucks. Have not played it yet to see if he's actually correct, though.

Blizzard

Banned
MotorbreathX said:
It was close. PM me your info too and the game you want.
Nah, but thanks. To make up for suggesting something horrible about Chiggs, the next person who responds and knows what technical project I've been making (and posting updates about on NeoGAF) gets a $5 game/pack of their choice.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Blizzard said:
Stop the presses...did he edit that response in AFTER I posted? :O (If not I apologize, we'd need a mod to tell though)

I certainly did edit it in, but only because I couldn't post because of the time limit. I think someone else above me got it first (in spoilers).

Tell you what, I'll buy you a $7.00 gift. Pick away.

Chiggs said:
I certainly did edit it in, but only because I couldn't post because of the time limit. I think someone else above me got it first (in spoilers).

He doesn't want it but I do :D (I'll give it to someone else)

Blizzard

Banned
Chiggs said:

No thanks, but you're a cool dude. :D CARRY ON!

Minsc said:
That's easy. It's because you suck. ;)
Nono, VAMPIRES suck.
haw haw haw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom