• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proc

Metalic Sand said:
Ughh the stalker games are $10 each. Not $2.50 like they should be. Not buying a bundle that has a game i already own.

Call of Pripyat is still 75% off. That's how I'm looking at it and I'm not sure if I can pass that up.

syoaran

Funny, I was watching the StarWars EP3 Robot Chicken and really wanted to play a star wars game - thanks Steam.

Also, RA3+Expansion and FC2 are mine. Been a good sale to be fair, kinda wish I had picked up PoP collection and possibly Bioshock2 when it was on sale, but ho-hum

I think i'm gonna get the THQ bundle on the last day of the sale so I will skip STALKER, which I would only be buying for Pripyat.

Almost bought Guardians of Graxia cause I'm a sucker for cheap computerized boardgames but then I see there's no multiplayer... so, nah.

So nothing really looks worthwhile for me today.

Salsa

IrishNinja said:
hey salsa - if youre stuck and can't get it sorted by a matter of dollars, message me and ill gift it to you. we can always work out the difference later, be a shame to miss a sale you've clearly been waiting on, man.

pm sent you kind sir!

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Why don't you ask a Gaffer in the UK to buy it for you and then pay them back when you can. Then you get the game cheaper too.

yeah, now that i know that this is what im trying to do D:

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Probably will take RA3 without the expansion. Seems to be tacked on and a standalone pack. The expansion has new units but then offers no multiplayer? Wth?

UrbanRats

wormstrangler said:
Even if you already own STALKER:SoC, CoP is still easily worth $5.

I bought the bundle even though I already own the original (on disc).
This is my case, though i still have to finish the first one(i've barely started it, actually) so i'll wait for the next sale.
STALKER goes on sale costantly.

confused

Banned
UK GAF -

Hook me up with Far Cry 2 and I'll regift you anything worth $5 in the store. Make a quick buck, help me out

SteamID is zaangamer

Oreoleo

Proc said:
Call of Pripyat is still 75% off. That's how I'm looking at it and I'm not sure if I can pass that up.
I paid 12.50 for it earlier in the year. Game is easily worth triple that. Considering the game's been out less than a year. These people wishing for 2.50 are some cheap sob's.

Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection and the Stalker Bundle are mine! I'm trying hard to avoid buying the Hitman bundle as well because I've played the hell out of both Silent Assassin and Blood Money already. Not that they aren't worth replaying, it's just that I've purchased 7 games today alone. Oh well, there's still time for me to cave, plus I've never played Codename 47. Hrmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Dambrosi

Banned
I only want STALKER: Call Of Pripyat *UBISOFT READ THIS -> (already own SoC, love it - just like everybody else) <- UBISOFT READ THIS*, but I'm £1 short in both my PayPal and bank accounts.

One measly pound. And the banks are all closed until January 3rd.

I'd say "fuck my life" but I've gotten a lot out of this sale already, so I can't grouse too much.

However, if there are any Kind souls who'd take it upon themselves to help a bro out, I wouldn't look unkindly upon such offers.

WHY OH WHY AREN'T THE INDIVIDUAL GAMES MARKED DOWN? Goddammit Ubi.

Oreoleo

Metalic Sand said:
And its always a sale with STALKER 1 then 2 or 3. Never just 2/3. Everyone already owns 1!
2 isn't on sale at all, ever! Right now it is at full price, and has been the entire sale. I know people say its bad, but damn youd think GSC is actively trying to keep people from playing it. Crazy euros.

Bii

YianGaruga said:
I could need some Steam friends by the way:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/yiangaruga/

I currently have 2. :(

Boom! Added you.

Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition
Flight Control HD
Dawn of Discovery Gold
Guardians of Graxia
The Hitman Collection
Indie 2D Pack

I've shown a bit of restraint today as I didn't buy any C&C games nor did I get the STALKER bundle (already have Chernobyl).

I think the only games, so far, that I regret not purchasing during this sale is Darksiders for $10 and yesterday's Oblivion IV: GOTY Deluxe for $12.50. I thought I had purchased the latter but it was just sitting in my cart when I logged on today at 10:15am. :(

~Kinggi~

Banned
god damnit no Tomb Raider pack

:(

Anyway, some of these deals are pretty good. Already own the stalker bundle, empire on steam.

Own far cry 2 and Dawn of Discovery on retail.

Probably gonna jump on Red Alert games.

geeko

Just got a new computer for christmas and went through my first steam sale. I think I made off pretty well:

BFBC2
Crysis
Left for Dead 2
mirrors edge
Stalker set
Team Fortress 2
The Witcher

I'm set for a while now. When is the next steam sale usually?

Nitemare1

I'm pretty sure this has already been covered but if I already have the first stalker game I can't gift it from the bundle to someone who doesn't have it if i just want to get Pripyat can I?

sestrugen said:
is team fortress 2 worth it? Don't want to buy into the hype and would love a healthy multiplayer community
for £3 you have a game with more content then most pc games out there, very healthy multi and lots of hat collecting.

Dambrosi said:
I only want STALKER: Call Of Pripyat *UBISOFT READ THIS -> (already own SoC, love it - just like everybody else) <- UBISOFT READ THIS*, but I'm £1 short in both my PayPal and bank accounts.

One measly pound. And the banks are all closed until January 3rd.

I'd say "fuck my life" but I've gotten a lot out of this sale already, so I can't grouse too much.

However, if there are any Kind souls who'd take it upon themselves to help a bro out, I wouldn't look unkindly upon such offers.

WHY OH WHY AREN'T THE INDIVIDUAL GAMES MARKED DOWN? Goddammit Ubi.

I can help you out. What's your Steam name?

iam220

Oh wow, best day yet!

Theatre Of War2
Stalker Bundle
Anno
Empire total war pack

<50 bucks. Why do I do this to myself? My backlog is so insanely huge that if no games were to release I'd probably be set for the next couple of years.

The day Activision and steam become friends will be a happy day. Starcraft and Diablo back cats on steam for a decent price and not the over the odds price that Battle.net ask for.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I fucking knew I should have bought Grand Ages:Rome. I enjoyed the demo, thought I had enough... but no, Now I want to play a bloody city builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom