• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

ChennehCis said:
It seems weird that STALKER Clear Sky was left out of the STALKER bundle, it's' not even discounted :/

Gamers everywhere rejoiced.

geeko420 said:
I'm officially addicted and saving for the next steam sale. When can we expect the next big steam sale?

mid summer for sure. Maybe Easter.

Ceebs

Big B said:
is flight control better on PC or iphone?
It's just as fun on PC, but the game is best enjoyed in very short bursts. I think it makes an amazing cell phone game, but it's merely a nice diversion on PC.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
confused said:
UK GAF -

Hook me up with Far Cry 2 and I'll regift you anything worth $5 in the store. Make a quick buck, help me out

SteamID is zaangamer

Accept my FR on Steam and it's yours.

Dambrosi said:
However, if there are any Kind souls who'd take it upon themselves to help a bro out, I wouldn't look unkindly upon such offers.

PM me your Steam ID/email address and job's a good 'un.

I bought stalker and jedi knight collections today. It should be noted that I was a competitive Jedi Outcast player before they patched all of the awesome imbalances out of it.

jiien

sestrugen said:
is team fortress 2 worth it? Don't want to buy into the hype and would love a healthy multiplayer community

I'm surprised there are still people out there without it. The multiplayer community is certainly very healthy, numbers-wise, but a part of the community has devolved to hat-trading.

That said, you can always find good servers and groups of people to play with (hint: we're on a forum right now!), and in my opinion, the new hats/items don't necessarily make the game imbalanced in any way. You don't have to pay a thing to still be competitive.

If you want a fast-paced, goofy, class-based shooter, then go for it. I don't spend a lot of time playing, but I get the itch every so often to just run around shooting stuff and hopping like a mad man.

Just bought a healthy amount of games today:

Team Fortress 2 (I need Steam friends, I only have three atm, played TF2 on the 360 when it first came out).
FarCry 2
Dawn of Discovery
Jedi Knight pack
Hitman: Blood Money

Man, I should have bought Crysis: Warhead when I had the chance. It completely slipped my mind that the next update of Mechwarrior: Living Legends is going to require Wars.

Hopefully it'll come back during a best of on the last day. :(

1-D_FTW

~Kinggi~ said:
god damnit no Tomb Raider pack

:(

Anyway, some of these deals are pretty good. Already own the stalker bundle, empire on steam.

Own far cry 2 and Dawn of Discovery on retail.

Probably gonna jump on Red Alert games.

I had that hope going into the sale. When they put out the Lara Croft game by itself, figured that was dead. Jumped on Anniversary and GoL for 8.60 instead.

ColonelSkills said:
Man, I should have bought Crysis: Warhead when I had the chance. It completely slipped my mind that the next update of Mechwarrior: Living Legends is going to require Wars.

Hopefully it'll come back during a best of on the last day. :(

NOOO!!! Thanks for ruining my day a little more... :p

~Kinggi~

Banned
So which of the C&C games are worth it? Im definitely getting Red Alert 3, but is the expansion pack worth it? What about all the other games?

Minsc

Gold Member
kamspy said:
Gamers everywhere rejoiced.

mid summer for sure. Maybe Easter.

There's a Clear Sky Complete mod, like the Complete mod with the original. Pretty sure it makes Clear Sky a better game.

Whenever I see people asking if TF2 is worth it it makes me sad because that means they don't own the orange box :( That's like a christian asking if the bible is worth $5.

sestrugen

Diablohead said:
for £3 you have a game with more content then most pc games out there, very healthy multi and lots of hat collecting.

bought, thank you very much for your input

need some friends to play, my ID is sestrugen

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
shintoki said:
I fucking knew I should have bought Grand Ages:Rome. I enjoyed the demo, thought I had enough... but no, Now I want to play a bloody city builder
... I am not telling you to get a certain game because you would bloody IGNORE me :p

But for real: You seem to be a bit more experienced. You should choose Children of the Nile over CivCity.

shintoki said:
I fucking knew I should have bought Grand Ages:Rome. I enjoyed the demo, thought I had enough... but no, Now I want to play a bloody city builder
CivCity or Children of the Nile. I'm getting the latter today, and it's on sale. I got good references of it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
sestrugen said:
is team fortress 2 worth it? Don't want to buy into the hype and would love a healthy multiplayer community
Its always wierd seeing people who don't play TF2 :lol

And yes, the community is very healthy. Swathes of busy servers for all maps at any time.

~Kinggi~ said:
So which of the C&C games are worth it? Im definitely getting Red Alert 3, but is the expansion pack worth it? What about all the other games?
Uprising is not worth it. C&C4 is ... different. There's no base building. Not to say you won't like it, but I didn't.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
~Kinggi~ said:

Expansion seems to be tacked on. New units but only for the new addon which has NO multiplayer. I am def. skipping that.

Shambles

Consiering it's a Valve multiplayer only game I'm surprised there's no 4-pack for TF2. I already own it myself but family members don't so really it's either a whole pack for me or none at all.

Dambrosi

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
I haven't bought anything yet. Should I pass in the Hitman collection, get Blood Money only and the STALKER bundle? I only have $11, maybe I'll get more worth with that, but ain't too sure about STALKER.
Buy the STALKER pack. Then, once installed, play Shadow of Chernobyl vanilla for a bit.

After you're done, find the 2009 Complete mod HERE and install it. It applies tons of graphical enhancements and bug fixes, and really enriches your STALKing experience. You'll see the difference for yourself, don't worry.

Blizzard

Banned
Lol at C&C4 and its persistent internet connection requirement, thank you but no! I've been using a laptop with an intermittent internet connection (can't even use Steam due to the wireless router not letting enough ports to be forwarded or whatever) all week. :p

Star Wars games for $5, I finally give in. Far Cry 2 fine, I'll finally give in...actually getting Far Cry 1 as well for the extra $2.50 considering how well it was apparently received. Apparently Guardians of Graxia is a...card-based game? Unusual. Kirby, maybe you'd like it.

Any opinions on the Theatre of War games? More to the point, AHHH SOMEBODY TALK ME OUT OF BUYING THE COMPLETE 1C PACK EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY OWN THE KING'S BOUNTY GAMES AHHHHH :lol

zomg, dudebros, I just dropped like $32 and got Rome, Medieval, Empire and Napoleon with a metric assload DLC. Since I already had Empire they wouldn't give me a second copy, but whatever. Thanks, STEAM!

I will now surrender my life to the 20+ games I've bought in the last three days.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Oh yeah, everyone should buy Dawn of Discovery. It is oneof the most amazingly beautiful and addicting world building games you could want. And they patched out the shitty drm with the latest updates.

Salsa

So, any Euro gaffer wants to help me out with the Far Cry bundle (i mean 1+2 wich is about 6 us dollars right?) ? i can paypal on monday since fuckin new years :( lol

Darklord

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:

Red Alert 3 sucks, it's expansions suck and C&C4 is an abomination. C&C3 and it's expansion is great fun though. Dunno how the community is now but it was great online.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
SteelAttack said:
CivCity or Children of the Nile. I'm getting the latter today, and it's on sale. I got good references of it.
Yeah, but what I was eyeing is the expansion, which includes a Conquest mode.

=[

Blizzard said:
Any opinions on the Theatre of War games? More to the point, AHHH SOMEBODY TALK ME OUT OF BUYING THE COMPLETE 1C PACK EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY OWN THE KING'S BOUNTY GAMES AHHHHH :lol
If you already own King's Bounty, and grab the Theatre of War pack and the Star Wolves pack at some point, that's already half the list. Then there's, what? Men of War...

Ceebs

Blizzard said:
Lol at C&C4 and its persistent internet connection requirement, thank you but no! I've been using a laptop with an intermittent internet connection (can't even use Steam due to the wireless router not letting enough ports to be forwarded or whatever) all week. :p

Star Wars games for $5, I finally give in. Far Cry 2 fine, I'll finally give in...actually getting Far Cry 1 as well for the extra $2.50 considering how well it was apparently received. Apparently Guardians of Graxia is a...card-based game? Unusual. Kirby, maybe you'd like it.

75 bucks seems pricey if you already have the KB games. I say grab the Necrovision games by themselves. Someone could probably suggest the best Star Wolves game as well if those pique your interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom