• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
SonOfABeep said:
Windows 7 64bit.

I'm talking specifically about Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2.

I haven't finished downloading the others but dark forces 1 works just fine.

Won't even boot. Hard to tell what's wrong with it when it just does that.
I just tried downloading and running it under Windows 7 Home Premium. Without any changes it launched and played the intro cutscenes (which are...hilarious, I guess? :lol :lol I don't know that I've ever played a game with semi-live-action scenes like these). Once the game cut in it goes to fullscreen and things are distorted, though. I guess I need to hunt for a way to make it windowed. Screenshot example:
http://www.abload.de/img/jk2011-01-0112-20-39-6lior.jpg

At any rate, it doesn't crash on startup for me, so I'm not sure what's happening on your system.

1-D_FTW

I had Bloodlines a long time ago and sold it on ebay. Added to my wishlist for you guys.

Does the game run a lot better on new PCs? I didn't have issues with the framerate, but as the world began getting populated with more of my actions, loads went from .01 seconds (where you couldn't even read the tip screens) to FOREVER. Made the game a total chore when you knew entering a house was going to give you a minute load to get in and out (and you weren't sure you needed to ask somebody anything).

DMPrince said:
it'll be on sale when Breaking Dawn is released in theatres.

25% off. 14.99.

Lkr

mm04 said:
C'mon NBA 2K11! That's the last thing I'm waiting for. I've spent around $90 for 9 games, so not bad at all. It seems like a lot, but then I think if I had just bought 2 of these games at release for my 360 or PS3, I'd be over $30 over this amount. At least that's my rationaliztion. :lol
2k11, make it happen Based Gabe!

cracked at Far Cry 2 for $5.

I figure for that price I at least gotta see what a lot of people (who's opinions I respect) have been talking about...

Also, thank you for having it be < 4 GB

My HDD can't take any more Steam holiday sales :lol

Stallion Free said:
If there isn't a TR collection, I still highly recommend picking up Anniversary at the very least. It's a steal at 5$ and the best of the batch on Steam.
Yeah, I got that one but after playing some of it I really want to play Legend and Underworld too.

EDIT: Oh lord, I just added my stuff up. 100.98! That's wild.

Dawn of Discovery $14.99
CivCity: Rome $00.99
Oblivion: GOTY Deluxe $12.49
Swords and Soliders HD $02.50
SimCity 4 Deluxe $04.99
NWN 2: Platinum $09.99
Serious Sam Gold $03.99
Alpha Protocol $07.50
Mass Effect 2 $09.99
Super Meat Boy $03.75
Winterbottom $00.49

Total: $71.67

Fuuuu. i went over my $50 limit :lol.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Tally Count!
Tomb Raider Anniversary + GOL: 8.60$
IronGrip: 2.50$
Bully SE, Recettear, Just Cause 2: 18.05$
King Aurthur: 5.60$
BC2: 6.80$
Crysis ME: 7.45$
The Ball/Amnesia: 9.80$
Hitman Blood Money, Far Cry 2 FE, CivCity:Rome: 8.50$

67.30$

And too be fair, GoG.
Shadowmagic/Outcast: 10.20
Stronghold: 3.60

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Gah, I'm trying to buy Jedi Knight Collection from my phone, but is constantly rejected (IP issue I guess).
Any gaffer willing to gift it to me? Will gift something of equal value of choice later.

December purchases:

Jedi Knight Bundle
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP + SoC
Hitman: Blood Money
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
CivCity: Rome
Humble Indie Bundle
The Deus Ex Collection
Super Meat Boy (gifted by a very generous gaffer! :D)
Burnout Paradise (Free. Thanks EA!)

Total: $26.26

YAY! :p

Chiggs

Gold Member
Metro 2033
Just Cause 2
Kane and Lynch 2
FEAR 2
Dark Sector (gifted to me)
STALKER Bundle
------------------
Total is $52.87 (could have been better, but I missed out on the Just Cause 2 deal at $7.50).

UrbanRats

UrbanRats said:
How does Jedi Academy hold up? I played it on Xbox ages ago, kinda liked it, not as Outcast though.

Is the modding on the game relevant?
So, guys? i'm sorry for the autoquote, but i got just 15 min. left.

Super Meat Boy
Winterbottom
CivCity
Darksiders
The Witcher
Burnout Paradise (Free)
Humble Pack
2 Gifts

All about $30. Pretty satisfied right now. Will pick up Mass Effects before end of week.

Suairyu

Banned
UrbanRats said:
It's a little clumsy, but overall really fun. Non-linear missions compared to Outcast but not as strong a story. You get to fight a rancor.

IrishNinja

Asparagus said:
Come on Sega, Put Sonic All Star Racing on -75% today, it's your last chance!

id love to see this, actually. was a really fun 360 rental, id totally buy in for a low price, best sega fanfare since uh, bayonetta.

mattiewheels said:
So, who's buying Bloodlines today after the final sales get posted? Or would that be giving in?

really considering it, even though im not yet done with planescape, still have BG2 from gog, etc in queue:lol i just want to have it ready when i am! and honestly, if i run through it before halloween and let's say its $5-10 off that day (magically) then from all ive read, i should more than have had my money's worth.

Yeef said:
The Longest Journey is absolutely worth $10. Hurry up and buy it!

I own Bloodlines (had it gifted it to me last week), but haven't played it yet. Nor have I played Dreamfall, but from what I've it's not as good as The Longest Journey.

man, that's a nice gift. :D its a sequel though, yeah? can you jump into Longest Journey or is it advisable to go through Dreamfall first?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
UrbanRats said:
Jedi Academy was built with mouse and keyboard in mind and it holds up great. You can make the game properly widescreen and throw lots of AA at it and play it at 60 fps and it can look quite decent at times. The game isn't as polished as JK2 and the story is weaker, but the gameplay is still fucking boss and the level variety is truly something.

IrishNinja said:
man, that's a nice gift. :D its a sequel though, yeah? can you jump into Longest Journey or is it advisable to go through Dreamfall first?
Other way around. Dreamfall is the sequel to The Longest Journey. So play The Longest Journey first.

Firebrand

Stallion Free said:
If there isn't a TR collection, I still highly recommend picking up Anniversary at the very least. It's a steal at 5$ and the best of the batch on Steam.

I second this. Well worth $5 / €5.

Asparagus

IrishNinja said:
id love to see this, actually. was a really fun 360 rental, id totally buy in for a low price, best sega fanfare since uh, bayonetta.
Well that's not happening, ah well. Mafia 2 for a fiver though.... tempting.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
deals are up. no bloodlines :lol just buy it already.

Xzior

S29UR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom