• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I am in need of info for this Divinity game. Never heard of it. Is this like Elder Scrolls or BG/NVN2/DA:O?

1-D_FTW

How is the Jimmy DLC for Mafia 2? Are the missions less driving/talking and more pew-pew?

I'm strangely drawn to Mafia 2 right now even though I'm not sure I actually like the game. It's definitely got atmosphere that I like.

Owzers

Still a pretty good Holiday sale this year:

King Arthur $3
Amnesia $4.80
The Witcher $5
Indie Fright Pack $5
P.B. Winterbottom 49cents
Shattered Union 49 cents
another Humble Bundle.

already have Zeno Clash from a previous sale, interested in Divinity 2 but since i can't play it right now i'm not going to future system backlog it for $20.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
vocab said:
They are good, but OF being cannon is up in the air. If you like anything Half Life, you'd be dumb not to play them.
Planning on playing HL1 for the first time. Best to jump on it anyways I'm guessing.

Mrbob

Lime said:
Is the Digital Deluxe edition of Mafia 2 worth the extra money?

If you want the sound track and art book. I'd get Mafia 2 and at least Jimmy's Vendetta and Joe's Adventure. Each of these DLC packs at $2.49 is an extremely good price. I grabbed all of them since it is only $7.94 when it is normally around 32 bucks for all.

Minsc

Gold Member
EvaPlusMinus said:
I am in need of info for this Divinity game. Never heard of it. Is this like Elder Scrolls or BG/NVN2/DA:O?

Here's the OT, I think it looks quite nice, can't wait to finally play it (when I get to it).

Edit: Here's a post from the old Divinity II thread, detailing the performance/graphics improvements w/ the DKS expansion.

Wellington said:
Actually, might as well grab both Episode one and Episode two of HL2. Hadn't played through them.

Yes, definitely do that. Some of the best few hours of gaming for a few bucks? Can't go wrong with that.

scitek

Ha, I had everything else from The Orange Box on PC except the episodes. I've pieced it all together slowly, and now it's complete! Muahahahaha!!!!

Scipius

UrbanRats said:
Does HAlf life 2 stand alone have the graphics improvement from the Orange Box?

It must have; it makes no sense for Valve to keep two different versions online. Besides, the Store Page for HL2 itself lists all of the improvements from the OB: achievements, cloud and HDR.

Mihos

Gold Member
I loved Divinity 2. The expansion was a little bit of a disappointment since you only take dragon form once and it confines you to the city for the most part.

It is a definite 'get' if you are on the fence.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Archie said:
Kinda want Divinity 2, Settlers 7 and Mafia 2, but I've spent too much as is and have a massive backlog. I guess I'll wait until the next holiday sale to pick those up.
Pretty much the same. I want all 3, but no interest in paying what they are asking.

And with my current backlog, wouldn't get to them anyways.

Blizzard

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
How is the Jimmy DLC for Mafia 2? Are the missions less driving/talking and more pew-pew?

I'm strangely drawn to Mafia 2 right now even though I'm not sure I actually like the game. It's definitely got atmosphere that I like.
I'm also considering the $5 for the Jimmy and Joe DLC, as long as they're well done, and not purely linear drive to point X and shoot people style missions...I dunno.

KPJZKC said:
Check the steam forums, there's a direct draw wrapper you can download to fix those issues (border of the screen flickers for me, but at least it's playable)
Thanks...I guess I'll have to do some Google searching, unless anyone (Stallion Free?) has ready-at-hand advice to make Jedi Knight 2 Dark Forces playable in Windows 7 64-bit.

Kryten

I'm thinking it's finally time to add the original Half Life to my Steam account - it's probably worth the $3.74 (for the anthology) just to play the opening sequence again.

Nabs

NBA 2k11 at $20 is still a bargin. If you like NBA games and have a 360 pad (or ps3 pad w/ emu) you should consider it. I just installed a bunch of mods last night (lighting, sweat, faces, courts...) and it looks great. The 2k folks say there's a patch ready to be released as well, so maybe we aren't forgotten.

If anyone picks it up and needs help with something (config file or mods) send me a pm or bump that lttp thread on the pc version and I'll try to help.

Bigfoot

LCfiner said:
aaand nothing for me today. I am in the clear.

total damage over the two weeks:

138 dollars.

everything from daily deals. I'll have a ton of games for 2011 and beyond. kinda crazy - especially considering how dense 2011 already is with potentially quality new releases.
At least you can pass on the 2011 games until they go on sale. I've got such a constant backlog that I hardly ever pay full price for anything anymore unless it is something I really have to play when it comes out.

kharma45

Gonna grab Maifa II, for £5 can't go too far wrong I guess.

GAF, which is the better buy for 89p, Half Life or Half Life: Source? My bro said to go for the older one as with some mods it's generally a better game than it running on the Source engine. Any opinions?

Mr Cola said:
the fm2011 guys do not know how to do steam sales, £20 is not a sale in my eyes

True, the game is £15 on disc, far better buy as you can register the serial on Steam then flog it to CEX.

Wellington said:
Meh, crappy last new sales day.
Good run fellas. Let's see what comes up tomorrow! Cmon Witcher!

Wellington said:
Actually, might as well grab both Episode one and Episode two of HL2. Hadn't played through them.
Hell, and with L4D it's even cheaper.

These 2 quotes conflict with each other.

Also, it says 85% off if you own L4D1 or 2. Does this only show up after you put a game in your cart? The store page only shows 75% off.

NVM It's fixed.

VALIS

This will end up being the only day I didn't buy anything. The only two titles I'm interested in and don't have -- Divinity II and Settlers 7 -- are still too expensive to justify when I have the most massive backlog ever.

mm04

Nothing really interesting to me except for Bionic Commando: Rearmed. Is that worth $5? Has it ever been on sale for less than that?

epmode

pirata said:
Would anybody recommend Bionic Commando Rearmed for five bucks?
God yes. It's one of my favorite remakes ever. It doesn't look like much but it plays great and has a fantastic soundtrack.

kharma45 said:
True, the game is £15 on disc, far better buy as you can register the serial on Steam then flog it to CEX.

Dunno if you should be encouraging people to sell a game they're still playing. No matter how you or CEX feel on the matter, its blatant piracy, one serial is only good for one license.

Spent just over £100 on Steam this year and just over that in hardware upgrades (first in 2 years), very happy for the good times that have been had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom