• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
the fm2011 guys do not know how to do steam sales, £20 is not a sale in my eyes

KPJZKC

Blizzard said:
I just tried downloading and running it under Windows 7 Home Premium. Without any changes it launched and played the intro cutscenes (which are...hilarious, I guess? :lol :lol I don't know that I've ever played a game with semi-live-action scenes like these). Once the game cut in it goes to fullscreen and things are distorted, though. I guess I need to hunt for a way to make it windowed. Screenshot example:
http://www.abload.de/img/jk2011-01-0112-20-39-6lior.jpg

At any rate, it doesn't crash on startup for me, so I'm not sure what's happening on your system.

Check the steam forums, there's a direct draw wrapper you can download to fix those issues (border of the screen flickers for me, but at least it's playable)

Peff

Awful Europe prices :/

Is today the last day with new deals, then? Guess I'll get Toki Tori and a couple cheap regular deals.

fatty

jiien said:
Haha, they made Medal of Honor take up two spots.

Yeah, what the heck is up with that?

Maybe if you click on the left side of the graphic it will lead to an 85% off Bloodlines deal...

Mareg

Alright, we are fast coming to the last day of sale.

I'm sure that everyone has been patiently waiting for the last day to buy many games that unfortunately didn't make it to the dailies.
Games that are still on sale, still very awesome, but still overlooked because they were not put out on front page as a daily.

Me, I'm just too lazy to make it through the insane 52 pages of STEAM games on sales and make the necessary research to get the gems out of the mix. GAF help a poor sob and make your list of game that you still think are awesome, on sale, and didn't make it to the dailies :)

My wallet is still too heavy and I need more awesome overlooked gems. Thing is, if I buy the thousands of games at 1-2$, it still makes too much damn money. I need some kind of filter.

LyR

Banned
the new year starts kinda meh, but gonna buy zeno clash ... I saw so many awesome screenshots in "post your screenshots" threads

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Kinda want Divinity 2, Settlers 7 and Mafia 2, but I've spent too much as is and have a massive backlog. I guess I'll wait until the next holiday sale to pick those up.

LCfiner

aaand nothing for me today. I am in the clear.

total damage over the two weeks:

138 dollars.

everything from daily deals. I'll have a ton of games for 2011 and beyond. kinda crazy - especially considering how dense 2011 already is with potentially quality new releases.

nny

Well, this is it for deals, I guess it's time to finally get some games on the wishlist (Ceville, Zen Bound, Blueberry Garden...maybe Runaway 2?).

epmode

DIVINITY HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!

I'd go for The Settlers too but I still won't budge with that DRM (and I know it's a little better now).
vocab said:
Man, Dragon Knight saga looks so damn good but fucking securom...
Securom is garbage but it's still better than requiring an internet connection each time a single player game is launched.

..but yeah, I don't understand activation limits for Steam games.

Ceebs

Kabuki Waq said:
how is Divinity 2? When it first came out a lot fo ppl were dissapointed with it. HOw does it run on pc?
It was my #2 game on my GOTY list if that helps any. It has a bit of the old Euro RPG jank, but other than that it's a great game.

vocab

enzo_gt said:
GAF, is Half-Life 1 Anthology any good? Like the expansion packs or whatnot?

They are good, but OF being cannon is up in the air. If you like anything Half Life, you'd be dumb not to play them.

Minsc

Gold Member
Kabuki Waq said:
how is Divinity 2? When it first came out a lot fo ppl were dissapointed with it. HOw does it run on pc?

All the impressions I've read have said it to be very fun, and performance is great w/ the expansion.

Really unique character/enemy design too, not your typical zombie looking Oblivion people.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Actually, might as well grab both Episode one and Episode two of HL2. Hadn't played through them.

Hell, and with L4D it's even cheaper.

IrishNinja said:
GAF, do i want Zeno clash? also: is half life source the better way to play part 1 or wha?

As far as I know, the only thing that changed with Half Life: Source was pretty water and ragdoll physics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom