• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Attackthebase said:
Finally finish with Steam; time for today's damages:

Settler VII
Divinity II
Half Life 2, Episode I and II (I'm one of these two people who haven't played the Half Life franchise)
Company of Heroes

Overall: $230 for the entire sale....Ouch!

Also, could anyone become friends with me on Steam? I would adore expanding my network of friends on it especially since I have the time (and games) to play Steam for a long period of time. :D
What's your Steam ID?

Any Ion Assault Impressions? Anyone? It LOOKS interesting.

Also, are we 100% sure there will be another 24H period to buy games on sale tomorrow or should I buy my non-daily games now?

Suairyu

Banned
TheLegendary said:
The fuck? General steam issue. For the age requirement I think I accidentally left it as 2011 and now Im locked out of M rated games. How long does that last? Dont see anything in the Help.
Age gates are the most pointless and frustrating thing Steam has. It never remembers if you are old enough, only if you're too young. Age gates are easily deceived anyway - what is their point? They achieve nothing but pissing me off.

Bebpo

Banned
I can't even tell what I bought in this sale because the "my history" page on my community page has been broken for months. It just shows dots :\

Blizzard said:
The new 3D [Bionic Commando] actually looks kinda interesting to me though it's apparently mediocre?

It's extremely divisive. Some hate the game, some love the game, most haven't tried it due to the rantings of the haters.

Personally, it's one of my favorite games. But I've been a BC fan since the NES, so take that into consideration.

epmode

balladofwindfishes said:
What is Zeno Clash and what is it rated? Does it have a lot of violence or sex or whatever? It has no ESRB, and the videos don't exactly show off much.
First person brawler. Very violent although I don't remember much blood. Worthwhile for the competent first-person melee system, gets pretty terrible when it deviates.

Actually, it's probably worth it just to see the insane world design. Awesome stuff.

biocat

TheLegendary said:
The fuck? General steam issue. For the age requirement I think I accidentally left it as 2011 and now Im locked out of M rated games. How long does that last? Dont see anything in the Help.

I always click way to much and say I was born in the 1920s or 30s. :lol

Sysgen

Dr. Zoidberg said:
Any Ion Assault Impressions? Anyone? It LOOKS interesting.

Also, are we 100% sure there will be another 24H period to buy games on sale tomorrow or should I buy my non-daily games now?

Ion Assault. Have it on the 360. Had fun with it. Gorgeous particle effects. Kind of unique game from what I remember. They put controller support back into the PC version. Why they took it out was a visit to stupid land but it's back in.

kennah

$7.01 in my Steam Wallet.

Thinking either:

CivIV Complete

OR

Samorost2 + all of the Defense Grid DLC.

OR

Puzzle Quest 2.

Thoughts?

balladofwindfishes said:
What is Zeno Clash and what is it rated? Does it have a lot of violence or sex or whatever? It has no ESRB, and the videos don't exactly show off much.

The videos show off a fair bit of the core gameplay, Zeno Clash is a first person brawler set in a really surreal fantasy world. You could download the demo if neither video was enough.

Since this is probably the last unique sale day, time to assess my wallet:

Super Meat Boy
Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light
Shatter
AaAaAA!!
FEAR + all expansions
FEAR 2
Far Cry 2
The Path
The Void
Scourge Project episodes 1 and 2
Trials 2: Second Edition
Aliens vs. Predator
Galcon Fusion
Geometry Wars
Super Laser Racer
Bullet Candy
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Splinter Cell: Conviction
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
DOOM 3 + Resurrection of Evil expansion
DOOM II + Master levels
Ultimate Doom
Final Doom
Mafia II - Jimmy and Joe's DLC
Mirror's Edge
Puzzle Quest
VVVVVV
Zombie Driver
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Prince of Persia 2008
Prince of Persia trilogy
Serious Sam collection (originals + HD versions)
Burn Zombie Burn
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Total: £78.11

I have also added the Humble Indie Pack I got last year just by entering in the key.

On top of this I have added the GFWL sale games - Max Payne 2, Viva Pinata and AoE III.

Steam is the best thing to ever happen to gaming, on the best platform for gaming.

Artofwar420

Today might hurt. Suggestions?

1671706-cart.png

is anyone else getting issues with their credit cards in steam?
mine's refused everytime and i don't really know why, since it works everywhere else, it stopped working in steam a few days ago, i haven't been able to buy anything for the last couple of days.
any thoughts? cheers.

Draft

kazuma_pt said:
mine's refused everytime and i don't really know why, since it works everywhere else, it stopped working in steam a few days ago, i haven't been able to buy anything for the last couple of days.
any thoughts? cheers.
Steam rejects my CC constantly. I just gave up, all of my Steam purchases are through Paypal.

kazuma_pt said:
any thoughts? cheers.
I had some rejections when their system was overloaded. I tried later and it worked.

Maybe try at times where there is minimal load.

I could really go for some new steam friends myself. I only have a couple from TF2 adventures. My steam iD is Anathema05.

Hit the bank pretty hard for this sale, but then again it was my first steam sale. Not to mention my first time actually owning a good gaming PC, so I played catchup on a lot of quality games. Just about hit $200 even.

And I still might get Mafia and Batman. :/

Draft said:
Steam rejects my CC constantly. I just gave up, all of my Steam purchases are through Paypal.

didn't even know that steam had a paypal option:lol
damn, i could have bought so much thing these past few days :lol

thanks for the answer!

_Bro

Banned
The Half Life pack is so tempting. $10 bucks for everything?

I can do resist! Team Fortress Classic and Episode 2 only look good to me. Everything I else I own or just don't care for.

God damn, steam.

jediyoshi

Glad I chickened out on Red Alert 3. Much more interested in CoH. Looks like Tales of Valor and maybe Zeno Clash today

If for some reason you haven't played through HL1 yet, here's a link to the official HD model pack.

steam://installaddon/halflifehd (copy and paste into a browser)

I can't even find if they link it anywhere through any of the store pages

~Kinggi~

Banned
Fucking painkiller collection for 14.99.

Hot damn i forgot abot that game.

Hey, anyone know if the painkiller resurrection expansion that was released in 2009 goes back and updates the graphics for the Black edition and the overdose expansion??

Id look into gettint this if it seems like they are upgrading the base game.

vocab

~Kinggi~ said:
Fucking painkiller collection for 14.99.

Hot damn i forgot abot that game.

Hey, anyone know if the painkiller resurrection expansion that was released in 2009 goes back and updates the graphics for the Black edition and the overdose expansion??

Id look into gettint this if it seems like they are upgrading the base game.

No it doesn't. It's a stand alone shit fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom